"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

FAITHFUL LOST SHEEP

This January of 2014, has me in various devotionals and studies, as I'm busy with running here and there in my REAL life, getting information and completing my permission to continue living in Mexico, as I use to do every 6 months and now every year and it falls in the worse part of the year for returning to MN ... SO also goes my spiritual and emotional life ... running here and there in between these times. All of this is as a setup just to explain my sharing one of my actual "hands on" (as in a real book) devotional that I shared for the entire month of October 2013 "Revealing Jesus" that I love! 

I guess one may say that my blog post title is an oxymoron (eh, Sharon?, I learned that from you, is that right?) {cuz how can you be faithful and lost?not as clear cut as Sharon's examples} Yet, if we are honest with ourselves, many of us, who claim to be faithful, wander lost at times and appear lost to others that are lost or seeking; and most definitely, we look like lost sheep to those who believe that they got it all together ... or are ever so ready to judge or criticize us, but even with that, they join the ranks of the "lost" ... but I digress and my point is "WE ALL ARE LIKE SHEEP" and how? ... which I've read "are not the most brilliant creatures around" and that is why they (we) need a Shepherd

LUKE 15
Jan.20 "Great is Thy Faithfulness"
Lamentations 3:22-23
Jan. 21 "He Eats With Sinners"
Luke 15:1-2
Jan. 22 "The One which is Lost"
Luke 15:4
Jan. 23 "His Shoulders"
Luke 15:5
Jan.24 "Rejoice with Me"
Luke 15:6
Jan. 25 "Light a Lamp"
Luke 15:8
THE PRODIGAL STORY
Jan. 26 "The Younger Son"
Luke 15:12
Jan. 27 " A Squandered Estate'
Luke 15:13
Jan.28 "The Return Home"
Luke 15:17-19
Jan. 29 "From a Long Way Off"
Luke 15:20
Jan. 30 "The Older Brother"
Luke 15:28
Jan. 31st
A Classic Devotion by Charles Spurgeon
"BEHOLD HIM"
Luke 24:16

I can't help but see a connection to the messages for this week that seem to intertwine with the special someone, who celebrated a birthday at the beginning of this week. That actual day, the focus was "Great is Thy Faithfulness" which at first, I did not connect to either the birthday person or myself ... although I have been singing that song off and on all week. Of course, I realize God's great faithfulness, especially toward me in all of my situations, He is faithful, far more than I have been ... yet as I progressed through the week's Bible readings in Luke 15 and Darlene's devotional messages, a beautiful connecting thread became clear to me ... "for we are all sheep that have gone astray, each of us turning our own separate ways" ... 

I was prompted, no, compelled to share ... so as not to forget, that I too, without Jesus, am LOST (but found), a SINNER (freed), a PRODIGAL (returned and redeemed), etc. and How GREAT is HIS FAITHFULNESS to me!!! I have not yet arrived and as we seek and want to see others SAVED, that we are ever so aware of our fragile humanity and our need for Our Savior, Our Shepherd, and on His Shoulders, He carries us through all our pain,suffering, trials, tribulations, wanderings, ... we must remember that because we are in church or say we are Christians or believe that we are on the right path following Jesus, "we have not yet arrived" or are above anyone else that is struggling and seeking on their life journey ... we each are in a process, some ahead of others in the steps ... yet each of us like sheep are weak and vulnerable. I cannot come close to compiling all my thoughts in this one post from the impact of all of these messages REVEALING JESUS to me


My heart was overwhelmed and I had to continue reading ahead (as you can see from the dates above) as I thought about my own life as "a prodigal" and then my continuous prayers for the "birthday" one to receive Jesus Christ as the only way to God, the Father (even though there is a belief in God ... it ends there). The thread began to appear ... and if this was not already so long, I would have loved to have penned my thoughts about "sheep" and "being lost" and most importantly "remaining faithful" ... always acknowledging HOW GREAT IS GOD'S FAITHFULNESS to each of us, when our eyes, ears, minds, and hearts are finally opened to Him ... I am more than aMazed by His infinite Grace, Love and Mercy

"Thank You Lord, for seeking until You found when I was lost and far away from the safety of Your flock. Help me to see the lost in my world with the same love and urgency You showed me."~Darlene Zschech

I have never taken inventory of the immense amount of content there is in Luke 15 and all that preceded the Prodigal Story (which in itself, I could write volumes of posts on) as well on the impact) ... but for today, for this week, for this moment, I will dwell on me as one of His sheep and all the other sheep, yet to come home to Him ... but that they will, before it's too late (which is what I really wanted to write about, but with so much already written, I failed to get to that). Nonetheless, or meanwhile I will be waiting, watching, praying, and staying hopefully like this sheep ...

ON HIS SHOULDERS
that
carried me,
covered me,
and
took all of my sins
upon His shoulders
SO THAT
I would know and proclaim
Great is Thy Faithfulness

SELAH



* Images are not mine, but I do not know who to give credit to ... sorry.

"How are Christians like Sheep" (5 characteristics)


2 comments:

  1. How very beautiful this post is, Peggy. I so enjoyed every word. I have often thought of myself as the *black sheep* of my family, did some wandering a few years back. But, there is a Shepherd, a faithful Shepherd, who never stopped pursuing me - until He brought me back into the fold!

    Faithful Lost - yes, a great oxymoron, and also filled with Truth.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that post, dear Peggy. I just finished posting pictures on Pinterest to my Sheep Board. I love sheep. http://www.pinterest.com/thankfulfor/sheep/ Maybe you can see it. Those characteristics were great. And the video was so beautiful. It is late for me as usual, but I just had to read this one. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy