"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

FRIDAY FEATURE ~ FAITH FOCUS



Today's Friday Feature, as I FOCUS my FAITH with claiming a Promise from 365promises  (which was part of Day 1 of GIVING THANKS) and FEARLESSLY pray with others. 

 I just had to brighten your day with a little short song that gave me some JOY:

This week's Promises  are from:

 Isaiah 30:18Isaiah 44:32 Thessalonians 2:16-17Psalm 37:4Matthew 7:7
2 Chronicles 16:9Nahum 1:7

Don't you just LOVE every one!
Hard choices for me once again.
Many I love the photos, many I love the scripture verse!
But most of all I'm thankful and love the Promises of God!

#317 NOV 13 "I wait for opportunities to show you My compassion."
Isaiah 30:18
#318 NOV 14 "I will shower My Spirit and My blessings on your offspring." Isaiah 44:3
#319 NOV 15 "I will comfort you with My everlasting encouragement. 
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
#320 NOV 16 "Delight in Me and I will give you the longings of your heart." Psalm 37:4
#321 NOV 17 "Just ask and you will receive."
Matthew 7:7
#322 NOV 18 "I look throughout the earth to strengthen those who belong to me." 2 Chronicles 16:9
#323 NOV 19 "I will be your safe place in difficult times." 
Nahum 1:7

So first my collage of photos. Then I'll narrow it down to what I need to hold on to this week! I selfishly choose one for me and another unselfishly for others, that weigh heavily upon my heart. But my final choice is the one I need this week or this weekend... (can you tell I like scenes and blue mostly?)


But here is my FINAL CHOICE from these:
#322 [source for all photos]
(and it's not because I miss the Minnesota winter)

Prayer from the Promises:

Heavenly Father, I'm so grateful that You wait for opportunities to show me Your compassion, although You have already done that even before I existed through Your precious Son Jesus! Yet I gladly receive every demonstration of compassion that You pour out on me, my family and my friends every day. I look for them and I clearly see ever so many. Of course, I have also seen the opposite, where I wonder where is Your compassion? But who am I to ask or question You, with all of Your magnificence and power, I just think You would or could end the many injustices we humans have caused. (sigh) I thank You for showering Your Spirit and Your blessings on our offspring, whether from birth or the born in the heart, they are Yours first and You have entrusted us with their care and hopefully they remember their salvation is found in You alone. I am so blessed with the many times that Your comfort brings Your everlasting encouragement within me and for me. For when I ask, I will receive according to Your perfect will and timing. Hard to trust that some times but I will because You delight in me and I know this full well and You promise to give me the longings of my heart. And You know these full well!!! Thank You! You are my safe place in difficult times.May I always run to You first, My Refuge, My Fortress, My Safe Place! Now as You look throughout the earth to all those who belong to You and You see me... strengthen me, bring me Your strength in my weakness or weariness and know that I truly realize that as and when I am weak, You are strong and You accomplish so much more when I surrender and allow You to flow through me... so flow from me like the water above and bring Your Living Water to others in JESUS NAME... and this is just a tip of the 'iceberg' of my prayers this day...

NOW finally:
It's your turn to choose one of this week's Promises of God *from the choices above; share here in the comments or blog about it and add your link  here in the comments (usually I do a LINKY but not for these last two months of the year, sorry).

Focus your Faith on your chosen verse (and share however you would like to feature your Promise if you blog about this). 

Don't forget to leave your GUESS from the video in my GIVING THANKS post too?

7 comments:

  1. Amen! I LOVED your prayer!

    I am claiming promise #318...

    "For I will pour water on the thirsty land,and streams on the dry ground;
    I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,and my blessing on your descendants."


    Yes, Lord, pour out your Spirit on my children...bless them to the fullest...so they keep their eyes upon You...and follow the paths You have chosen for them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN Amen....

    Choose 2 Chronicles 16. 9.. Promise 322.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose #318 also, Isaiah 44:3 and used it as my thanksgiving for today.

    Loved the song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! My kids used to love this kids praise and worship album, and my grandkids and I have enjoyed several of the songs from it as well. Thanks for your reminder of my sweet family memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to your beautiful prayer. Those verses are so lovely in your illustrations. I love the one about God showering His spirit and blessings on our offspring. You are a blessing, dear friend. Love and Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these were just great promises. But, my mom's favorite verse has always been Psalms 37:4, so I will pick that one in her honor.

    I used to always think that somehow I wasn't delighting myself in the Lord enough, because I sure wasn't getting all the desires of my heart. However, with some life experience, some spiritual maturity, and some Godly insight under my belt - I came to realize that when we delight in the Lord, He CHANGES our desires. We begin to *line up* with His will.

    THAT is a wonderful promise indeed.

    GOD BLESS!

    (Beautiful prayer, by the way...)

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy