"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

IN HIS PRESENCE~2 & GRATEFUL 2/4 GOD

For more about this, go back to here and follow any of these

I'm GRATEFUL to God 
as
BRANCH

Day 2
for now follow this link to 2013 
Focus: Branch

"A GRATEFUL RESPONSE
Lord, You are a towering branch that protects me from the sweltering heat of oppression. Hovering over me, You shelter me with the shade of Your Spirit each day. I have felt the refreshing breath of Your presence, and I am grateful for the sweetness of Your comfort. O Lord, how beautiful is Your name!"~Rebecca B. Jordan

[note: whenever the Day falls on Thurs. I will be combining this with the Name or characteristic given in this devotion for Focus]

... and this is not an easy one for today for our first one ...
maybe reading Rebecca's full, short devotion will inspire you

SCRIPTURE: Isaiah 4:2

 "... In that day the Branch of the Lord
will be beautiful and glorious. ..."

PRAYER:

Lord, How delightful it is to picture You as my Branch. I love the image that Rebecca painted in her grateful response "hovering", "towering" and "refreshing"! Thank You for the protection You give us as the Branch. Yet I see You as the Branch as the limb to which I cling to or climb to get up higher just like Zaccheus.

I'm thankful that You are with me as I climb, cling or better yet cross over closer to You. As the Branch, You bend just enough to make it easier somehow to stretch myself to the next step up. Thank You! I am grateful for how You branch my way to Our Father, making it possible to swing a little higher, a little closer.

Without You, I could not cross over into eternity. And for this, I am eternally grateful. As the Branch, O Lord, You are "beautiful and glorious", but for me, as the Branch, You have bent graciously to lift me above my troubles often and swing me up above the cares of this world ... You are a full Branch and in You, I seek Refuge, Strength and Covering, new growth each year and for this year of 2014 much fruit I pray ... mature me, O Lord and make me more like You. Thank You for being our Branch! Thank You for extending Your limbs for us! 

***
How have you
experienced God this week
(or would like to or need to)

F: Focus on a Name of God or one of His attributes; Find a Verse
O: Open His Word~the Bible; allow God to reveal Himself
C: Center on HIM, Come into His Presence; Call on Him to speak
U: Understand God & His Truth in His Word; Unmask your heart to God
S: Saturate and Soak as you Share your GRATITUDE for God to God*

***

Just write on being grateful 2 God 4 who He is!
(in a prayer of gratitude)


Please tell us in the comments your response for the week to how you are grateful to God as ... the *FOCUS NAME for this week (given by me above*) like I've tried to share 

OR

do your own
FOCUS NAME
and tell us

"I'm grateful to God as my  ... because ...  or  "I'm grateful for God's  ... (quality) because ... (a Scripture would be nice if ya' got one in your head, or just come back, the blog's always here even when I'm not) or *better yet you can write out a prayer to Him right in my comments of how you are thankful for experiencing God as that Name or quality of God implies ...
***

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful to God as my branch, always protecting me, healing me. Thank you, Lord. A beautiful post, my friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful to God as my branch. Hmmm. I really like that image! There are many large trees that surround my home in the mountains, and I am always so awed by their solid majesty, especially when the torrid winds blow. (And boy, have they been blowing lately!!) I'm grateful to be a twig, firmly attached to the branch!!

    GOD BLESS!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy