"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WFW ~ LOVING JESUS for CHRISTMAS

"Above all, clothe yourselves with love, 
which binds us all together in perfect harmony." 
Colossians 3:14 (NLT)
"I am in them, and you are in me. So they are completely united. In this way the world knows that you have sent me and that you have loved them in the same way you have loved me." John 17:23
***

"Completely Loved" by Shannon Ethridge

"Recognizing God's Passionate Pursuit of Us"
Loving Jesus Without Limits series
A 30 day guide


I was blessed by Karen with 3 very special gifts, and "Completely Loved" was one of them. In the intro, and also in a reply from the author, Shannon Ethridge recommends us to read another book in her series "Loving Jesus Without Limits" first, "Completely His", and so I did during November. And now I want to pass these blessings on to you, I hope. 

When I received this treasure, I knew that it would make a perfect focus for the month of December, as we prepare for and celebrate the BEST GIFT EVER: Jesus Christ and His Love.

I have chosen to share this devotional daily as I did last year with "31 Days of Praise". In fact, it has many of the same aspects, focusing on His character yet this one is meant to take us to a deeper level of commitment to our Heavenly Bridegroom Jesus Christ, in a more intimate relationship. 

Shannon's devotional is set up for 30 days to guide us in reading God's Word as His Love Letter to each of us, revealing Himself to us and looking for where God is in the story, what He is doing, why, and what that means for us. Then she beautifully asks about 3 introspective questions in a section, Shannon calls "Holding His Hand". So that's what we will share in part... as we pursue through Shannon's guide and hopefully with the same passion she shares and has, a more fulfilling intimacy with Jesus Christ, filled with passion, purpose and pursuit. 

I can't think of a better way to CELEBRATE the GIFT of JESUS this Christmas. Get a copy of Shannon's book or all 5... and grow deeply, madly, and truly in love and loved by our heavenly Bridegroom: Jesus.

Let us take time each day as Christmas approaches to unwrap the LOVE that He came to give us! 

Shannon ends each day of devotion with a precious prayer and I hope that as you grow closer to Jesus, you too will overflow with the same passion in a "prayer" or love letter to Him.


Here's what Shannon has to share and the beginning of her testimony and legacy passed on by Marjorie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGAW7Zp_OQI

Beloved "Lord, it is my desire to worship You in all I say and do. I desire my life to be a life of thankful praise displayed with a kind heart toward myself and others. I choose to make the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart acceptable in Your sight regardless of situation or circumstance. I am a seeker of the Lord. I seek Him in spirit and truth. He is the one I desire above all other things. I am a child of the King of Kings and I call Him “Abba Father.” I plant good seeds of worship in my heart with the words of my mouth, with acts of kindness and a right attitude.

When I am dry and weary remind me to open my mouth and create rain through the power of exalted praise. Lord, I choose to sow worship and reap the benefits flowing from the portals of heaven. I lift all my doubts and insecurities up to heaven to be carried on the wings of praise to Your throne. I completely surrender to Your will and purpose. I have a yielded heart and refuse to live on appetizers. I choose to live on every word proceeding from Your mouth. Being loved by You creates a rest in my heart. I am not afraid or stressed. I dwell in the secret place of secure love and my heart is bowed in humble praise.

Every moment of my life is cherished by You and You are redeeming all my lost and wasted time as I enter into Your rest. Teach me to enjoy You, to enjoy life and receive the many tender mercies of Your heart. I walk in the finished work of the Cross. I am Your resting place. Amen"
~ by Brenda Craig, Journal of the Heart,
shared on the date I wrote this post...
***
God loves you
COMPLETELY

and
so do I.

Let's set aside December to show Jesus Christ
how much we
COMPLETELY LOVE HIM
and let's be
COMPLETELY HIS
for
CHRISTmas


For more

 WORD FILLED WEDNESDAY

3 comments:

  1. Peggy, this is beyond beautiful...I have never seen the video and was so touched by her spoken testimony...the rest of her books will have to go on my "to read" list...the ending prayer was perfect...and speaks forth what I feel in my heart...I am so looking forward to this December series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome story, Peggy. Thanks for sharing it. I know you will enjoy her books. Praying you will feel better. Love and Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy