"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

IN HIS PRESENCE ~ 30 and GRATEFUL 2/4 GOD

Day 30
link to the devotion
Focus: Awesomeness
"Psalm 89:6-7"

[note: whenever the Day falls on Thurs. I will be combining my Grateful 2/4 God with the Name or characteristic given in this devotion for our Focusmaybe after reading Rebecca's full, short devotion, it will inspire your gratitude to join me

For more about this, go back to here and follow any of these

I'm so GRATEFUL 2 God 
for
...HE IS MORE then AWESOME...
SCRIPTURE: Psalm 89:6-7

 "For who in the skies above can compare with the Lord?
He is more awesome than all who surround Him."

PRAYER:

 O LORD God Creator of all that I marvel at in heaven and on earth, there is no one like You. You even rock the scientists and archaeologists according to Rebecca. I am in awe when I take the time to pause and gaze in the wonder of it all. It is far too much to fathom or comprehend the creativity of Your hands, the same hands that formed me and those I love. No genius comes close or compares, nor strikes me with the magnitude of all You breathed or molded into existence. You are wonderful and greatly to be praised. But first, I must thank You for You indeed are awesome!!! "Too marvelous for words ... too wonderful for comprehension ...  Majesty ..."
{much better to just sing this to You}

AWESOME!


***
How have you
experienced God's "awesomeness" this week
(or would like to or need to)

F: Focus on a Name of God or one of His attributes; Find a Verse
O: Open His Word~the Bible; allow God to reveal Himself
C: Center on HIM, Come into His Presence; Call on Him to speak
U: Understand God & His Truth in His Word; Unmask your heart to God
S: Saturate and Soak as you Share your GRATITUDE for God to God*

***

Just write on being grateful 2 God 4 who He is!
(in a prayer of gratitude)


Please tell us in the comments your response for the week to how you are grateful to God as ... the *FOCUS NAME for this week (given by me above*) like I've tried to share 

OR

do your own
FOCUS NAME
and tell us

"I'm grateful to God as my  ... because ...  or  "I'm grateful for God's  ... (quality) because ... (a Scripture would be nice if ya' got one in your head, or just come back, the blog's always here even when I'm not) or *better yet you can write out a prayer to Him right in my comments of how you are thankful for experiencing God as that Name or quality of God implies ...
***
Links to the devotions of "Daily in Your Presence" by Rebecca Barlow Jordan for this next week ...



Light of the World;   John 8:12
Empathy; Psalm 34:18
Isaiah 12:6
Daily in Your Presence - Feb. 4  Glorious Crown Isaiah 28:5
Daily in Your Presence - Feb. 5 Dependency; John 5:19
Daily in Your Presence - Feb. 6 Jesus of Nazareth; John 1:45-46
Daily in Your Presence - Feb. 7 Everlasting Father; Isaiah 9:6





* by the way when I wrote "...just sing this..." each one is linked to a song

1 comment:

  1. I suppose that when I hear the word *awesome* in describing God, I think of His creation. Just yesterday, I returned to my mountain home after being with my mom and family for an entire month. I arrived home to the glorious granite mountains, and a truly awesome starry night. But, I suppose the thing that I find THE MOST awesome about God is His intimacy.

    I continue to be blown away that the God who created the universe joins me in a one-on-one communion. Just the two of us, in total and complete love.

    I am grateful for God as my friend.

    GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy