"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

SOAKING ON SONDAY (S.O.S.) ~ MIGHTY FORTRESS

WELCOME to



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRQp1bUJkBE

This certainly is a beautiful version of this hymn originally written with this title by Martin Luther from Psalm 46. Here are the verses that this song shares:

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalms 46:1

Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the  sea; Psalms 46:2 

Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. Psalms 46:3 

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. Psalms 46:4 

God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. Psalms 46:5 

The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. Psalms 46:6 

The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. Psalms 46:7 

Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth. Psalms 46:8 

He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. Psalms 46:9 

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:10 

The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. Psalms 46:11  

Psalm 46:1-2 (63 kb)

Thank You Father God, You are Our Refuge! You are Our Mighty Fortress! You are my Strength for this day and every day. My very present Help in times of trouble. You are in our midst and all we need to do is call out to You! We need not fear, as we draw near, draw near to us and wrap us in Your wings, our Shelter, Your embrace, Your love... out of the depths we cry out to You, O Lord, hear our cry and attend to our needs. Help us place our feet on the Everlasting Rock and stand! Help us to be still and unshakable. For we know humbly bowing our heads in surrender to Your Lordship, You are God, the great I AM! Praise You!

JOIN US
by
  sharing 
scene, song or scripture  
(or any combination)
 just keep it simple

This posts Sat. at 6pm to allow you to link and then rest and soak on Sonday, visiting the other blogs during the week as God permits ... remember that I have SOS as a PAGE in the tabs above so you can easily access the blogs for today's post during the week! 

BE SURE to CHECK OUT Alice's SURPRISE party... or just click here and wish this very special someone a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ssshhhhhhh... it's a surprise but she has the party all set, her bd is SONday, let's make it the most memorable! We are so thankful to God for keeping her with us and saving her. That's why we are celebrating BIG TIME. I've chosen a special song I've dedicated to her at the team blog... and sent her this ecard (so why don't you send one too from Dayspring or Crosscards or your very own...) God will bless you! Spread the word about this invitation!
and many, many more

ALL OF MEXICO
is celebrating today!



* if you don't see the Linky, please just add your title or link in the comments. Also if you're too busy to comment today, I'm always happy with just a quick REACTION check to know that you passed by; they're listed after labels right here below.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Sweet Peggy:

    Joining you in songs of praise and worship for the Mighty Fortress. Soaking in the SON this Sunday and all week.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for loving me sis, you mean so very much to me. You have made my birthday special, thank you, I love you with all of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my soaking early this morning and will come back to yours early next week. My daughter may come home Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is from Peggy:

    I added Cathy: Melodies and Hymnsongs

    and

    Sharon Sharing God: Saturday Stroll
    (even though Sharon has Bible Pick 'ems, her Scripture 'stroll' for sat. fits this meme perfectly too!)

    And

    I added mine so when it goes to SOS PAGE, I am there also!

    OK? It does not matter to me if you link up to other memes or whether you mention SOS. If your blog post meets the criteria of SIMPLE SONG, SCRIPTURE, or SCENE... well, link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy,

    First of all, thank you for adding Saturday Stroll - how kind of you to do that!

    Now, I just have to say that this was a beautiful post! So full of so much good stuff. "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" is one of my all-time favorite hymns. I love how the melody is *weighty* - strong and full - and the words are just so fortifying. This new version on the video was really nice, too.

    And oh! How I loved those verses from Psalms 46 - they washed over me with strength and courage, confidence and hope.

    God will help me - and I will not be moved. Amen.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the song and the scriptures, A Mighty Fortess is our God, He is our strength and refuge, He covers us with His wings. Praise His Holy name, he certainly did that today.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy