"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

LOVE FROM HEAVEN SENT RIGHT BACK

I LOVE YOU MOM! I MISS YOU!
On this day, long ago...you left us and returned to Our Heavenly Father. You'd think after more than 20 years the pain and the loss here would no longer be felt. When you first were gone, I was OK with it because I knew that you would no longer be suffering. And I was so glad for that! But Christmas has never been the same!

It's just that between Thanksgiving & Christmas, I can recall how wonderful you made all our holidays and our home filled with so many traditions and people(guests) that you welcomed with open arms (except for my husband). They just came for a sampling of your great desserts or food. But you didn't mind, in fact you loved being hospitable. Oh, and I did not say that about my husband with bitterness because though it is never right to treat anyone differently, I understand how you felt because before he was my husband, you did allow him to come there.

Anyways, the holidays were never the same without you. I only wished that I had learned all your homemaking skills: cooking, baking, sewing... I truly wish we had more time together but I know we will someday. The first time this hit me about you being gone was the following Mother's Day. Then each time I saw dad and saw his longing to be with you... but now he is and that makes a perfect heavenly match. So I will try to think good thoughts and remember the good memories and focus on all that Jesus tells me. But I miss you & your smile & your Christmas cookies! I miss seeing dad kiss you goodbye but there are no longer any more "good byes". Now they are heavenly kisses. So send me some of your love from heaven & I'll be sure to send much right back. I thank God for the time we had together. I look forward to eternity.

"Life Song"
My friend Beth sent me this song today "I Know You're There"by Casting Crown, actually all of these she has sent me (THANKS BETH). I should have chosen this so I just had to add it...I guess you could say...
"I Know You're There"
Maybe this is why "brokenness" came to me as a theme I should write on this week from "The Chronicles of Narnia" series I did last week. I am no longer "broken" because Jesus is putting those pieces back together in me as He heals & restores me daily for these many years. "To have a broken heart is to be humble, contrite, repentant, and meek—that is, receptive to the will of God." And "to be broken"... well...More about this topic later. 


Recently (Nov. 17th) I visited a two part post:
When a friend is grieving the loss of a parent - what to do over @ "IT'S ALMOST NAPTIME" who had a guest blogger Leah...in case you need this information or know someone who might.


There are many wonderful resources on line. 

Here are some I found helpful: 
Grieving & Healing: 5 steps to help you through the grieving process from About.com
 (sorry but the following links are not working although I searched to no avail)
Grief from Your Total Health
Good Grief: There is Life after Death
Rainbow Faith: A Christian Grief Ministry

Understanding Your Grief by Nora Knople @ Faith Writers.com

Nora has a great list of 25 things to do when you feel....and I'm starting with #1. GO FOR A LONG WALK...I'll be back later MY WALK STARTED WITH JESUS CHRIST & IT WILL CONTINUE WITH HIM! HE IS MY STRENGTH & THE AIR I BREATHE!






11 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds like an amazing woman! I know you miss her and understand that grief is more intense during the holidays. I am that way with my grandfather. He's been gone for 22 years and I miss him so much this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your dear mom is very proud of the beautiful woman of God you are. I know you miss her, I miss my momma too. Eternity will be awesome my friend. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy, what a beautiful post about your sweet mama. She sounds like a truly wonderful person. I'm so thankful God blessed you with her as your mother.

    Praying for you during this holiday season...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful tribute to your MOM!!

    I know the holidays bring about more intense feelings in me, and it sounds the same with you. So many things that I just took for granted that would be there, that would happen--and they aren't there any more.

    But God is always there for you!! He hears you, He sees you, and He loves you. And your Mom is smiling on you today for the woman of God you have become.

    Blessings to you every day, Peggy, but especially on this day!!

    Love you,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tribute to your Mom. My Mom has been gone for over 9 years now and I miss her so much. She was like a best friend to me as I was growing up. I was an only child.
    I found out the Linky problem was with Mr. Linky. I finally went to his blog and he had posted an apology for the outage, and said he had been working on it for hours. It seems to be fixed now. Just thought you'd like to know. I'm glad it wasn't our new widget that caused the trouble. I didn't think it was because it was working fine yesterday but you never what might affect what.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Peggy,
    Thanks for such a sweet note. I do love Christmas because of my Gramma and that being the time of year she came. I can't imagine your sadness around this time. Know that you are in my prayers. I was just musing about suffering because of some things Gramma is going through right now and I jotted down the thoughts on my personal page and saw the comments on the other page. So I came over and read your post for today. My heart grieves for your loss, but is so glad to know that she knew Him and you have that wonderful hope!!!! What do people do without that? Though Gramma is not a parent she has been more of a mother to me than my own so I'm gonna look up some of those resources you listed on your post. I find myself slowly grieving losing her though she is still physically here. Thanks for the heartfelt posts you take the time to produce. Dios te bendiga

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peggy,
    I can't imagine the pain of loosing a Mother, yet I know it will happen. Peace be with you during this season!

    Thanks for the comments today! Sorry I'm so slow in responding. I've been running behind on emails and comments. Glad you found the personality letters. It's a fun test, but I don't know how accurate.

    ((Hugs))
    ~Sharon~
    A Hoosier Family / Assembly of God Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post & great tribute to your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peggy,

    I'm sorry your sweet heart hurts for your Mom. This is a sweet tribute to her.

    I pray the Lord's peace upon you this season! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing with us this lovely tribute to your beloved mother, Peggy. Thank God for blessing you with such a wonderful mother. Thank God for the blessed hope that she is with our Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tribute to your mom, mom's sure are wonderful people and the Lord has blessed me with an awesome one who is suffering with health issues. I know she has loved the Lord all her life and put Him first, she has had a difficult life and now at the end of it she is too bitter. she is trying to deal with it and I see God working... she is in the refiner's fire--so to speak.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy