"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

GIVING THANKS PAGE

THANKS GOD!!! Thanks for EVERYTHING; the good, the bad and even the ugly, but mostly You!
http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/

I keep coming across more and more of these challenges. Today this one struck me and I wanted to share LIVING THANKFUL with Leah.

You can link up with any of these places and I know there are other blogs GIVING THANKS to GOD too. Why not join others in thanking God every day in November? or every Thursday or Monday all year long. Every day, we can find one thing to thank God for... let's really try...


GIVING THANKS 
2011


Once again this year, mine will be different, than doing a post or a list. I will have a different Song of THANKS every day and 'one' or more extra along the way (the 'one' is a different version and singer).


I give thanks daily to God through and for MUSIC. I love the arts: music, art, poetry, dance, etc. and having not developed this part of me earlier in my life or in school, I enjoy every chance I can to express myself this way or learn more. 


I'd like you to guess at least one of the things, in the song that you think I am GIVING THANKS for... (because many have more than one) and in the comments of the post, just put the number# and what you think it is. See how many you can get right out of the 30+. Maybe you would also like to share with me and God, for what you are thankful from the video song as well. 


When Nov. is over I will share the playlist where I have the collection of these songs over at my You Tube (YT) Channel and my responses here instead of the video link(s).
So this is my main THANKS GIVING Page to keep it all together, but I hope you noticed that I do have POSTS also GIVING THANKS in everything through music and God's Word ...

[Adding a verse here & song over here or there, each day in November] 
IN EVERY SEASON
GIVING THANKS to GOD 
through His Word & a song in my heart

Romans 1:8
"First, I thank my God 

through Jesus Christ for all of you, 
because your faith is proclaimed in all the world."

2 Corinthians 9:15 (ESV)
"Thanks be to God for His inexpressible gift"

Ephesians 5:20 (ESV)
"Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father 
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)
 "...give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

Colossians 3:15 (NIV)
"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, 
to which indeed you were called in one body. 
And be thankful."

Colossians 3:16
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, 
teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, 
singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, 
with thankfulness in your hearts to God."

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 4:2 
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.


PSALMS has many songs of GIVING THANKS 
(I have 54 on my search  list) 

Psalm 7:17;Psalm 9:1; Psalm 26:7; Psalm 28:7;
Psalm 30:4; Psalm 30:12; Psalm 33:2; Psalm 35:18;
Psalm 44:8; Psalm 50:14; Psalm 50:23; Psalm 52:9;
Psalm 54:6; Psalm 56:12; Psalm 57:9; Psalm 69:30;
Psalm 75:1; Psalm 79:13; Psalm 86:12; Psalm 92:1;
Psalm 95:2; Psalm 97:12;
Psalm 100:1;Psalm 100:4; Psalm 105:1; Psalm 106:1; Psalm 106:47;
Psalm 107:1; Psalm 107:8; Psalm 107:15; Psalm 107:21; Psalm 107:22; Psalm 107:31; Psalm 108:3; Psalm 109:30; Psalm 111:1; Psalm 116:17;
Psalm 118:1; Psalm 118:19; Psalm 118:21; Psalm 118:28; Psalm 118:29; Psalm 122:4; Psalm 136:1; Psalm 136:2; Psalm 136:3; Psalm 136:26;
Psalm 138:1; Psalm 138:2;Psalm 138:4; Psalm 140:13; Psalm 142:7; Psalm 145:10;Psalm 147:7

Psalm 7:17 (NIV)
I will give to the LORD the thanks due to His righteousness, 
and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD, 
the Most High.

Psalm 9:1 (NIV) 
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; 
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.

Psalm 28:7 (NIV)
The LORD is my strength and my shield; 
in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped; 
my heart exults, and with my song 
I give thanks to Him.

Psalm 79:13  (NIV)
But we Your people, the sheep of Your pasture, 
will give thanks to You forever; 
from generation to generation 
we will recount your praise.

Psalm 95:2 (NIV)
Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving; 
let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise!

Psalm 75:1 (NIV)
We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks, 
for Your name is near. 
We recount Your wondrous deeds.

Psalm 118:29, 1 Chronicles 16:34; Psalm 107:1; 
Psalm 136
Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, 
for His steadfast love endures forever!
[REPEATED OFTEN in OT & PSALMS]
November 2011 - Thanksgiving
Nov. 5 SOS ~ MIGHTY RIVER and GIVING THANKS DAY 5
Nov. 6 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 6
Nov.7 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 7
Nov. 8 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 8
Nov. 9 WFW & GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 9
Nov. 10 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 10
Nov.11 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 11 
and FRIDAY FEATURE FAITH FOCUS...
Nov.12 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 12
Nov. 13 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 13
Nov. 14 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 14
Nov. 15 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 15
Nov. 16 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 16
Nov. 17 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 17
Nov. 18 GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 18
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 19
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 20
GIVING THANKS ~ Day 21
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 22
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 23
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 24
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 25
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 26
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 27
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 28
GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 29

THE MOST IMPORTANT

GIVING THANKS ~ DAY 30

because it has the compilation of all of them
plus my responses as follows


Lord, I give You thanks for ...

#1. YOUR LOVE LETTERS to me (us), YOUR PROMISES in the BIBLE... all 365+  all 66 inspired books of the Bible: HIS WORD. (OK, now I gave you this one to start you out)

Clues to my thankfulness are found in these videos:
#2.  My WFW and Laura Story video (featured on Nov 2nd)
#3. John Michael Talbot video (featured on Nov.  3rd)
#4. PRAYER video (featured Nov. 4th)
#5. Matt Maher video
#6. Don Moen (didn't count for a guess) General GIVING THANKS
#12. Logan Smith, Jason Crabb
#13. Hillsong
#14. Kathryn Scott
#15. Brianna Haynes
#16. HILLSONG
#17. Vineyard music
#18. VIDEO  Thank the Lord
#19. Heritage Singers
#20. Muppets
#21. PETRA
#22. Nicole Nordeman
#23. VINEYARD
#24. Hymn Medley
#25. Tears
#26. Katinas
#28. Kari Jobe 
#29. Akiane K.

Today's FEATURE above
#30. Winnie the Pooh

... (and the list will go on and on ...GIVING THANKS but no more videos from me expressing the many things I am thankful for to God through music.)

Since today is the last day of Nov. I promised to share the entire playlist where I have the collection of these songs over at my You Tube (YT) Channel (which has more than 30) and my responses here instead of just the video link. 



I must admit many of your responses were/are better than what I was thinking. Each of the video songs had many different possibilities and many had quite a few included in one song. This is why I thought the song does so much better at expressing the gratitude in my heart. My answers are quite simple in comparison to yours. 

I am thankful for each of the artists/composers, musicians, video You Tubers that share their gift of GIVING THANKS! It is all that you guessed and so much more... 
FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT
Daily Blessings in my life thru song:

I am so thankful for...
1. GOD's PROMISES in HIS WORD, the BIBLE! His LOVE LETTERS to us... 

2. an indescribable, aMazing God, as Creator of such beautiful creations all around

3. the sunrise and birds this morning as I walked around the park at 6am, thinking of how my brother liked John Michael Talbot, as I was listening to this song, I saw the sun come up and I recalled my sweet brother and his art and I saw divine beauty in all of God's Creation... and the words that JMT shares about those who cannot see or believe after witnessing all of God's glory...

4. for my life on this earth... as I am able to gaze on the beauty of the ocean or the skies... since I'm thinking of my brother, Oksana's choice of art just touched me vividly... every word of this video's prayer was as if it came from my own heart... 

"Heavenly Father, Thank You for my life on this earth, however challenging or not... Thank You for giving me free will to love and be loved, to make my own decisions, to learn from my mistakes, to laugh when I am happy, to cry when I am sad... Thank You for my family, my friends, my pets, my colleagues and for every other living creature I meet along my journey. Thank You for giving me strength to overcome adversity, to do what's right for the benefit of the greater good, to rise above negativity. Thank You for giving me hope for an end to world suffering, pain, and war... for a beginning of a world filled with light and everlasting love. Thank You! " also the instrumental piano background...

5. water, the Living Water, each cup and drop of clean water, and all 'Coming to the Water' symbolizes from baptism to being washed and cleansed to giving water to the many lives that need wells... for the ones that have been dug and the many to be done in the Name of the Lord, through Living Water and others sent to save life

6. this was a general traditional, important song of thanks to me and I do give thanks to God for Don Moen... (sigh) the worship that he composes and music... 

7. my breath, that God breathes on me, the air I breathe... that I woke up with the blessings of a new day, my daily bread provided and my very life. Having had lung problems and breathing problems for much of my adult life, then after having that Urgent Care trip to the hospital here, just made me so much more aware of His living and breathing in me each day that I awoke. At first, I was afraid to sleep when I came home, thinking of what would happen if I did not wake... not with me, but my dogs, etc. Just makes me so thankful for every functioning part of me!

8. of course, this was His aMazing GRACE... and my blog(s), I'm surprised you missed this. So much significance in "by Grace alone" ... but this part of the song stood out for my gratitude of this aMazing Grace and song: "every soul we long to reach, every heart we hope to teach, everywhere we share His peace, is only by His grace..."  this photo is also the background photo of my MISSIONS blog and these lines capture my MISSION both here and at home... my love for Jesus' Grace

9. for His many blessings and provisions for me... and how I wish they could see: "there's a roof up above me (either here or in MN, I have a home unlike many here with cardboard or carton shacks), I've a good place to sleep (many sleep in one room, and on the floor, whether dirt or cement, on a blanket or cardboard box), there's food on my table (usually I have a good meal every day, and many here have garbage from the trash of others or beans and tortillas if they are more fortunate) and shoes on my feet (I have shoes but I use chanclas (kind of a flip flop, where many here don't even have shoes on their feet or the ones they do have are full of worn out holes or too big or too small so they'd rather go without and so many parasites are transmitted this way, so I'm thankful for organizations like "Soles for Souls") You gave me Your love Lord and a fine family... (ain't nothing like God's love and His family, yet many here have many family members living altogether but are still not aware of being blessed in God's great big family because they are walking blindly in family tradition, not God's Word)... and I could go on and one with the rest of this song 'cuz I'm not wealthy with alot of money or even wear my real clothes or new stuff, but I'm sure that you get my point on how this 2 minute song speaks of all God's blessings on me and yes, I could do this with each song...

10. God's love, God's peace, God's grace, God's joy, God's strength, God's power, God 's truth, God's mercy, ... again another one with so many listed: "I thank God for MY FAITH" stood out to me; the precious testimony of Rhema, this beautiful child singing in the legacy and memory of her mom, the gift she is and has been given being used for God; the HOPE of HEAVEN and that God has a place for us!!!
************************
11. beauty in Nature; and that I can have peace like a river; JOY; this medley of song are 3 favorites: to be able to proclaim, "it is well with my soul" and that IN GOD'S TIME (a marriage rebuilder song for me from a small group I was part of once upon a time) that God has perfect timing; that I can cast all my cares upon God

12. for the Gaithers and all associated with their southern music; good preachers and marriages that endure; all the gifted ones in these gatherings; being able to count all these blessings and enJoy this rich Christian freedom, legacy of songs and song writers with such rich voices like good quartet music; sharing testimonies

13. for God's kindness, mercy, but mostly the Cross and the price He paid for my salvation

14. that I simply "belong" (this Bible verse from Romans, too) when I am rejected I can trust that I still belong to God and nothing can separate His love from me

15. Family and memories of family gatherings, which for me includes my church

16. for ALL GOD is (listed in this song)... and that I can RUN into His arms

17. surrendering to Christ as my Lord, my greatest treasure, the years of our intimate relationship, Eternity's pleasure...

18. the trials that come my way that I have grown hopefully from them and God's promptings and care in the midst of them to get me through to the other side.

19. the Lighthouse! Again this was for our blog of PRAYER, those who pray there.

20. This was for Children's Ministries that include puppets, but the Muppets, too! Children's music, great entertainment of FUN; I enjoy Agapeland and kid's music.

21. Petra means "ROCK" so I'm thankful for My Rock, but also that my heart is soft not like a rock yet I can't be moved as easily either like a rock.I'm solid in my faith. I pray that others with hardened hearts are broken to the tenderness of a thankful heart. I used many of the songs from Petra when I taught Spanish. So teaching too!

22. the seasons: fall, summer, winter, spring and the ones are lives go through

23. the Holy Spirit and being filled with His Spirit; constantly being filled, refilled

24. THANKSGIVING feasts that I recall from my past gathering with family and most assuredly all the HYMNS that are part of our heritage.

25. tears, and as one of you wrote that God holds them, catches them in a bottle; that this is a language that God understands and I have cried so many ... enough to fill one of those MN lakes or at least the pond near my home.

26. FAITHFULNESS of God and His LOVE that I need to learn; WORSHIP

27. SISTERS... the composer and/or singers are nuns from an 'order of peace' and of course, 'I am so blessed' but this represents much from my life... 

28. DANCE and Kari Jobe; I love to seek the Lord in English and Spanish with her

29. ART

30. yes, it was FRIENDS, but really I was giving thanks for Children's authors of classics like "Winnie the Pooh"... and I'm thankful for authors of good children's literature/books and Winnie the Pooh, just represents so much for me... thanks A. A. Milne and thank You God for characters like Eeyore, Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin, Piglet, Kanga and Roo, Owl, Rabbit, and the minds that create these good characters from my childhood... 

You have one more to guess from today and I will fill this list in for you to see soon hopefully. OK? 

What do you think I'm thankful for today? 

Tomorrow starts my new DECEMBER series but only tomorrow's will be posted here and the final one. I have some other great blessings to share in December here...Hope you'll be around.

GIVING THANKS TO GOD for many of you, who took the time to visit me throughout this month and year (and some of you since I began or for many years). There are still more songs on my playlist to tell you what you mean to me.  I can't express how important your friendship and sisterhood in Christ means to me being away from my home church family and loved ones.

THANK YOU LORD
THANK YOU FRIENDS
THANK YOU
SISTERS
IN
C
H
R
S
T


Thanks for participating! There should be a prize for the one with the most correct but all I have to offer is...

My YouTube...
NOVEMBER SONGS GIVING THANKS playlist 

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7D75D2BD4B04C0A2

* it took me almost all afternoon to do this... I did not do this ahead of time but knew when I chose each song that I should have written them each down as God impressed upon my heart. So today, I had to WAIT upon Him to bring them all back... it's a pretty good list of thankfulness... don't you think?



1 comment:

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy