"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

SOAKING ON SONDAY (S.O.S.)

It's PENTECOST Sunday!
(I think)

Pentecost Sunday, which marks the end of the Easter season in the Christian calendar, celebrates the descent of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles. Pentecost 2011 falls 50 days after Easter 2011. The Acts of the Apostles recounts the story of the original Pentecost as well (Acts 2). Jews from all over were gathered in Jerusalem to celebrate the Jewish feast. On that Sunday, ten days after our Lord's Ascension the Apostles and the Blessed Virgin Mary were gathered in the Upper Room, where they had seen Christ after His Resurrection.

Acts 2: 2-4

FRESH FIRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id9gzpP6fP8
DON MOEN

I LOVE this IMAGE and the WORDS INSCRIBED

Refine us, O Lord

THE REFINER'S FIRE      

Malachi 3:3

"There was a group of women in a Bible study on the book of Malachi. As they were studying chapter three they came across verse three which says, "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver." This verse puzzled the women and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.

One of the women offered to find out about the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible study. That week the woman called up a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest in silver beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver. As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that, in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest so as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot - then she thought again about the verse, that He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver. She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined. The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. For if the silver was left even a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, "How do you know when the silver is fully refined?" He smiled at her and answered, "Oh, that's the easy part -- when I see my image reflected in it."


O Lord, grant us the grace and strength to go through this refining process. I know it will be painful and uncomfortable, but help each of us to see You even in the midst of the pain and discomfort. And when all is over, may we reflect Your glory! Refine us, O Lord,  and help us be willing vessels to be refined by You and when You are done, may Your image be reflected!  



JOIN US
by
  sharing a 
scene, song or scripture  
(or any combination)
 just keep it simple! 

EnJOY
(click here for a better understanding)






* if you don't see the Linky, please just add your title or link in the comments. The first 3 entries are all BLOGS from me (2 team blogs and my other personal blog). You need not visit them all but we all are celebrating the HOLY SPIRIT and HIS POWER and FILLING US with song and prayer for this occasion. I just can't get enough of that Holy Spirit fire... WOO HOO! 0uch


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I liked the story about the silversmith. It is through the Holy Spirit that we are closest to God.

    I am not ready to get back to blogging but will be reading posts.
    My husband's blood pressure was really low yesterday and this morning. I tried to get the doctor on call but he has not returned my call. The blood pressure medicine that the house doctor put him on (rather than what his surgeon prescribed) has brought it down but it is way to low so I'm not letting him take it today until I can talk with someone. He feels good usually in the mornings but not in the evenings. I know it will take time for the surgery sites to heal. He has never had surgery like this which is similar in some aspects as the surgeries I've had.
    Please keep praying for him.
    Love, peace and prayers.
    AE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful heart sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy,

    I am so uplifted by this post. Oh, the refining process is so difficult sometimes. The fire is hot - and melting away selfishness and pride and all my other sins is very painful.

    But...to reflect my Lord?? PRICELESS!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy