"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God!" Matthew 5:9

"BIENAVENTURADOS LOS PACIFICADORES, PORQUE ELLOS SERÁN LLAMADOS HIJOS de DIOS." Mateo 5:9

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

"Bienaventurados los que tienen hambre y SED de justicia, porque ellos serán saciados." Mateo 5:6

These two verses are my focus for this week. I believe that last week I wrote about PEACE and quenching my THIRST! It's interesting that the word in Spanish for peacemakers is Pacificadores. Do you see the word? Mazatlán is on the Pacific Coast of Mexico and the Sea of Cortés. Notice that the ocean on this side is called PACIFIC!!! Same root as the word pacifist. I guess the purpose of a pacifist is to bring about change in a PEACEful manner. At least that's what I think!

I checked it out...here's what I found from good ole Google and Wikipedia(and sources noted): person who opposes the practice of war. someone opposed to violence as a means of settling disputes pacifist(a): opposed to war wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn Pacifism is the opposition to war or violence as a means of settling disputes. Pacifism covers a spectrum of views ranging from the belief that international disputes can and should be peacefully resolved, to absolute opposition to the use of violence, or even force, under any circumstances. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacifist

It aMAZES me that though the Pacific Ocean, is a beautiful body of blue water, that the waves rise and the current changes, and this PEACE becomes a STORM of enormous force, in the form of a Hurricane.

In God's Word, the Bible, there are many uses of WATER to illustrate our struggles, failures, triumphs and even Jesus' first miracle: changing WATER into the finest of wines for a wedding! Even that is an illustration of changing something simple-water...to the best wine...for the WEDDING...like the Body of Christ should be preparing for at this time...our Bridegroom!

I will continue with the idea of WATER this week. The first, I already touched on with Psalm 42 the other day...THIRST quenching brooks. In my case, the deer from Minnesota, nestled in my pine trees of my home, are close so they can draw water from that STILL water in the little lake across the road from our land. They are nourishing on the salt block and feeding on the corn. But they are hiding on our property from "hunters".

We can make a comparison from this to our spiritual life. We need to have a closer walk with God. We need to thirst after His Living Water: His WORD. The Beatitudes, two of which I have at the top of this post, say we should thirst after righteousness...which, in turn, would make us peacemakers. Knowing or reading God's Word, draws us into the Living Water. To thirst and know Him in a closer way! The deer craving the salt is how we are to be salt in the world so others will want to quench their thirst. The deer are in hiding, from danger, just as we need to seek God's protection from the enemy, daily to be on guard and yet we are not to be hidden under a bushel basket, but shine so the darkness of the world around us is exposed to His Light!

Today I pray that YOU WOULD BE LIGHT and SALT in the WORLD! Peacemakers! And that the PEACE would dwell within you and calm any storm you may be facing. Christ's Peace!

Here are two great songs (I pray I learn soon how to attach them) so that you can listen to them but for now, you'll have to just read the lyrics ... may the words minister to your heart and spirit as they do mine:

You Never Let Go by Matt Redman
Even though I walk Through the valley of the shadow of death, Your perfect love is casting out fear.
And even when I'm caught In the middle of the storms of this life, I won't turn back, I know You are near.
And I will fear no evil, For my God is with me.
And if my God is with me, Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?
Oh no, You never let go, Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go,In every high and every low
O no, You never let go Lord, You never let go of me.
And I can see a light That is coming for the heart that holds on A glorious light beyond all compare.
And there will be an end To these troubles, but until that day comes, We'll live to know You here on the earth.
You keep on running and You never let go
Singin' Lord You never let go of me
Sing'n
Oh no, You never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go,
In every high and every low
O no, You never let go Lord,
You never let go of me.
Yes, I can see a light that is coming
For the heart that holds on,
And there will be an end to these troubles,
But until that day comes,
Still I will praise You, Still I will praise You.

(Look, I learned!)
 

Never Let Me Go by Hillsong United
In the shadows my spirit weak Love broke through the darkness and lifted me And I know You'll never let me go In the storm in the raging sea Love conquered the fear and delivered me And I know You'll never let me go Oh love in the shadows Be the light who leads me on You're love I will follow Be my guide, Your will be done Oh Lord In the arms of the one unseen Love carried the cross that was meant for me And I know You'll never let me go Oh love I surrender Now forever I'll be loved In the love of the Father You are faithful, You are strong So hold me now, hold me now, hold me now Nothing in this life has walked these streets Love opened my eyes show me what You see And I know I'll never let You go 


1 comment:

  1. Peggy:
    I'm so glad you came over for a visit. Your comments meant so very much to me. I started blogging a couple of months ago, and love it!

    It's given me a platform for an eruption of words that has been brewing for over 40 years now.

    I'm going to write about my "title" soon. I've been using this phrase to sign notes and letters for over a decade. Perhaps because it seems that "peace" is often missing in my life as well as the culture we're living in.

    By the way, I love the picture on your blog. Indeed...peace flavored wtih hope. What a breathtaking scene!

    May God continue to use you through this blog and in your day to day routine. We live in a world that needs our words of peace, and a heart that models the same.

    Be blessed! ~elaine

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy