"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

AN EPIPHANY ...

January 6th is the day celebrated in Mexico and other parts of the world as "Day of the 3 Kings" (I have shared this previously on my blog in other years) known as "Epiphany". Yet we are not eating "rosca de reyes"...

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the expression, "I had an epiphany" ... well, I had a late "epiphany" this week about sharing this day after it past, (I'm just a little behind since I've been sick) but because the following day (the 7th) is the birthday of 6 little puppies born in the closet of my other rental home [3 of which I still know their "where abouts" 'cuz they are mine or the result of the 2 parents I still have also) and they are now 7 or 55]. So happy birthday, Lucky, Chiquitita and Chispa! and Thanks a whole lot Toby and Chimi! ... instead we had a birthday cake. (a small one this year)

But none of this has anything to do with the actual day ... Epiphany! However this beautiful song and video do ... as we continue to celebrate the Savior of the World ...



And this link to a beautiful song by Amanda that Darlene Zschech shares --- is the reason I discovered this beautiful video and song by Hillsong 


As I reflect on the beauty of the immensity of Our Savior and God's Love, one cannot forget the arrival of Our King and indeed what an "epiphany" 2014 or any year should be when we pause (12 days after Christmas and the reason for the "Twelve Days of Christmas" song* "that My True Love gave to me ..." and Our True Love is Jesus Christ, it's time that we return to that first, true love and the gift He gave for everyone of us for every day, that we live intentionally for Him as He lives in and through us.  

I could not let this week go by without thinking of the "magi" (magos) since this is part of my blog URL and original theme of bearing "gifts", sharing "gifts", being a gift to others and sharing the gift of Jesus and as you can see from my Christmas blog design background from "The Cutest Blog on the Block" that I annually change to for this season (know as "the star of Bethlehem") ... clearly the 3 kings come to pay homage and visit to the King of kings, bringing Him their gifts. There is no greater gift than giving yourself to Jesus and He is the best GIFT you will ever receive; His Presence (presents) keeps on giving and more of God is revealed as you draw closer to Him, His Word, His Spirit as you SEEK HIM with ALL your heart and mind, with ALL of you for ALL of Him in you. 

May this EPIPHANY be the beginning of a future HOPE in the saving grace of Jesus Christ for you and yours in 2014!!! May you be filled with many moments of an "epiphany" and seeking Him first. 


* for more on each day of the song and its Christian significance or meaning, I did a series on this  

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy