"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WORD ON WEDNESDAY

I came upon this book "The Joshua Code" with 52 Scripture verses that every believer should know and this will be my focus for  my "WORD ON WEDS.", one for each week (hopefully it will be like the old "Word Filled Weds") or maybe not, because I just want to add that I really do love what Internet Cafe Devotions is doing by "praying the Word" as they changed WFW to add {See and Pray} to incorporate and take us beyond the Word and an image to sharing the Word in Prayer, which I really like! So we'll see ... as we memorize and meditate with

by O.S.Hawkins

The Scripture Verses 
{thus far for 2014}

1. Genesis 1: 1
2. John 3: 16
3. Ephesians 2: 8 

This week
"A Psalm for the Ages"

Memorizing and Meditating 
on
4. Psalm 23:1

(there are more verses from this Psalm later)

"The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. "(NIV)(NET)
"The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need." (NLT)
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want." (NASB) (ESV)
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want." (KJV)

BIBLE HUB to see various versions and commentaries on Psalm 23:1 and you can choose whichever one you are comfortable with ... or read them all and expand your understanding. I like Bible Gateway (but currently cannot scroll through the versions and I end up with some language I don't understand) ... so I can see other Bible versions like the Amplified or The Message ... which say respectively:

"The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], 
I shall not lack."

"God, my shepherd! I don’t need a thing."


[image credit: 365 promises]
Promise #46: Psalm 23:1


This one is recorded already in my memory through a song I learned as a child. I love memorizing scripture through songs. I find this to be a helpful way to learn. I could not find the song I sing but here is a wonderful one with Keith Green ... and of course, this lines up and goes with the direction God took me last week when I wrote "FAITHFUL LOST SHEEP" and one that I shared last year twice with links to Roy Lessin from "Meet Me in the Meadow" Ps. 23. Isn't that what we HOPE? To meet and be with Our Shepherd "in the meadow" ... in the valley, on the mountaintops, wherever our life journey takes us, may we go with Him, with Jesus as Our Shepherd.



Joshua 1:8 says, 

“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.




* I found a church that is sharing these online weekly as well, no content like the book does, just the verse for Memorization and Meditation. If I do not yet have the verse memorized, I will be doing that and if I have the verse memorized already, I will be meditating on the Scripture Verse throughout the week. I guess this was a 2013 phenomenon, so again I'm behind on this.

*** what a bummer that the image does not show in Google Chrome, maybe it does in Firefox or IE but here's the link to the specific one. That was the whole point of sharing WOW with the Joshua Code! 

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful post, Dear. I love Keith Green and that song. I also wrote music to Psalm 23. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of learning essential Bible verses! I will be eager to follow this with you on Wednesdays.

    What a Shepherd we have! Never lost, we are constantly protected. Indeed, what more could we ever need?!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy