"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2009

My HOPE Is Built On Nothing Less

WELCOME 
TO 
I'm so glad that you came to visit and perhaps would like to join us ~ it's simple. Just post a song, a scene or a scripture that has been placed on your heart this week on your blog & link here.
My choice today goes along with my FOCUS for scripture verses on HOPE for this month. It is not my normal style, but a classic hymn captures so much from one's heart, filling you with profound meaning and the beautiful photos of this video speak volumes. This old hymn of HOPE is sung beautifully by Deborah Liv Johnson(you can learn more about her by clicking on her name)born to missionary parents who attended a well known college in my home state of Minnesota has an aMazing voice! I HOPE that you enJOY!
And an additional reason I chose this classic hymn written by 
Edward Mote in 1834 & 
music by William Bradbury 
was to direct your attention to here.
To read the lyrics and learn more click & go HERE
blog
For more information, you can read my post here 
or 
visit directly LIGHTHOUSE of PRAYER.
Please join us in prayer or right here with SUPER SUNDAY!
May the Lord bless you & keep you this week!
Numbers 6:24-26 "The LORD bless you and keep you;the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
PRAYING FOR EACH OF YOU
in
my Sanctuary this Sunday!
[LOVE the TWILA PARIS CD called SANCTUARY, check it out]

6 comments:

  1. Now, this is the version that I remember from my childhood--just floating around in my brain yesterday--all day long!!

    Funny, how those songs come back to me from time to time--no, not funny (haha)--another "God moment", how He places these thoughts in my mind.

    Beautiful, and of course, you know I love the lighthouses in the video!!

    My hope IS built on nothing less, a hope I will NEVER, EVER let go of again!!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my all time favorite CD! It's 11 years old and yet I still listen to it.

    Thank you for all your prayers and encouraging words.

    Be blessed today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peggy!
    You've been on my mind this week so I just stopped by to say hello. Hope you're doing well. God bless!
    Love and hugs,
    Dineen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great song beautifully sung. The pictures were so beautiful too. We are so blessed.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely hymn - I haven't heard it in some time; but the words are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing Peggy.

    And the Numbers 6:24-26 prayer is one I pray over my teens regularly.

    Your e-card was so encouraging Peggy. I praise the Lord that He has allowed our paths to cross!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy