"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CHILDREN's DAY in MEXICO More Precious Than...

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."Matthew 19:13-15

"MORE PRECIOUS THAN SILVER"...

First song this morning that caught my attention was sung by children:

Señor, Tú eres más preciosa que la plata y

Señor, Tú eres más costoso que el oro y

Señor, Tú eres más brillante que el diamante y

Nada lo que hay compare en Tí!!! Lord You are more precious than Silver!

Lord You are more costly than gold!

Lord You are more beautiful than diamonds!

And nothing in this world compares to You!

A very simple song written in 1992 and sung by Lynn DeShazo.

If only we had raised or taught our children this principle, how PRECIOUS is life:

their life, other's lives, Our sweet Jesus' life...

perhaps than we would not be hearing of such violence everywhere,

perhaps than our schools would be a safe haven for learning,

perhaps than our nation would not be fighting a war against terroism...

TODAY, in México, it is Día de Los Niños, Children's Day!

Celebrate the lives of your children, make them each feel important!

Though this song is meant and sung to the Glory of Our Precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Look what He says in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Know without a doubt, Jesus sees each and every child with potential, that they indeed are a treasure in His Kingdom, more precious than silver, gold or diamonds.

In the good ole U.S.A., we are being broken, in our economy and in our lives, we are being shaken to the core, in our homes, perhaps it's because we put to much value on material goods and not on eternal values!

Though we are a glorious nation, with hearts as big as gold, we have forgotten "the children", we have forgotten to teach them values that result in more giving than receiving, the necessities not the "brand names"...because we wanted them to have the BEST!

Though Mexico is poor, they know how to bless the children. The very poorest children, with dirt on their faces, seem more happy than the ones with much. They have big hopes and dreams to have all that but meanwhile, they have something that is priceless: A SMILE and a GOD that loves them.

Please go back and read what Helen wrote about the Forgotten Children!

Thankful Thursday: Honoring Helen, April 17th, 2008.

The kids pictured below are waiting for a ham sandwich "torta", a bottle of water and a fruit, given out by the Vineyard Church here in Mazatlan. They live in a colony right down from the dumpsite. In the past, they use to go and work along side their parents in the dumps. Now, because of Vineyard, they have a school and go to school and no longer can work in the dumps! Thank you Jesus, for each child that comes to know you!

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE CHILDREN TODAY HERE AND IN YOUR HOME! THANKS!

BE A KID! ENJOY YOURSELF! and HAVE A HAPPY KID'S DAY with other KIDS!

My intent was to give the History of Children's day in Mexico and even USA. Check it out at: http://www.texasdia.org/history.html

5 comments:

  1. OK now Peggy, Really, you need to quit reading my QT journal - it is private : ). Amazing and AMEN to God's heart for children. While in Honduras I observed the same thing with the children living in dire poverty who did not know it. They were HAPPY and THANKFUL. Only when someone came in (usually from the States) and told them that they were poor because they didn't have all the material things that others did, would they begin to be discontent and lose their joy. I see that with the migrants today. Many of those who have grown up and now have good jobs still tell me that those days in the camps when they had nothing but each other and our lesson times were some of the happiest times in their lives. Children are so precious, such gifts from God! Thanks for your insight and encouraging words. Dios le bendiga mi hermana en Cristo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Se me olvido! Don't you just love all the celebrations Mexico has? They really do celebrate life in so many ways. I'm itchin' to get back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should finish my thought from my previous post: I'm itchin' to get back to Mexico not because of the fiestas and special days, but because of the people who celebrate them!
    Ah Chihuahua!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy:
    Celebrating the children with a day of their own. I LOVE this! Nothing breaks my heart more then hearing of the atrocities leveled against children all around the world. When I look at the innocence of my kids (19, 16, 7, 5) I realize that they are blessed...they remain untouched by many of the abuses that prey upon the youth of America.

    We've worked hard to put a hedge around them; we've not always done it perfectly, but we've done it with the understanding that God has given us a sacred privilege in raising them.

    I would love to hear more about your work in Mexico, especially as it concerns the children. What an awesome ministry you must have...being a little salt and a little light in a place that so needs a taste and a vision for Jesus.

    Be blessed!
    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day - celebrating the children. I love that praise song as well! By the way - I finally got around to putting my post up if you would like to see it. :) I am running late this week!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy