"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2008

MORE THAN A FRIEND

Sherry from The Journey Back has started this:
Something brought you to my mind today
I thought about the funny ways you make me laugh
And yet I feel like it's okay to cry with you
Something about just being with you
When I leave I feel like I've been near God
And that's the way it ought to be...
CHORUS: 'Cause you've been more than a friend to me You fight off my enemies 'Cause you've spoken the Truth over my life And you'll never know what it means to me Just to know you've been on your knees for me Oh, you have blessed my life More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah
You had faith, when I had none
You prayed God would bring me a brand new song
When I didn't think I could find the strength to sing
And all the while I'm hoping that I'll
Do the kind of praying for you that you've done for me
And that's the way it ought to be...
You have carried me
You have taken upon a burden that wasn't your own
And may the blessing return to you
A hundredfold, oh yeah...
A hundredfold, oh yeah
I stated that I was going to be doing this on FRIDAYS as a FEATURED FRIEND of all my FAVORITES...but I couldn't wait...and to think just last week I wrote that I could NOT do this
as I told Sherry what a giving & wonderful friend she is...and so I asked God for His blessing as I venture out among all the wonderful FRIENDS that are doing a blog that He would direct my choice and guard the hearts of the rest of my friends until I get to them (hopefully, God willing, I'll get to ALL of you...one by one) but I have to get to know you a little better.
So, today I began my reading of "The LOVE Dare" to post about DAY 7 and God made it clear as I read the opening paragraph, who I should choose and I do not believe that she will object to me combining my choice of her with my post of "The Love Dare" for Day 7...which is...
...LOVE BELIEVES THE BEST...
Many of you already know her, before I had the privelege of God leading us to each other, but
she is one of my new BEST FRIENDS FOREVER and since LOVE BELIEVES THE BEST ...I'm believing the BEST for her... since she's new I do not have a photo but maybe God will provide one later that I'll add...So for now you will recognize her by this:
sailorcross
BETH
You are one in a million, but God gave you to me as a friend
for my birthday gift (though your first visit with a comment) was the day before my birthday
I love the gift you are to me and for me!
The first blessing was to discover we were born the same year...same age.
I do not know that about any other friends but who knows.
Beth writes such heartwarming comments & also her posts at warmHarte
clearly are from her heart.
Her first comment:
"I've come over from XXXXX's place to visit you!! And I'm glad that I did!! I love the beautiful photo combined with this amazing verse--just inspiring before I start my day!! Thank you for the prayer--I prayed it as I read it--a very good reminder that we ARE God's light to this fallen world, and we definitely need to keep on shining!"
Another early comment:
"Anyway, I wanted to say that I am amazed (though I shouldn't be--I know!) how God is using the internet for HIS good purposes--spreading HIS work, bringing people together."
And one of her most recent ones:
"I came back to reread everything that you have written!! I just want you to know that your words have blessed me beyond belief, and why? Because they are spoken (written) from God's heart to your heart to my heart. I am thankful that God has placed you in my life at a time when I most needed a friend exactly like you! God is just awesome and amazing like that, isn't He?"
Myspace Comments
BETH The bouquet of flowers at the top is for you!
I truly believe that the best examples of one's friendship come from your own words written to that
friend! Beth has written to me emails and shared much of her heart and testimony as well as life's trials that have brought her to be the BEST FRIEND in the world for me at this season or all seasons. She wrote a comment asking a question when I announced The Love Dare and our friendship has taken off from there. One cannot describe how the heart rejoices when God joins them in one accord in prayer and friendship. I also started in her study of "Quiet Time with God"
as "Lord, Teach us to pray..." which she started right before The Love Dare began.
She wanted to do The Love Dare and went to purchase the book and look what she writes me...
"If you want me to, I’ll go tomorrow after church and get you a copy and mail it to you tomorrow. It shouldn’t take too long to get there. Just send me your address. I’d be more than happy to do this for you."
Beth has known me less than a month and look at her willing heart. She saw my need, my desire through the eyes of God...that I'm down here in Mexico and cannot easily get many of the things that everybody can go out and just grab there (when they can afford it) and she chose to bless me.
Now Beth did not become my choice or BEST FRIEND featured because of offering to bless me with this book, though I hope she knows that it is beyond the call of friendship...I chose her because
of the Godly connection we made in such a short time. Although I will not share anything private from her emails and our exchanges, you can just tell when God places a special person in your life for such a time as this...isn't God wonderful...
I found this poem that I thought Willnette's friend Gi had written so I did not want to take it, but it looks like it was meant to go along with the awards (though I'm not sure which one) that I gave out in TT or WFW called:
"If You ever need a hand I'm here"
We need Friends for many reasons,
all throughout the seasons.
We need Friends to comfort us when we are sad,
and to have fun with us when we are glad.
We need Friends to give us good advice,
We need someone we can count on,
and treat us nice.
We need Friends to remember us
ones we have passed sharing memories
that will always last.
Beth is a new friend in this season and I pray for all seasons. I know that it was meant because God's timing is perfect & planned...and I passed these awards on
to her because the words..."if you ever need a hand, I'm here"...become real when you are fortunate enough to find a friend that is like this. Many of the rest of you are like this also, which was the reason I told Sherry I find this hard to do.
If you get the chance, go and read from either of Beth's blogs because you will be so blessed as I am each time...but you must read this one here, when she passed on these two awards from two of us, which proves she's a double blessing
and God is double blessing her so I pray that reaches her current double goal of
"The Love Dare"
I hope that BETH and you will see how DAY 7 inspired me to think of my blog friends.
Be sure to visit Chelle @ her blog
for this 40 day marital challenge.
Since the beginning, my opinion is that you can do this LOVE DARE for anyone: family member-son/daughter...whomever just substitute whomever in place of spouse.
Of course, some personal concepts cannot be changed but "The Love Dare" is to assist us at loving as Jesus loved us and showed us how to love as Our Heavenly Father loves us. Jesus walks with us through learning & growing in HIS WORD & His principles on LOVE for every relationship! Just make the adjustment.
Let's just look at TODAY's:
"LOVE believes all things, hopes all things." ~1 Corinthians 13:7
Day 7 in The Love Dare starts out with these exact words:
"In the deep and private corridors of your heart, there is a room.
It's called the APPRECIATION ROOM.
It's where your thoughts go when you encounter positive and encouraging things..."
My heart immediately thought of BETH and thus the reason, I knew that God placed her there.
BETH, I truly appreciate you so much! In just a short time, you have been placed in my thoughts, prayers and heart.
Since this is a room of appreciation, according to LOVE DARE, there are walls. (Boy, do I have some thoughts about "walls"!) Many times in my life, especially in my relationship in my marriage, "walls" have gone up. Now since (as I explained in Day 6) I am an extrovert, "walls"
were not dealt well with me. My estranged spouse, after being diagnosed with diabetes, withdrew from our relationship more and more each day until he isolated himself and not only "walls" but doors were closed to our relationship.
Because of who I am, this was an awful shut-down and form of rejection after just having lost my mother in '86 now I was loosing my intimate relationship with my spouse as well.
While in spiritual counseling, I discovered that I dislike "walls" so much that as soon as I meet someone I like or want as a friend, I tell all there is to tell as honestly and quickly as possible,
so as not to leave any secrets or reason that they might discover this later and not remain as my friend. I tell people "to take down walls" right away so they can make their decision
knowing all this. There are many lessons in "walls" and some of the fears that accompany them, are abandonment, rejection, isolation, resentment becomes bitterness...I guess these are in the room that The Love Dare says are in the room down the hall called the Depreciation Room.

However, The Love Dare, is speaking of the walls in the Appreciation Room, where good attributes are kept where kind words and phrases are written that bring good memories!

On these walls are positive characteristics that come to mind as you think of that special person. In fact, they say that if you focus on these positive attributes, the more grateful

you become for that person. As you think about those positive characteristics, your appreciation increases.

So, think about this; Which room do you visit the most when recalling that LOVE challenge?

In the Depreciation room are written those "irritations". You line up all the weaknesses and failures that bother you about that LOVE challenge person. You put them there when you were hurt, frustrated and disappointed of unmet expectations of that person.

So: What are your "unmet" expectations of this LOVE challenge person?

What might they have placed in their "Appreciation or Depreciation Room" about you?

What can you do about it? How can you change?

Too many of us, spend time visiting the "Depreciation" room, "licking our wounds",

and that is what kills marriages or relationships. The more time you spend in this place, the

more your heart devalues this person. You need to realize that you use these irritations as ammunition each time you enter a fight, argument, discord, "battlefront lines" of miscommunication~ this is where "bitterness" sets in...oh how the enemy seeks to stir that up in a home!!!

The truth is that everyone of us has failed, has weaknesses and "have sinned" which leaves us areas that need growth and change. I see this as when I need the cleansing of the Lord...and pray, "Lord, create in me a clean heart.." so can we not allow this same cleansing for the other person...in order to have growth(think of a new seedling of a plant) we need "to pick the weeds", we need "to water with living, fresh water", we need "to trim", we need "to get rid of the harmful components" (like bugs, chemicals, dead leaves or branches)...Do you get the picture? What you do for you, needs to be allowed for the other!

All of us carry unresolved issues, hurts and personal baggage. It's the human condition that I pointed out above..."all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." The sad part is that being human, we tend to not look so closely at our own negative attributes that may irritate

others while we magnify the other person's failures and guard them in our heart as wounds

(granted it may be unintentional) but when the time prompts us...we are so ready to retaliate

and use these "fiery darts" (now you must realize where these come from) but the real issue:

The LOVE DARE says: Love knows about the Depreciation Room and does not live in denial that it exists. LOVE focuses on the positive. Love Dare has some very practical applications on this.

"It's time to let love lead your thoughts and your focus. The only reason you should glance in the door of the Depreciation Room is to know how to pray for your LOVE Dare challenge person. And the only reason you should ever go into this room is to write, "Covered in LOVE" across the walls. " IS THIS NOT GREAT???!!!

"Developing the habit of reigning in your negative thoughts and focusing on the positive attributes of your Love challenge person is a crucial step to learning to lead your heart to truly love your that person. It is a decision that you make, whether they deserve it or not."

I cannot resist adding one more point from the word "reigning" probably from my own personal life of knowing I need a "reign" on my mouth just like I used to "reign" my horse. You need to start training a horse to accept or put the bit in their mouth to be able to train the horse to "reign". "Reigning a horse" is so that the horse will go the direction you want to go.

Come, Holy Spirit and reign in our lives...so we will go where You desire to lead us & bring us to reign in Your Kingdom. Reign over my mouth and my thoughts especially those in the depreciation room of those I am called to LOVE. Lead me with Your reign into the place of

continual appreciation of the positive in each person and make this my focus daily +++++++

The Love Dare spoke about the years when you first met your spouse and the many memories that you hold from those days of First Love. It's easy to love someone or appreciate them when you first meet. The trial is to continue loving them for years to come and stand on your commitment & vows you made to love them until death do you part.

Many of us go through a death in our relationships. My encouragement to you is for any relationship but mostly for the One you have or could have or should have with

OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, your First Love!

This LOVE will/does not die but needs to be renewed daily and focused on ALL the PRAISES within you and ALL HIS WONDERFUL ATTRIBUTES & CHARACTERISTICS on you mind constantly.

Think of the reasons that YOUR LOVE for JESUS does not die as you come to know HIM more!

Think about how JESUS resurrects the dead from the grave and bursts forth with NEW LIFE!

Give Him a chance to birth that NEW LIFE or RENEW & REFRESH YOUR FIRST LOVE with HIM

each day as you take time & set aside time to come into HIS PRESENCE & LOVE just to talk, we call that prayer...quiet time...worship...adoration...praise...and

THANK HIM for He is worthy!

Which brings us to TODAY's DARE with a different sense of awareness:

For Today's Dare, get two sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your LOVE challenge person. Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point during the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your person for having this characteristic.

I ALMOST LOST ALL OF THIS, BLOGGER WAS NOT SAVING & TOLD ME IT WASN'T AVAILABLE when I went to Publish and now I read that there's a scheduled outage...so I'll add this to BLESS ALL MY FRIENDS BUT ESPECIALLY OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST my BEST FRIEND FOREVER & FIRST LOVE! Just to remind us...how HE sees us...we should be seeing our LOVE DARE! What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bare! What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer! And I'll cherish the old rugged cross Til' my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, And exchange it some day for a crown. Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee, How great Thou Art, how great Thou art! Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee, How great Thou art, how great Thou Art!
Myspace Comments
BE sure to WRITE about One of Your BEST FRIENDS and share at The Journey Back!
JOIN SHERRY...go visit her at The Journey Back and learn more about
"MORE THAN A FRIEND" Encourage Sherry & pray for her ministry! If you do Word Fill Wednesday, why not sign up on Mr. Linky with Sherry so she can use your graphic with God's Word in her ministry Read about this by clicking here. IF YOU ARE READING THIS I'M PASSING THE FRIENDSHIP DARE ON TO YOU! Take the blue bar of "You've Been A Friend" and the bouquet to honor one of your friends

6 comments:

  1. I am speechless, I am crying, and I am overwhelmed!! This is like you have known me for a very long time, when in fact it hasn't been that long at all!!

    How did you know I love "The Chronicles of Narnia"? How did you know that I love Aslan? And how did you know that these very songs were the very ones I picked for my mother's funeral service? If "Just As I Am Without One Plea" had been on that video, I think I would not have been amazed at all.

    How did you know?

    I, thank you, Peggy, from the depths of my heart. You have encouraged me so many times with your thoughts and prayers for me and my children. You are a true friend and a blessing to me.

    And as I watched the Narnia video, I was thinking about how we are co-heirs with Christ, daughters of the KING. We are princesses in God's eyes, all of us, and no one, not anyone is ever going to be able to take that from us.

    Bless you, Peggy. You and I, neither one of us has had an easy time of it during this life. And we will probably never meet on this earth, but I know that I will meet you someday at the foot of Christ. And what will I do at that time? I can only imagine!

    Always in Christ,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you my friend, your heart shines. This was a beautiful tribute to dear Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. I loved Beth's comment.
    Thanks for your sweet spirit and encouragement. You Bless.
    Did you say something about awards?
    I am going back to your post from
    yesterday to pick them up!
    Many Blessings my friend.
    Love,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth is such a sweet and encouraging friend :) So are you, Peggy :)

    Friends are special gifts from God. It's wonderful that even blogging friends can be so special and dear to us :)

    Take care and may God bless you with a very restful and refreshing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy,

    I have only had a couple of 'meetings' with dear Beth but what a precious tribute to the impact she has had on your life and vice versa!

    You have spoken many truths here, my friend. They have touched my heart in many ways so I can only imagine sweet Beth trying to take it all in :)

    I would like to tell you both to enjoy the beauty of what the Lord has brought to you ~ each other.

    May the Lord continue to bless your friendship! ((hugs)) to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tribute to Beth. What a sweet person! This post had me in tears. Christ's love in you is so sweet, Peggy.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy