"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 is the blog verse for here

Monday, October 25, 2010

Oaks Of Righteousness

Oaks Of Righteousness (You need to GO READ this at Journals of the Heart to understand the rest)

[photo source: sample that came with my computer]
I'm using this photo for my WORD FILLED WEDNESDAY this week!

I was hoping to SOAK and share my answer to some of the reflections shared by Brenda and Wendy for us to journal, after reading this WORD of the DAY. But since it's already evening, I will allow Papa (our Heavenly Father) to whisper the song from His heart to mine, because I know that HE IS SINGING...Be sure to click on the OAKS of RIGHTEOUSNESS and read this Word.
I completely receive the first paragraph for me about my failures. I am not a failure, though I have failed... and also because the verse Wendy closes with is my BLOG VERSE at the top of my blog from Isaiah 61; MTJ also has shared wonderfully on "failing" in My Thought filled Journey

Reflect and Journal

  1. What song is God your father singing over you? Listen and write it down.
  2. Do you listen to the voices from your past or other people? If so, what is God saying and who will you agree with?
  3. What are some of the wrong words you have agreed with in the past and have a tendency to focus on whenever something goes wrong or you make a mistake.                                       For instance, if your parents or someone who was supposed to care about your wellbeing spoke words of accusation every time you made a mistake…those words can come into play for the rest of your life each and every time you make a mistake. Those accusatory words were not from God. It is time to renounce them as lies and receive God’s truth. In the process be sure and forgive those who came against or demeaned you in any way. Forgiveness is the key to blessing.
  4. Do you agree with Father God that you are fearfully and wonderfully made? Psalm 139         If not ask God to help you see yourself as He sees you. It is a request He loves to answer.
[photo source: sample that came with my computer]

Last week for my WORD FILLED WEDNESDAY, the focus was TREES. Today I also noticed that my dear friend Cathy from Melodies and Hymnsongs, shares a wonderful devotion TREES OF THE LORD from Psalm 104:16 (I believe it's a devotion from C. H. Spurgeon). 


Cathy, I dedicate this song to YOU!!! (since I could not get over to visit).




Isaiah 61:3

There is even a wonderful ministry
called
OAKS of RIGHTEOUSNESS
with Bible studies
based on
Isaiah 61:3
Psalm104:16
Psalm 1

 BE A DISPLAY OF HIS SPLENDOR
YOU ARE AN OAK OF HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS
PLANTED BY STREAMS OF LIVING WATER
AS YOU NOURISH YOUR ROOTS FROM HIS WORD
MEDITATE ON IT DAY AND NIGHT
YIELD FRUIT IN DUE SEASON
AND YOUR LEAVES DO NOT
WITHER
NOR
WILL
YOU
FALL
OR BE
BLOWN
BY THE
WIND
LIKE
CHAFF
AS
YOU
STAND
AND
ARE
FIRMLY
PLANTED
TREES OF THE LORD ARE WELL WATERED


*I may come back at some time and write my reflections from my journal or from what I hear God sing over me.

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm....I just wrote something about the voices, events and thoughts from my past....before I read your post!!

    Well, my answer to question #1:

    This morning, I am hearing the song sang most often from my childhood--"Jesus Loves Me"--yes, this I know!!

    And question #2--unfortunately, I do allow these thoughts to come into my mind--lie-based thinking.

    But, I'm a work in progress (as we all are), and I'm in the process of renewing my mind.....replacing these lies with the truth of God.

    He knows me best...all of me...and He loves me still...

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so very, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy, firstly, I love the way you did the Isaiah scripture like a tree!! That is so gorgeous!

    Agreeing with those wrong words from the past, is making a covenant with a lie. I learned that one the hard way, and still learning how to break covenant with the lies and agree with the Truth. It is not always easy because the nature of deception is such that you don't realise you are under it! I praise God that He is Truth and He promises to lead us into all Truth.

    Loved this post darling... and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my sweet friend, you are so precious. Thank you. I loved that. Also my song "The Righteous" goes with this I think.
    http://wordsongcollections.blogspot.com/2010/08/righteous.html

    Love and Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why that link did not work. The song is on my Wordsong Collections website, probably under the "Scripture" Label.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT WORKS CATHY!!! THANKS, IT'S LOVELY
    and you sing...WOO HOO...it's high!

    THE RIGHTEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Peggy, and I am NOT a soprano. I just like high notes I think! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a pretty song Peggy! I'll be praying for this week!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

To my faithful visitors

Thanks for your visit! I so appreciate you!

Love & Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

Peggy