"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

MOORE On Monday (M.O.M.) Day 20

*There's a reoccurring "whisper of HOPE" for a very special beloved's birthday on this day, with HOPE that he hears and responds to Our Beloved Lord calling him to accept and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, for there is "no other way to the Father except through Him". 

I've incorporated *this* into my prayer P.R.A.I.S.E. format from Beth Moore's wonderful ...

"WHISPERS of HOPE"

for today
Day 20
Focus: John 2:11
Scripture Reading: John 2:1-11

I wish I could share each day with you from these "ten weeks" of her devotional. But I did find a giveaway that's still open until the 22nd of Beth's Moore study here

"Denying yourself does not mean denying your need . Denying yourself means denying you have the means to meet your need."


Oh my, Beth has so many good quotes and points for today's lesson from
John 2
on
MIRACLE

some of us really need some miracles any day now

{Beth Moore's current series at Life Today ends with the desire to experience the supernatural, miraculous power of God: The Widow's Oil, Part 1 which goes with this beautifully}

"When we allow Christ to fill our hollow places, inevitably others will draw closer to us. They will cease feeling as if we need more than they have to give. Only Christ can fill our empty pitchers."

Since "Miracle" is part of this blog's title, by now you hopefully realize its a key component to how I hope to look for miracles each day and open my life journey to "miracles" for me and others. 

Beth wrote so many powerful truths in this short devo for today but this one gives me pause to reflect of my past: "how many of us have attempted to fill our hollow places with something other than God's love, only to eventually find ourselves in trouble" ... and her previous warning to us: "if Christ has not been invited to fill up all the hollow places in our lives, we may be saved, but we are not safe! ... 

"Christ fills empty vessels ... Nothing destroys life like emptiness ... Hollow places deep inside of us never sit dormant ..." Truth after truth.

Beth Moore teaches us two simple and practical actions for how we can discover the safety of the fullness of God:

  • Fullness begins with honesty. ... tell Him what is missing in your life. Confess to Him your every vain attempt to fill it with things other than His love. Name every person and thing that has disappointed you and left you lacking. Recount to Him the cost of looking for love, acceptance, comfort, or healing in all the wrong places."


  • "Then, when you have been honest with your need, ask Him to fill you with His love and flood your life with His Spirit. NOT once and for all— but every day for the rest of your life."

  • from (p.62) "Whispers of Hope" by Beth Moore

    My actual P.R.A.I.S.E. has many more words and details of the above (especially R.) but each day we are to follow this format:

    "PraiseBegin your morning prayer time with praise.
    RepentanceAfter you've spent several minutes in praise and worship, enter a time of confession and repentance.
    AcknowledgmentHaving praised Him and been purified by Him, you are ready to submit to God's authority. Acknowledge His right to rule and reign in your life every day.
    IntercessionPray for others!
    Supplication for selfNow enter into a time of prayer for yourself.
    EquippingSupplications for self helps us KNOW God; this step assists us as we grow in our capacity to SERVE God. Conclude your prayer time by asking Him to equip you in every way for a victorious day."


    Almighty Father, I come before You today with my heart full of praise. I praise You for the "whispers of hope" I read from Beth Moore and in Your Word as found in the first recorded miracle of John 2; changing water into wine; actually taking empty vessels, filling them to the brim and then comes the change. I praise You for the times that You fill me and even for the times when You empty me. It's in these times that I clearly see my desperate need for You to fill every corner of my mind, my heart and my earthly vessel. 

    I come before You and confess my weaknesses, my empty places that I have allowed "others" or other stuff to fill. ...

    I repent for not being ready or able to change as I should after all the years that You have been at work in me and on me. I repent for the changes that I have resisted and have been ever so slow at doing. Just as Mary asked, "whatever, He says, just do it" ... may I be ever so willing to do and obey at Your Word. 

    [... and then I continue with my many "Intercessions" for family, friends and myself ---not shared publicly here]. 

    I ask You Lord, to come, equip me in every way for this day and what lies ahead. I thank You for giving me another chance to change and get it right in Jesus' name ... renew me and make me an empty vessel filled by Your Spirit with more of Your fruit.

    [Hoping to see my life journey more half filled than half empty. I was specifically thinking of my portion of HOPE and whether I saw myself as HOPEful or HOPEless (and how full of HOPE am I really?) Do I find myself anchored truthfully in Christ alone or am I anchored more to the stuff in my life? Do I truly soar like the eagles or am I more of a chicken, crow or even a turkey in how I live or fill my life with walking in God's Truths and Promises that I claim to believe?] 

    Help me Lord, soar like an eagle. Not cackle like a crow or peck around like a chicken or gobble up stuff of this world like a turkey. May I live what I say I believe and do what You say whether it's in a whisper or a shout for the umpteenth time, let me get it and DO it, living it out today! 




    2 comments:

    1. This post brought me great comfort this morning, Peggy. God is certainly whispering hope to my spirit today, and filling some very empty places right now.

      In it all, He brings JOY.

      GOD BLESS!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Amen, thank you for that encouraging post, dear Peggy. I hope you are well now. Love and Hugs

      ReplyDelete

    Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
    I hope that is what you see
    this is why I am



    To my faithful visitors;
    all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
    I do appreciate you so much!

    Thank you for taking your time to visit!

    Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

    DIOS TE BENDIGA
    GOD BLESS YOU

    always

    Peggy