"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 is the blog verse for here

Friday, June 6, 2014

WEEK 7 FRIDAY FOCUS: MY FORGIVENESS


RESOLUTION # 7

"I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconciled with those I have wronged."Priscilla Shirer
"a resolution to release others from the prison of my hurt and anger"


WHOA this is a BIG one, that I will need to do more completely for sure ... 
MY FORGIVENESS

I've shared on forgiveness before here on my blog, but this resolution seems to be taking this a big step forward; so this doesn't look like this was a very good place to break (sorry 'bout that)

Although I believe I have done this as the one wronged and the one who has wronged others, for some reason, I'm sensing that there is more to this, when I ponder on what Priscilla writes about releasing ... from a prison of my hurt and anger... 'cuz I find myself going back often to the hurt and at times, unknown to me,
anger resurfaces and I'm not always sure from where or what but reluctantly assume, that it has something to do with past wrongs that I'm still holding on to ... or have not yet dealt with or perhaps forgiven as I should or thought I did (this probably sounds about as clear as mud, huh?)

MY FORGIVENESS
by Priscilla Shirer
"a resolution to release others from the prison 
of my hurt and anger"
"Internal Injuries"
"All Clear"
"No More Circles"


 Week 7: My Forgiveness
Reading: pages 127-137
Memory Verse: Colossians 2:13-14
from Priscilla's blog: Going Beyond Ministry

MEMORY VERSE

... Colossians 2:13-14 ...

QUESTIONS
for

"Internal Injuries"

"If you don't feel like forgiveness is something you have an issue with, list some practical ways you can continue to see to it "that no root of bitterness springs up, causing trouble"(Hebrews 12:15)

"Prayerfully consider: Who, if anyone, are the people you harbor unforgiveness toward? How have you seen this affect your life?

''Are you more prone to care for others than to examine and tend to your own spiritual needs? If so, how does this manifest itself in your life?"

"Grab your Bible and choose one passage to read and study 
--- on forgiveness: 
Mark 11:25-26 - making reconciled relationships a regular part of our praying 
Matthew 6:14-15 - how our forgiveness of others relates to God's forgiveness of us
Hebrews 12:14 - the blessing that flows from pursuing peace with everyone
--- on bitterness:
Ephesians 4:31 - the only good thing to do with it is to get rid of it
Hebrews 12:15 - what bitterness can do if it's not pulled up by the roots
Proverbs 14:10 - all we can ever expect from hanging on to it " 

"All Clear"

"Describe in your own words the differences and connections between forgiving yourself and receiving God's forgiveness.

Choose one past action that you've held against yourself, and then prayerfully consider the Lord's payment for this sin. Choose to receive it for yourself." 
{this was the most freeing chapter for me as regards forgiving oneself}
Absolutely precious, forgiving words

..."it is finished"...
His Forgiveness is enough and complete
Click. Delete.
Forgotten


"No More Circles"

"Circle the step that's most difficult for you in forgiving someone else, and then consider why that's the case:
--- refusing to store up and harbor a grudge
--- leaving room for God to action your behalf
--- praying, asking the Lord to give you a desire to forgive

Think of the names you wrote in the first section-people you are holding grudges against. Ask the Lord to empower you to forgive them. Then replace the underlined phrase with each person's name, "Forgiving one another just as God also forgave you in Christ" (Eph. 4:32)

To be fair and complete, is there anyone you need to request forgiveness from? As the Scriptures says, "If you are offering your gift on the altar, and there you remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled with your brother, and then come and offer your gift" (Matthew 5:23-24) ... even your gift of forgiveness.

As you move forward to sign this resolution, remember that this should only be the beginning-the initiation of a journey that may take time and counsel to complete. Be willing to seek the necessary help to fully experience the benefits that forgiveness is designed to give.




2 comments:

  1. Our pastor recently gave a sermon on forgiveness. Once again, I was reminded that we are called to forgive because we have been forgiven so much. The enemy of our souls would have us wallow in bitterness and grudge-holding and thoughts of revenge. Our Savior would point us to His cross.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy



Be sure to catch Oct.'s Challenge of Prayer for our Marriages above in my PRAYER page also in this POST here
...
and at TWW with Darlene Schacht, author of "Messy Beautiful Love: Hope and Redemption..." (my book review's here). Pray for my marriage and yours! Come see "31 Days of "Greater Good" on my MISSIONS Blog!

IS THERE ROOM in your INN for JESUS?

COME to "LAS POSADAS" All Church CHRISTmas Pageant (just click below on each one) to travel with Mary, Joseph & I to the Intro, 1st Posada, 2nd Posada, 3rd Posada, 4th Posada, 5th Posada, 6th Posada, 7th Posada, FINAL POSADA December 24th My POSADA Reflections