"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

GIVING THANKS CHALLENGES start TODAY ~ DAY 1

... in various places in BLOG LAND, but I no longer will be hosting a Link up so please see my original post HERE if you are looking to join in GIVING THANKS (or just see MY tab page above)!

FROM MY PLACE IN MN...
GIVING THANKS 2011


           
Once again this year, mine will be different, than doing a post or a list. I will have a different Song of THANKS every day and 'one' or more extra(the 'one' is a different version and singer).

I give thanks daily to God through and for MUSIC. I love the arts: music, art, poetry, dance, etc. and having not developed this part of me earlier in my life or in school, I enjoy every chance I can to express myself this way or learn more. I have not yet decided if I will give the link to You Tube or a post here with the video. But whatever I end up doing, I'd like you to guess at least one of the things in the song that you think I am GIVING THANKS for...(because many have more than one). Just put the number # and what you think it is in the comments. See how many you can get right out of the 30+. Maybe you would also like to share with me and God, for what you are thankful from the video song as well. When Nov. is over I will share the playlist where I have the collection of these songs over at my You Tube (YT) Channel and my responses here instead of the video link.

So this is my main THANKS GIVING post,but I hope you noticed that I have a PAGE also to keep it all together, GIVING THANKS in everything through music and God's Word ...

Lord, I am so thankful for...



#1. YOUR LOVE LETTERS to me (us), YOUR PROMISES in the BIBLE... all 365+  all 66 inspired books: YOUR WORD. (OK, I gave you this one to start you out) 

Video was removed from here but you can find it below in God's Promises Pt V

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
John 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made." Thank You, Lord!


Clues to guess MY THANKFULNESS by watching these videos:

2. INDESCRIBABLE  and WFW
5. Matt Maher video
6. GIVING THANKS (no guesses for Sunday)
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.

TO MY PLACE IN MX...  
I'm GIVING THANKS 
in & for both places, 
but my home is not in (n)either...

Sometimes, in a Giving Thanks Challenge, we think to start out with the most important first, but what comes to our mind and hearts, is the most important.

This is not a challenge of your TOP 30 (tho' it may be)... Mine are not. You may think, 'well, in order for you to have a song for each day, you had to...' but I just gathered the songs as I went along and will gather songs that strike a chord in me of thankfulness and then choose the one for that day from them. 

This is a challenge to find one thing in every day, simple to complex, that you can gratefully say to God... "THANK YOU". I encourage you to get beyond the MOST wonderful "thanks" and tell God about what this day holds for you and fills you with thanks and with a month of practice, it will become a habit.

"Notice the details and the daily stuff that too often we tend to forget!
Look for God in everything, in every day, in every way
HE has not failed us yet!"
~me 2011~


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, and a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow" 
~ Melodie Beattie ~

Now isn't that a great quote from Melodie... I love it! This speaks to my heart.

There is so much power in GRATITUDE!
May I encourage you to use it wisely, kindly and often.
Start your day with God, 
then others throughout your day, 
then back to God again at night. 
Be an example for those around you.
GIVE/SAY THANKS!


EnJOY a Grateful November 
and
Happy Thanksgiving!



I'm concerned if I only leave a link to a video that you won't follow that LINK and miss out not only on my GRATITUDE but also on a wonderful video. I hope that's not true... but I count on everyone of you as a BIG BLESSING from God! If you were in a foreign country, without anyone, you'd understand completely. If I post each video, it will slow down on the blog opening... so... I've decided that I will post the current video for the day and then LINK to it afterwards and move this blog forward! Removing the previous video. LINKS are in BLUE as in YOUR PROMISES in #1. When I remove the video, I will replace it with a TURKEY calendar GIVING THANKS!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot to take in. I think #310 is your 1st Thankful. I will check out the others who are doing this and decide what to do. I may just do a list like you have started.

    Both your homes are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your earthly homes are lovely...but, oh my, that heavenly home...reminds me of an old song in the red back hymnal...the 2nd verse says:

    "That heavenly home,
    has mansions of light,
    no storm clouds will rise,
    no shadows of night,
    no sorrow no pain,
    all sin will be gone,
    we'll live with the Lord,
    while ages roll on.."


    I LOVE the arts, too...and isn't it wonderful that the Lord speaks to us through all these different mediums?

    If you are asking us to guess and then choose something from the video in this post...it would be the last one - #334...just because I think that's what you would choose...and because I need that scripture promise tonight as I am called to stand on a promise the Lord gave me 3 years ago concerning one of my children...

    You will never know how much I needed to watch this video tonight...

    I love you, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy