"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

WHO I AM

INTRO




{I have not yet decided whether I will feature these on Fridays or Tuesdays. But God has directed me to walk once more through steps of freedom by acknowledging WHO I AM in Christ Jesus.I will be calling the series either:Tuesday's TRUE IDENTITY in CHRIST (if I do them on Tuesdays) or FREEDOM FRIDAY (if I post them on Friday) Fulfilling Your Identity in Christ ... who knows maybe I'll end up doing on both days or either as I am able. We'll see how it goes and how much interest there is but no matter what, it is what I need to do throughout 2010!!!}

Each week in 2010, I hope to be doing a series on my IDENTITY in CHRIST based on scripture and Truths I learned in Neil T. Anderson's books back in the 90's.

***

Understanding your identity in Christ is essential for living a Christian life and walking victoriously. The first thing I think, we as women, and especially as Christian women, often see or think about ourselves differently every day. Sometimes, we look in the "mirror" and we like who we see and sometimes we don't like the woman we see. Our self esteem fluctuates almost as much as our monthly cycles. And of course, satan likes to keep us bond up and believing lies from our childhood or our past, putting ourselves down and falling into his trap or entrapment. We must be free!

My attempt at sharing our "Identity in Christ" is to encourage us to begin, or remind ourselves, how Christ sees us. We need to focus on what it truly means to be Christian and WHO WE ARE in Christ to define ourselves. We need to mediate and focus every day on God's Truth of our identity in Christ to become different women, better women and not believe the darts that try to deceive us and discourage us. We need to love the person we see in the mirror, no matter what the physical appearance or size may be this week: WE ARE HIS and HE IS OURS, WE BELONG.

We are created by God to live a purposeful life victoriously, pressing forward to our goals. (oh that's another topic) ...setting goals that many of us do, sometimes called New Year resolutions.

I RESOLVE TO BE ALL I CAN BE IN CHRIST JESUS.

In this series, we will be looking at what the Bible says about OUR IDENTITY in CHRIST! I will break this into the 3 following concepts of Neil T. Anderson's:

I am accepted...I am secure...I am significant...

(or maybe these six sections - not necessarily in this order, which I use to define myself when I'm down or need to renew my identity):

Replace my name with your own name.

Peggy 's Identity In Christ

Peggy ... Is Valuable.
Peggy ... Is Loved.
Peggy ... Is Victorious.
Peggy  ... Is Complete.
Peggy ... Is Chosen.
Peggy  ... Is Forgiven.

Since I am without my books by Neil T. Anderson, here in Mexico, I am leaning on God's direction and HIS WORD.

Let's use this song as our theme song to REFRESH US today or any day to RECALL and BE BLESSED as HIS BELOVED and REMEMBER HOW CHRIST JESUS sees us:


"Who am I? That the Lord of all the earth, Would care to know my name, Would care to feel my hurt. Who am I? That the bright and morning star, Would choose to light the way, For my ever wandering heart. Bridge: Not because of who I am, But because of what You've done. Not because of what I've done, But because of who You are. Chorus: I am a flower quickly fading, Here today and gone tomorrow, A wave tossed in the ocean, A vapor in the wind. Still you hear me when I'm calling, Lord, You catch me when I'm falling, And You've told me who I am. I am Yours. I am Yours. Who am I? That the eyes that see my sin Would look on me with love And watch me rise again. Who am I? That the voice that calmed the sea, Would call out through the rain, And calm the storm in me. Not because of who I am, But because of what You've done. Not because of what I've done, But because of who You are. I am a flower quickly fading, Here today and gone tomorrow, A wave tossed in the ocean, A vapor in the wind. Still You hear me when I'm calling, Lord, You catch me when I'm falling, And You've told me who I am. I am Yours. Not because of who I am, But because of what You've done. Not because of what I've done, But because of who You are. I am a flower quickly fading, Here today and gone tomorrow, A wave tossed in the ocean, A vapor in the wind. Still You hear me when I'm calling, Lord, You catch me when I'm falling, And You've told me who I am. I am Yours. I am Yours. I am Yours. Whom shall I fear Whom shall I fear I am Yours.. I am Yours..." Casting Crowns

************
Will you try to JOIN me in this series as
WE are ESTABLISHED & ROOTED in Christ Jesus to

OUR TRUE IDENTITY IN HIM
so we can encourage one another

TO BE ALL WE CAN BE
AND BELIEVE!!!
It's time to BE FREE in Christ Jesus!



3 comments:

  1. This series sounds wonderful...what a way to start the new year! You are such a blessing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know i will be blessed by folowing this serie this year......

    Some years ago i start reading the books of neil Anderson and they so helped me to change my mind set and to learn TO WALK in freedom...
    Somewhere of 2009 i believe around summer i picked up his book again to read the steps of freedom.....
    Thanks for your beautiful blog with so much to find and learn in it....
    Blessings
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the LORD Peggy!

    Came by to say Happy New Year to you and may this year be filled all the more with GOD's beautiful blessings for your life.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy