"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 11 and FRIDAY FEATURE FAITH FOCUS

Lord, I am so thankful ...
it's 11-11-11
GLOBAL DAY OF WORSHIP
A NEW DAY
and for



                       GIVING THANKS 2011
Once again this year, mine will be different, rather than doing a post or a list, I will have a different Song of THANKS every day [and 'one' or more extra (the 'one' is a different version and singer)].

I give thanks daily to God through and for MUSIC. I love the arts: music, art, poetry, dance, etc. and having not developed this part of me earlier in my life or in school, I enjoy every chance I can to express myself this way or learn more.

See my GIVING THANKS PAGE above for more details.



Lord, I give You thanks today for ...

#1. YOUR LOVE LETTERS to me (us), YOUR PROMISES in the BIBLE... all 365+  all 66 inspired books of the Bible: HIS WORD. (OK, now I gave you this one to start you out)


Clues to my thankfulness are found in these videos:
#2.  My WFW and Laura Story video (featured on Nov 2nd)
#3. John Michael Talbot video (featured on Nov.  3rd)
#4. PRAYER video (featured Nov. 4th)
#5. Matt Maher video
#6. Don Moen (didn't count for a guess) General GIVING THANKS

TODAY'S (featured above)

... (and the list will go on and on throughout November...GIVING THANKS!)
When Nov. is over I will share the playlist where I have the collection of these songs over at my You Tube (YT) Channel and my responses here instead of just the video link. 

I have chosen for my GT to be interactive so now it's your turn. After viewing the You Tube video today, 

What do you think I'm thankful for today? 

Just leave your guess in the comments, #... I think it's.... 



Today is also when my Friday Feature is  to FOCUS my FAITH with claiming a Promise from 365promises (dot) com (which was part of Day 1 of GIVING THANKS). This week's Promises  are from 1 Peter 2:24; Hebrews 10:22; 1 Corinthians 13:4-5; Psalm 27:1; Romans 8:15; Hebrews 4:16; Psalm 34:8

#310 NOV 6 "Jesus bore your sins on the cross so you would be healed."
#311 NOV 7 "Draw near to Me and I will cleanse you from an evil conscience."
#312 NOV 8 "My love is patient and kind, and does not keep track of wrongs. 
#313 NOV 9 "I am your light and your salvation, the strength of your life.
#314 NOV 10 "I have given you the Spirit of adoption so you can call Me Father." 
#315 NOV 11 "Come boldly to My throne when you need to find mercy and grace." 
#316 NOV 12 "Taste and you will see that I am a good God."

You can see them all here or at the official site with a daily devotion and these beautiful photos. 

My choice is between #315 (Fri.'s) and #313 (and I have to admit sometimes the photos influence me in my choices, but I'm really trying to FOCUS on my Father's Words to me(us):


For HE IS MY LIGHT and MY SALVATION! HE IS the STRENGTH of my life.

And ohhh how I have needed HIS STRENGTH in the last month and this week. I must admit that I will rely on HIS STRENGTH from now until CHRISTmas. And each day after, I will remember that
"when I am weak, He is strong." He will make a way and part the waters. With this reassurance,
"I can COME BOLDLY to HIS THRONE when I need to find mercy and grace." That's every day!
Yet I set aside Friday to join with others and for the many needs, to PRAY so you won't see me.

I have learned that it is because of His aMazing Grace... and only by His Grace that I have made it this far as I look through the MAZES and MESSES of my life, that leave me at His feet and the Cross, seeking His MIRACLES to change my life and the lives for which I pray. It's like this powerful waterfall in the photo... it's quite the CLIMB, but I am seeking MORE OF HIM. That's worth every climb. [Now, don't you love these photos! They are gorgeous to me! Just like ABBA] 

NOW:
It's your turn to choose one of this week's Promises of God from the choices above; share here in the comments or blog about it and add your link  here in the comments (usually I do a LINKY but not for these last two months of the year, sorry).

Focus your Faith on your chosen verse and share however you would like to feature your Promise. 

Don't forget to leave your GUESS from the video or what you're THANKFUL for today?

5 comments:

  1. His strength carries me daily. I love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what great pictures of the wonders of God's creations! Hard to pick just one that you would be giving thanks for today...but for me, the rainbow over the waterfall pictures are always favorites...

    I am claiming promise #310...so many of my family and friends need healing...both physically and spiritually...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose the same one Karen did
    #310.

    I think you are giving thanks that it is well with your soul because of the Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I choose promise 313 also.
    This vers stirrs me always up as it is my confirmation vers i got in march 1989!
    I think you are thankful that the lord gave His life for us and has carried our burdens for us.......

    Have an great and blessed weekend Peggy

    My FF is here http://myjourney-godsown.blogspot.com/2011/11/faithweek-promises-fearless-friday11-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, such a beautiful creation. God has made a spectacular world - even in its flawed condition, it is a thing of wonder. There are few places that speak to me more about the glory of God than snow-covered mountaintops. This is where I feel closest to Him, up in the high altitude of clear skies and crisp, cool breezes.

    My favorite promise this week is:

    #313 NOV 9 "I am your light and your salvation, the strength of your life.

    It sums up what I cherish most - God's wise and guiding Light in my life, the Strength that upholds me and keeps my faith strong, and the hope of Salvation that promises an eternity in the Presence of God.

    Glory.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy