"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 4 and FRIDAY FEATURE ~ FAITH FOCUS

Lord, I am so thankful for ...
#4


glitter-graphics.com

Today is my day set aside for PRAYER and MINISTRY besides Tuesday Women's Bible Study.

I also generally FOCUS my FAITH on FRIDAY with claiming a Promise from 365promises (dot) com (which was part of Day 1 of GIVING THANKS). This week has some beautiful Promises: you can see them all here or at the official site with a daily devotion. The scripture promises are these: Psalm 145:9Psalm 36:5Deuteronomy 7:6;Psalm 139:1-3Romans 8:2 for this week. I have chosen this one for my FAITH FOCUS for this FRIDAY FEATURE: 

... which was Monday's Promise #304 James 1:12 
(Sunday's was Hebrews 12:28) 
I did not include those above because they were part of October's Promises.
Sorry :0(

                          GIVING THANKS 2011
Once again this year, mine will be different, than doing a post or a list. I will have a different Song of THANKS every day and 'one' or more extra(the 'one' is a different version and singer).

I give thanks daily to God through and for MUSIC. I love the arts: music, art, poetry, dance, etc. and having not developed this part of me earlier in my life or in school, I enjoy every chance I can to express myself this way or learn more. 

See my GIVING THANKS PAGE above for more details.



Lord, I give You thanks today for ... (#4) video above

#1. YOUR LOVE LETTERS to me (us), YOUR PROMISES in the BIBLE... all 365+  all 66 inspired books of the Bible: HIS WORD. (OK, I gave you this one to start you out)

Clues to my thankfulness are found in these videos:
#2.  My WFW and Laura Story video (featured on Nov 2nd)
#3. John Michael Talbot video (featured on Nov.  3rd)

... (and the list will go on and on throughout November... GIVING THANKS!)

And the list goes on and on.... to be continued...
******************************************
THIS IS A DOUBLE RESPONSE COMMENT:
1) What do you think I'm thankful for today? 
Just leave your guess in the comments, #4... "I think it's....
... and then;  If you'd like you can participate in Friday Feature ~ Faith Focus too... 
2) It's your turn to choose one of this week's Promises of God from the choices above; share here in the comments or blog about it and add your link  here in the comments. (usually I do a LINKY)

Focus your Faith on your chosen verse and share however you would like to feature the Promise. 


This is my prayer for FAITH FOCUS not GIVING THANKS:

Lord, Today I am thankful for the trials in my life. I wish that there were less, but I realize that You use these to prune me and help me grow or change. I'm even more thankful for Your promise of a crown of life. I look forward with hope for this day. I love You Lord! And I'm so thankful that You love me. Whatever trial, we may be facing Lord, You are there and we can lean on You. Forgive us when we don't, when we complain, or when we go astray, or do it our own way. Lead us back to You and keep us on the straight and narrow. Protect us from all harm and continue to bless us and our families. We give You thanks, praise and Love You completely! All glory, belongs to You, when we come through the storms, those trials change us and we can claim our Victory in You and because of You! Wrap us in Your loving arms and hold us this day with Your peace, comfort and strength...

I make the Prayer in the video my prayer (although it is not, I wish it was) 
Heavenly Father, Thank You for my life on this earth, however challenging or not ... 




4 comments:

  1. I chose Deut. 7:6, yesterday's Promise. He chose me to be one of His possessions (treasures). To me that is so awesome.

    I think you are thankful for God's Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your prayer, Peggy...and the video was beautiful! I think you are thankful for the life God has given you...

    I choose Psalm 139:1-3...to know that He knows everything...and still loves me...and that I don't even have to say a word when I need to talk to Him...he just knows...no pretending or holding back for fear of what He will think of me...it thrills my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful prayer, Peggy and the video is lovely.

    I'm sorry I'm just getting around to visiting you...it's been a busy week. Thank you for letting others know about 30 Days of Thanksgiving. We truly have so much for which to be thankful.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. My promise would have to be Psalm 139:1-3.

    There are few things in life more comforting to me than knowing that I am completely KNOWN by a loving God. That NO MATTER where I am or what I'm doing, He is there.

    So many people might be upset by the thought that God knows everything about them. They might feel "penned in" by what they interpret as God's restrictive or confining ways.

    NOT ME!!

    I love being corralled by His love!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy