"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

SOS ~ "Petals of Hope"

"Petals of Hope"
[limited edition artwork]
[by Thomas Kinkade: credit of painting]

"I sometimes visualize faith as a garden, where hope is in abundant bloom. In The Garden of Promise, we stood at the gate of that wondrous retreat. In Petals of Hope, we've entered the garden where the lavish blossoms dazzle the eye and the air is fragrant with hope." — Thomas Kinkade 

This beautiful painting by Thomas Kinkade, once again, draws us into a Garden. This one that Thomas Kinkade himself saw as a core part in "The Garden of Promise" [another limited edition, that I'm sure I will share this year] "Petals of Hope", which is entered by another limited edition piece "Bridge of Faith" (all works by the artist of light).

I'm sure that you, like I have, held a beautiful flower in your hands, and found yourself plucking off each petal by petal, perhaps even reciting, "he loves me, he loves me not" ... but with each petal there was the "hope" that it would be "love".

As I start off down the path in the Garden of Grace or Promise, with my one word for 2014 held tightly in my hand, HOPE is on every petal, the blossoms of HOPE, the fresh fragrance in each breath, holding on to HOPE for the new day and what God will bring. The "petals of hope" that I am turning to are the promises or scripture verses on HOPE. Perhaps, the first place that many go to with their new word is searching for a definition, yet I choose to begin my search in the Garden of Promises of God's Word, in the Bible and at least the beginning of biblical verses that center on HOPE:each one a petal of HOPE

Starting off, with the 3 verses I have chosen

Isaiah 40:31

Hebrews 6:19

Romans 12:12

{I just decided not to narrow down my choices yet}

And although I am storing up so many other "petals of HOPE", a wonderful blogger friend sent me hers that she had posted, but the BEST part is to hear the music composed by her as well for many of these verses and also this special song she did "Hope of Glory". Cathy is a sweet fragrance of HOPE often for me and so is her music over at Melodies and Hymnsongs and WordSong Collections

Since I have images for the first two verses I chose (1) an eagle and (2) an anchor, it only seems fitting that I choose one for the 3rd verse from Romans 12:12, which I believe goes perfectly with the "petals of hope" painting by Thomas Kinkade

Petal 1

Rejoicing in HOPE

Petal 2

Persevering in Tribulation

Petal 3

Devoted to Prayer


so as I'm 

and 
walking through the
"Gardens of Grace"
and
"Garden of Promise"

I will follow the path through Cathy's verses
compared with the added search of
StudyLight's 
Topical Concordance
Thomas Chain Reference
Nave's Topical Bible
looking at these
petals on
HOPE
as I sort them out
to see which ones whisper to me

"He loves me, He LOVES me, HE loves me ..."
unconditionally
and
it's written in His Word
in all these places and many more

  • Psalm 9:18 16:9 ; 31:24 ; 33:18, 22; 38:15 ; 39:7 ; 43:3-5 ;71:5,14; 78:5-7; 119:74, 81,116,166 ; 130:7 ; 146:5 
  • Proverbs 10:28 ; 13:12 ; 14:32 ; 23:18 ; 24:14
  • Isaiah 38:18
  • Jeremiah 17:7
  • Lamentations 3:21,24,26
  • Hosea 2:15
  • Joel 3:16;
  • Zechariah 9:12;
  • Acts 23:6 ; 24:14,15 ; 26:7,8 ; 28:20;
  • Romans 4:18 ; 5:2-5 ; 8:24,25 ; 12:12 ; 15:4,13
  • 1 Corinthians 13:1315:19
  • 2 Corinthians 3:12 ; 
  • Galatians 5:5 ; 
  • Ephesians 1:18 ; 4:4 ;6:17;
  • Philippians 1:20 ; 
  • Colossians 1:5,23,27
  • 1 Thessalonians 1:3 ; 5:8
  • 2 Thessalonians 2:16
  • 1 Timothy 1:1;
  • Titus 1:2 2:133:7;
  •  Hebrews 3:6 ; 6:11,18,19 ; 11:1
  • 1 Peter 1:3,13,213:15;
  • 1 John 3:3

* highlighted scriptures were also on Cathy's list of scripture verses plus some others not listed here: Job 11:18; Proverbs 26: 12; 29:20; Psalms and more --- I will be choosing from these as I continue in the Garden of Promise, Garden of Grace, a Garden of Hope ... {if you move your cursor over most verses, the verse should appear}

---perhaps you know of others that "whisper HOPE" to you and they don't even have to have the actual word "hope" to do that ... maybe one of these or another verse has brought HOPE to you; whether you were Hope-less, or Hope-ful or found yourself in despair, going nowhere; or seeking the God of Hope for answers that you hoped were coming from Him, clinging to a glorious hope that you believe in, but did not know why ... or how ... or where this HOPE comes or came from when you need

HOPE

Holding
On Only to
Perspective Placed
Eternally

[not my image: credit unknown found on a Recovery & Hope site]

Makes me just wanna sing a
SONG OF HOPE
as I wander in my
Garden of Hope
clinging to the
"petals of hope"
as
"God of heaven comes down"
to walk with me
Beauty in His Grip Button
"Sharing HIS Beauty"
starting with Joan
I enjoy so many of the bloggers
that enter their links to this
so I decided to link up this one 
(hoping it fits the criteria)
as an after thought
'cuz many times I go there and read their link-ups incognito
{and I still can't figure out how to leave a comment on Joan's}
Her quote and sharing were filled with such beauty and God's glory in the
"click of a shutter" and being vulnerable. I couldn't agree more to what she wrote:
"God brings us to different places in our lives at just the right time to reveal some of His beauty."

Thanks Joan! Love your blog and comments that I've read around blogland. 
You and your blog inspire me!

1 comment:

  1. Hope, blessed hope. The knowledge that what we see around us is not all there is. The assurance that death is not the end of the story.

    The confidence that we have a mansion prepared for us - and one day, we will see The Master face-to-face!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy