"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS

This week's DOT post has tons of info so you should go head over 
and check it out with Paula and Natalie
for people who love their dogs
and want to talk about them once a week!




My 1ST
DOGS ON THURSDAY!


TOBITO only son

to TOBY Mommy 
.....and Chiminito, their Daddy













CHIQUITITA
CHISPITA

LUCKY



MY BIG BOY BRAVO 10 years old this year (2008)



I've wanted to share in the FUN every Thursday but I've been doing THANKFUL THURSDAY. So today while visiting Thankful Thursday friends, I came across something very special for the umteenth time this week from Serendipity and Happy@ http://serendipitypark.blogspot.com/ the light went on..." Hey, I can do BOTH..." 

After all I'm so Thankful for these friends I call family...they are what occupies the rest of my time when I'm not busy in MINISTRY or on the dear old laptop...It's only fair to give them more than a place on the sidebar...very far down that no one hardly ever sees. Since we ALL 5 and I made a trip of 1,500 miles...I owe them this!

By 5 that means, Toby, Chiminito, Bravo Chiquitita, and Chispita. Lucky lives in Minnesota... and sweet little Tobito is my Heavenly Pup...he died the summer that this litter of 6 was born to Toby and Chimi...certainly not a match meant to be...or a Heavenly Match these two! There were two more puppies : Jai Li and Pi Li...Jai Li is with her brother in Heaven and Pi Li is roaming the streets but belongs to the family of Jai Li. Pi Li looks like a small labrador. Jai Li looked like the "Target" dog...she was special and such a sweetie, she died first!

I would like to share what HAPPY and Serendipity shared on their Thankful Thursday though I should have asked permission, it did not orginate with them because I've read each elsewhere:

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy. Take naps. Stretch before rising. Run, romp and play daily. Thrive on attention and let people touch you. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do. On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree. When you're happy, dance around and 'wag' your entire body. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk. Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

Mine have each taught me this! I have many lessons that I've learned through my family of dogs. Van Walton from Created for the Garden but Lost in the Jungle has a precious book that she shares lessons from AIR called From the Pound to the Palace that she also share with kids in schools.

Serendipity also shared this story about Shane and A Dog's Purpose. It made me reflect on my Tobito and Jai Li (originally named Target than Apache) as well as so many dogs that have been such a blessing on my life...

A Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year-old)
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker 's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why." Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The six-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

We dread this day and never want to think of it coming or happening to our loved ones but as sure as life there is death...I'm not sure if Serendipity shared this or HAPPY but the advice was wise ( it may have been part of the original)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Make every day count!!! Make each day just the beginning of ETERNITY! Learn as much as you can from Our Master...and then treat those you are master over with a LOVE and understanding like you are blessed to share this day with them!

Show R-E-S-P-E-C-T to creatures and humans alike:

RESPECTFUL
ENCOURAGING
SENSITIVE & SYMPATHETIC
PRAISE-filled & PEACEFUL
ENTHUSIASTIC
COMPASSIONATE
TENDER, TENACIOUS, and TRAINABLE as you TEACH others

<><><>


If you LOVE DOGS or just want to see some special FRIENDS or would like to join 
Ohhh and don't FORGET my FRIENDSHIP AWARD 
being passed on to YOU and your best friends

After all they are known as "MAN'S BEST FRIEND"

HONOR THEM and YOURSELF & some HUMAN FRIENDS!

Bravo, Chimi, Chiqui, Chispa & Toby
&
Peggy


10 comments:

  1. Welcome to DOT!! What pretty pups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What handsome and beautiful poochies! I just might have to stop over there and see if they'll except a neurotic dog like my Champ! He does bring alot of laughter into our house with his silly little ways! Great post Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peggy! What a lovely post! I certainly remember your 5 doggies and have always marvelled at how you can handle 5! Happy alone is a handsfull for me LOL! But I love her dearly.

    I thank the original writer of the story too although I do not know who. It was only an email I received. But the lessons are precious! So glad that you are sharing it here too! Hugs to you!

    Remain blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was sweet! I love the "If a dog was the teacher."

    Blessings, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy--Your blog is always filled to overflowing--and I bet that reflects your life, doesn't it!
    Thank you for the blog awards!! And, girlfriend--get up in a parasail!!!
    Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peggy, your dogs are such sweeties! Wonderful that you can enjoy their presence. I love the "if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like" and the email. Very sweet and encouraging. Thanks for sharing with us. Take care and have a blessed weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peggy!
    Great post today!
    I love all your doggie friends and very touching stories and poems.
    Welcome to Dogs on Thursdays!
    You are all signed up and on the blogroll now.
    Hope to see you next week!


    P.S. Thank you for the friendship award too! We will get that up on the blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Peggy, What wonderful doggies, a man very best friend and true friend till end. Thanks for the awards and I will try to get it on blog this week. I hope that you will be truly bless. We loves you.
    Hve a wonderful weekend love!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Peggy, Welcome to the Dogs on Thursday group! I'm sure you and yor dogs will love it, and that the other members will enjoy hearing from you.

    Also, thanks for the sweet comments you left about Maizy Mae, my conceited little Spotlight Dog!!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy