"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Monday, January 27, 2014

MOORE On Monday (M.O.M.) Day 27

"WHISPERS of HOPE"
by Beth Moore

for today
Day 27
Focus: Psalm 119:89
Scripture Reading: Psalm 119:89-96
*Concluding Scripture: Matt. 24:35

"Times will change— but God’s Word remains solid. Look to the legacy of timeless advice, to those tips that will last when today’s technology is a laugh from the past*from "Whispers of Hope: 10 Weeks of Devotional Prayer" (p. 83) by Beth Moore  (2013-09-29) 

"God’s Word stands the test of time and was written purposely to pertain to every generation. Why? Because His counsel applies regardless of changes in our lives.from "Whispers of Hope: 10 Weeks of Devotional Prayer" by Beth Moore

" ... we have an anchor in the Word of God ... "
from "Whispers of Hope: 10 Weeks of Devotional Prayer" by Beth Moore

Heavenly Father, In this age of information and technology (in constant ever changing "upgrades"), You and Your Word remain constant and unchanging.
I praise You and give thanks that You are the same, yesterday, today and forever.
You are in control and I am not. Forgive me for the times I turn to the quick search of the world rather than to Your Word first. I submit to Your supreme authority, knowledge and the right to reign in my life today and every day. For Your Word never fails and You have never failed me. Your Word is solid and timeless! Your Word is truly the best "health plan" emotionally (and every way), there is no better "plan than biblical forgiveness and divine healing" as Beth wrote. May I run to You and Your Word first. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Jehovah, My Rock and My Redeemer. Thank You for Your Word that is an anchor for my soul in the whirlwinds and storms, I will cling to You and Your Promises.  

{insert private intercession for others and myself at this point, perhaps more specific confessions of sin, poor choices or lack of fruit in me}

For You alone are Holy and worthy of all my thanks and praise! You know each step in my life and my journey forward before I even cross it and I ask that You go before me, making crooked places straight, moving mountains and stirring my faith
constantly as I grow and mature in You and Your ways, laying aside my poor choices and decisions, searches or tips in the internet, wisdom or ways of the world and poor habits I have for ALL that You designed and purposed and planned as You guide my feet and actions this day ... equip me as I surrender to You and Your will by Your Holy Spirit, I ask in Jesus' precious name ...




* For more details about this when I started sharing "Whispers of Hope" go back here

1 comment:

  1. What stood out to me in this post was the word *anchor* - a sure and steady grounding in the storms of life. It is the anchor of God's Word, and the mighty Promises held within, that holds us firm.

    NO. MATTER. WHAT.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy