"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Trusting in Triumphs for Tuesday!!!

Because I missed posting yesterday, for my Monday of Mazes, Messes and Miracles...that's my own personal meme for Mondays, until I learn how to do one for everyone! I just had to find time today to TRUST that I would post something! It wasn't because I couldn't find anything to say(God forbid) or inspiration (because daily God gives me inspiration, usually in my devotions or quiet time). I was hoping yesterday, to have a Miracle, or even a Mess or Maze to use as my topic. (I'm purposely waiting for a Miracle on an upcoming story!) And everyday, is a maze or a mess around here. But Miracles...don't come that often. Yet then I realize each day there is a miracle. Just that we wake up and live and breathe another breath of life is a miracle. Look at what's happening around us everywhere and be thankful for the gift of a NEW DAY! JUST LOOK AT THE RAINBOW: A REFLECTION OF GOD'S LOVE displayed in ALL COLORS! [The truth is that I felt so sick yesterday and that's the real reason I didn't write. My internet service was in and out yesterday! My cyber didn't open up at all. I was lost! It just wasn't meant to be!]So, today, I'm doing catch-up! As I was reading my emails, evotionals and 1 Peter 3 Living, I went to S.U.M.Spiritually Unequal Marriages site [http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/or just click on logo or site over in the right sidebar] and read Dineen's excellent post on LOVE! Though she was sharing on "THE MEANING OF LOVE", I was seeing TRUST for me. God was asking me, "Do you TRUST me?" (Maybe it's because He knows already how much I love Him and like Dineen says "I DO", I too say "I do" continuously). But my "DO" for today, is in that rainbow of TRUSTing His PROMISES! In one of my first blogs, I used the song from Twila Paris, "Do I Trust You, Lord?" for something entirely different than the TRUST for today. So it's clear that He's trying to make a point here. From Dineen's post on "The Meaning of Love", I kept hearing the Lord say this to me... "Do you Trust me?" and my immediate, without thinking answer is "YES, of course, Lord! You know that!" and then He responds and asks, "In everything?" So I ponder...and reflect, each day when I pray, I surrender today I'll get out of the way... for God to do His work! Let GO, Let GOD! yet I ask HIM, some of the same petitions, such as my issue for today: salvation for loved ones. For years, I submit this same petition, and I will not give up until they are saved! And then my eyes fall, on a magnet on my little fridge: As children bring their broken toys, with tears for us to mend, I brought my broken dreams to God, because He is my Friend. But then instead of leaving Him, in peace to work alone, I hung around and tried to help, with ways that were my own. At last, I snatched them back again and cried, "How can you be so slow?" "My child" He said, "What could I do? You never did let go." So, again, I'm back ON my knees. And this time, after I ask for His forgiveness, especially for my many failures (which I call MESSES here), I learn to LET GO and move out of HIS WAY. My problem was that I always was trying to do it on MY OWN or my OWN WAY. I could easily see the many times, I was not just a failure at this, but I was a complete OBSTACLE for God getting through to DO exactly what I was asking! Finally I have learned to seek His Way through His Word, and claim it. We can say, "Thy Will be done" but many times it's our will or way be done and we don't wait for His will. He never pushes anyone's will, that's why it's free will. Our Choice! In the case of salvation for all loved ones, we know that it is HIS WILL that not any should perish. So we must cling to that and press on as if it already is DONE in the heavenlies. I usually ask God to send someone, other than me now, to move on this loved ones' life. I don't stop praying for salvation for anyone but pray God's Word and personalize it for that person. Then I claim the loved one and see the loved one as another TRIUMPH in God's day and God's Way. For you see, He's still working on me, too! He takes each of us, right where we are and moves forward one step at a time. When we fall, He quickly is there to pick us up. When we step backwards, He beckons us forward! "Come on..." All He is asking is to TRUST Him. I'm sure many times, He has been just trying to pry my hands open to finally Let GO and LET GOD! I can think of many times, I have laid things down at His feet, with tear soaked face and then as I turn and walk away, I realize that I didn't leave it ALL there...I held on...maybe to just a thread...maybe just a little control by me...maybe just one more try...maybe I just didn't DO it right...and He reminds me, "Do you TRUST me?" God's RAINBOW: a symbol of His Promises to me. God is a God of His Word and He will bring it to completion in HIS PERFECT TIMING. TRUST HIM! (I do!!!!!!!) Lord, I am letting go! "In His time, in His time, He makes all things beautiful, in His time, Lord, please show me everyday, As You're teaching me Your way, That You do just what You say, in Your time. In Your time, in Your time, You make all things beautiful, in Your time. Lord, my life to Yours I bring, May each song I have to sing, Be to You a lovely thing, in Your time. ©1978, Maranatha! Music Words and Music by Diana Ball TRIUMPHANT TUESDAY!!! I look forward in the triumphs of loved ones bowing before the One True God and proclaiming complete surrender of their life to the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords and I count it done, in the Name of Jesus. Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy,

    I'm so sorry to hear that you were not feeling well yesterday!!! Being sick is NO fun. The poem you put in your post is one that I have framed from my first year in college. Being one with a naturally anxious personality Prov. 3:5-6, I Peter 5:7, Phil4:6-9, etc... and poems like that one are a continual theme in my prayer journal : ). My brother is not a Christian and I love him so dearly!! My face too has been on the ground tear filled. Do you get those little red dots on your eye lids from crying so intensely? Then He reminds me that He loves my brother more than I'm even capable of loving him. There is such a difficult balance between letting go of the situation while hanging on to His hand when you feel like letting go of that too, for me. I don't say all this 'cause I think I've conquered, but to say I can so relate and my heart feels for the pain you must feel. I'm saying a prayer! Is your e-mail on your site? I couldn't find it? Also, do you have a particular post on what God's ministry through you in Mexico is now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we must cling to that and press on as if it already is DONE in the heavenlies.

    Peggy, I just LOVE that line. And it's so true. I made a comment after yours over at SUM. Not sure if I understood but that kind of agape love, only Jesus can put that in our hearts. He's the one that helps us truly love sacrificially. Thank goodness too! I'd fail constantly otherwise.

    Your post here is so beautiful. I agree, it always seems to come down to trust. And God will keep showing us each area we haven't let go of in his good time, and for our protection and benefit. I just love that about him.

    You are so precious and such a blessing. Your encouragement is a treasure to me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy