"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2008

INSTRUMENT OF PEACE

In my morning time, with God yesterday, Jehovah Shalom, spoke one word that stayed with me:
PEACE
I hadn't started thinking about the day; what I may Blog, what 40 year anniversary it was, or even looked at my devotional book, Proverbs 31 Ministry devotional for the day or any other. I was aMAZED once more that He already had put it together for me with just one word in my quiet time with HIM: What His purpose was for me that day. So I opened up my laptop to read my e-devotionals (that's devotionals I receive via email). And wouldn't you know Lysa's devotional from P31 Encouragement for Women was from Colossians. Though her title and theme was a bit different and more personal "Still a Pretty Good Day". (Click on her name in my favorites to be really blessed by her.) "Let the PEACE of Christ rule in your hearts..." Colossians 3:15 "Que LA PAZ de Cristo reine en sus corazones..." Colosenses 3:15 In my NIV Bible, it says for Chapter 3: Rules for Holy Living/Normas para una vida santa. You need to read the entire chapter 3 to better understand the context, but the rest of verse 15 let's us know we are called TO PEACE. I'd say that's what Martin Luther King, Jr. was doing also, back in the Civil Rights Movement of the 60s.
I was interrupted and left my laptop for a brief moment to put my 5 furry friends outside, but heard on the news about it being Martin Luther King, Jr. 40 year anniversary... and I thought briefly "but we celebrate his life in a different month" and then realized what happened that day. So, upon returning to my laptop, I checked out the news and the words to his famous speech. Which made me weep and ask, why? I then clicked on my CD in my boombox, for more worship time (not remembering which CD I had left there) and it was "MAKE ME AN INSTRUMENT OF YOUR PEACE " in Spanish sung by Jose Guadalupe Esparza, who doesn't usually sing Christian or CatholicBold songs. He was part of a group called Bronco, or El Gigante de Las Americas (It's Banda). You Tube has many versions of this in English sung by Sarah McLaughlan usually.(If I knew how or if it's allowed, I'd link you to one). Or better yet insert it here!!!
I returned to the rest of my e-votionals and open up to one from Dr. Charles Stanley. Luke 8:22-25, John 14:27, Romans 5:10, Phillipians 4:19 from In Touch Devotional. Dr. Stanley's topic---Experiencing Inner Peace. I will probably share these verses at a later time. As you can tell, my morning continued like this until I sat down and began to write my blog. And then it finally dawned on me, "Ok, God...I got it...PEACE!" So that became the reason I ventured into the realm of His PEACE! A peace that surely passes my understanding. Today, I'm wondering why and when I get it, I'll share what He was trying to tell me. Meanwhile, I'll linger in HIS PEACE and share the words of the prayer and song:
Lyrics to song Prayer of St. Francis from yesterday:
English version: 1.Make me a channel of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring your love. Where there is injustice, your pardon, Lord, And where there's doubt, true faith in you. 2.Make me a channel of your peace. Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope. Where there is darkness only light, And where there's sadness ever joy. 3.O Master, grant that I may never seek So much to be consoled as to console, To be understood as to understand, To be loved, as to love, with all my soul. 4. Make me a channel of your peace. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned, In giving of ourselves that we receive, And in dying that we're born to eternal life.
Spanish version: 1.Hazme un instrumento de Tu paz, donde haya odio lleve yo Tu amor, donde haya injuria, Tu perdon, Senor, donde haya duda, fe en Ti. 2. Hazme un instrumento de Tu paz, que lleve Tu esperanza por doquier, donde haya oscuridad lleve Tu luz, donde haya pena Tu gozo, Senor. 3. Maestro, ayudame a nunca buscar el ser consolado sino consolar, ser entendido sino entender, ser amado sino yo amar. 4. Hazme un instrumento de Tu paz, es perdonando que nos das perdon, es dando a todos que Tu nos das, y muriendo es que volvemos a nacer In checking to be sure of the accuracy of my words for the song, I encountered this from Mother Teresa of Calcutta:
The Final Analysis (source) People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; ...Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; ...Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; ...Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; ...Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; ...Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; ...Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; ...Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; ...
Give the world the best you've got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway. Adapted from Mother Teresa enlarged and framed sign, hung in the front lobby of her Nirmala Shishu Bhavan, the children’s home in Calcutta (origins) This is what she wrote along side of each line of the song. Her final analysis is where I will leave you: IT'S BETWEEN YOU & GOD! If you didn't read or say that "prayer" yesterday or ask Him in your own way (that's what prayer is: talking to God and communicating, listening and speaking; a personal realtionship like no other!!!) Then I invite you to ask HIM one more time to be LORD in your life, surrender and begin a new life with a clean slate. Let Jesus Christ make you an instrument of His PEACE!

1 comment:

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy