"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

SOS ~ MY ONE WORD for 2014 ...

I just realized that I have not confirmed or officially introduced My One Word for 2014. Yes, perhaps, you guessed it or picked up on it or mistakenly thought it was GRACE or PRESENCE but it's neither of these (not even GARDEN).

Plus somewhere along this blog journey, I mentioned that I found a beautiful image for this Word. Also, I did a few book reviews at the end of 2013 around this Word, but one in particular, that is being done in the author's church as a sermon series currently ... of course, I'll be checking that out and sharing more on that at my 6PM SOS Study On SONday). Although I had various Bible verses, I guess I was waiting for God to confirm which verse should be My One Word Verse before I announced My One Word as (Ta-da)... 

[photo credit: Pincel]

HOPE
actually
Hope Unto Grace
H.U.G.


"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. 
It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, " Hebrews 6:19

preceded by
a great chapter of 
"God's Promise is Certain"
Chapter 6 of Hebrews

"In the same way God, desiring even more to show to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose, interposed with an oath, so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us. .."
(v. 17, 18) Hebrews 6:17,18

I actually have 3 verses: this is the first of those 3!

***

I love this painting that God brought me to right at the time I needed it and tied this all together with that He was speaking to me about reading Hebrews, wherever I turned "HOPE" was being spoken into my spirit and to me. That woman in the painting is I, perhaps it may be you. Perhaps you need that "Ray of Hope". I have seen it so many times throughout my life followed soon after by His aMazing Grace. And, the acronym H.U.G. just seems to be my most sincere expression of His love that comes from the Faith, Hope and Love that Jesus Christ gives me: a moment of His embrace, I find in His Presence! 

This is the HOPE I have and hope to share for 2014.



















I guess it was God's timing that I wait until today to share My One Word, the day before a very significant someone in my life, 
will be celebrating his 84th birthday tomorrow, the 20th of January. It is my hope that the HOPE of Jesus Christ will be the gift that comes to this special person for his birthday and this year: that his life will be blessed for eternity by one choice of opening, receiving and accepting the gift of salvation that only comes through faith in Jesus Christ. 




So, I have shared a Scene, Scripture and now for a Song on Hope. I have found many, but have chosen this one to start 2014. This is what SOS was, when it began here years ago, as a place each SONday to simply share any of these 3 or even a Sermon, briefly, so we can SOAK on SONday in Our Lord ...



MY HOPE



Thank You Father, for the HOPE we have in You
through Your Son, Jesus Christ and by Your
Holy Spirit, alive and breathing on us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy