"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

SOAKING ON SONDAY (S.O.S.) ~ COMPLETELY

Welcome to ALL for
SOAKING On SON DAY

... where we SOAK in Our Lord through SONG, SCRIPTURE, SCENES 
(sometimes even SERMONS)

I usually choose a song with scenes or lyrics... this choice today, when I chose it, reached right into the depths of my spirit and united me with His... COMPLETEly... (once again, this is done and shared by Upward Call so beautifully done and sung by Parachute Band)

This seems to be just the right song for the upcoming series* I'm doing in December (starting Thurs.) where we will focus on being *COMPLETELY LOVED (SEE PRAISE & LOVED PAGE above) and loving COMPLETELY, since we are COMPLETELY HIS (if you've surrendered to Him as Lord and if not, it'd be my privilege to pray for you and with you). If you scroll way down to almost the end of the page/blog, you will see a GIFT and the question "Do you know Jesus?" just follow along with your cursor and click the links that are shown to get started with a new life. (images of the two books mentioned in red)

Completely His: Loving Jesus Without Limits

Let's turn our hearts upon Jesus and BE COMPLETELY HIS for 2011's CHRISTmas, He IS the BEST GIFT!!! 

November 27th (today) (Sun.) is the start of Advent, and maybe that's not a tradition or something you do in your home, but for some reason each year, I want the tradition in my life of preparing my heart for this season. Perhaps this is because I'm not home in the USA with all the demands of preparing a home and family to celebrate Christmas. Yet I also think, it is the season I am in, in my own life wanting to be prepared for Christ's return COMPLETELY HIS

I so enJOY lighting a candle, as a symbol of Christ's LIGHT in the darkness of this world ~ a symbol of who and what I should be to others in this broken and hurting world, reminding me of the growing, glowing light of Christ's presence in me. Each week the advent candles represent some very basic and much needed themes to our faith:hope, love, JOY and peace. I've been searching for the BEST advent plan for me... (image is of the advent candles as banners, I LOVE BANNERS)
Most of you are probably familiar with the beautiful one of Anne Voskamp, of a Holy Experience and the wooden wreath her son designed (and I think sells), that she has freely made a beautiful devotional available in the past as a download to her readers in GR or followers... "A Jesus Advent Celebration". It's a wonderful way to prepare through this season with a Jesse Tree... I did this with my artificial tree and hung the ornaments and verses. I love it! (image of Ann's wooden wreath)
However,  since we have SOS on SONday (see note below in red)... I may be posting my final selection or weekly reflections during Advent ... an evergreen wreath in a circular shape symbolizing everlasting life and growth , a circle which has no beginning or no end for eternity.This is what I am preparing my heart for this season, the 3rd of Jesus' comings: the 1st has happened His incarnation, the 2nd one also has and is happening ... in my life now, Jesus comes to me, and the  the 3rd, our future when Jesus comes in glory! Hallelujah!
Philippians 3:8

I WILL NOT BE HOSTING SOS DURING DECEMBER after the 1st one on Dec.3rd I already had ready! So just ONE MORE SOS for 2011. 

I have a devotional planned for every day that I'm doing at a different blog and a very special CHRISTmas surprise HERE, starting on December 18th until December 25th. Then who knows what? since I've already done the "12 days of Christmas" (which follow Christmas, not come before). 

You certainly may continue to post SOS on your own blog. Thank you ALL so much for participating and linking up each week! Looking forward to what 2012 holds for us! But let's not rush it. Let's just SOAK ON SONday in the SON!

JOIN US
TODAY
by
  sharing 
A 
scene, song or scripture  
(or any combination)
on your blog and link to here
 just keep it simple


this posts Sat. at 6pm (then when I remember, I move it forward to SONday) to allow you to link and then rest and soak on Sonday, visiting the other blogs during the week as God permits... I hope that by now you've noticed the PAGE above for SOS, where I move the current LINKY for each week to make it easier to find quickly later in the week.


If you don't see the Linky, please just add your title or link in the comments.


* I explained more about this back HERE and of course the PAGE above. GIVING THANKS song video(s) is(are) HERE.


8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that pretty song, Peggy. Thanks for your sweet visits. You are really busy with your posts for December already planned. Love you, Dear ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post sis, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peggy -

    Thank you, dear saint of GOD, for your love, diligence and devotion to our Father.

    Your work for our Lord is deeply appreciated.

    For you:

    2 Timothy 4:8 - KJV
    Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song. The words are just so, so good. Yes, someday I will be complete in Him. Until then, may He give me the strength to complete the work He has for me to do.

    Looking forward to starting December with you!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peggy:

    I think it is very important to prepare our hearts for this Christmas season. It's so easy to become caught up in the busyness of the year that we don't stop to realize the reson we celebrate.

    Blessings.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to being complete in Him. I totally forgot about S.O.S. (please forgive me). I did do my GT. So much going on here and now everything is so quiet. I enjoyed the song you posted and just tried to soak in the words. You are such a blessing to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Peggy, Christ is our treasure, and the Advent season is an especially sweet time to seek Him, remembering His first coming and eagerly awaiting His second coming! Your blog is a blessing and I am now following it, and I invite you to follow mine, Saved by Grace
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/
    Love in Him,
    Laurie Collett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen...to know we are completely loved by Him...is a gift like no other...

    You will always amaze me in how you can organize and plan all these lessons in advance...I suppose that is one of your gifts from Him...for us...

    Love your thoughts on the evergreen wreath and the 3rd coming...

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy