"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Friday, February 10, 2017

FRIDAY "FINDING I AM ..." through "66 WAYS..."

Image result for God loves you

Of course, the OBS with Proverbs 31 Ministries is continuing with "Finding I AM ..." by Lysa TerKeurst - Week 3 "I AM the Gate and the Shepherd" (this makes sense that these would kinda really go togetheras Our Shepherd leads us as Our Gate to eternity ... yet I love this study and having Fridays "Finding I AM" as my theme, but I've decided since it's February, month of LOVE ... and GOD is LOVE, I'm looking into this as I am FINDING ...

66 Ways God Loves You
[image credit: Jennifer Rothschild]

... that I shared earlier here

"66 Ways God Loves You"
by
Jennifer Rothschild

{that I was able to get a good deal on as a Kindle ebookalthough for some reason - I believe it's because of the beautiful images (like the ones in this post) that introduce each chapter is why I preferred to get it as a REAL book, but I could not resist the deal and maybe you can get in on this deal too still, so that's why I'm sharing it again this week - plus I think I promised that I'd be focusing on one way each week which I have not done. Only Genesis ... back in Jan.}



It would make more sense if I continued in order but since today I am "Finding I AM..." and finding the many ways God loves me, focusing on God as Love ... it seems to only make sense that I look through Jennifer's book at which book she addresses "love" (and a search showed 350 uses, so that didn't work). 

Of course, the book in the Bible that comes to mind - besides John (3:16) or 1 John 4:8 for me, would be 1 Corinthians so I open up to the Contents and read through each of the "66 Ways God Loves ..." me, which clearly is one for each book in the Christian Bible, since there are 66 books in the Protestant Bible (39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament) - the Roman Catholic one includes more, as does the Orthodox.



Anyways, 1st Corinthians is the first one with just the word "love" (others have other forms of the word "love" and of course point to how God's love is expressed in that book) however:

"In 1st Corinthians, God Teaches Me the Way of Love"

Most of us that read the Bible know that
1 Corinthians 13
as
"The Way of Love"
specifically
5 versions linked
{below is "The Voice" version}

"Love is patient; love is kind. Love isn’t envious, doesn’t boast, brag, or strut about. There’s no arrogance in love; 5 it’s never rude, crude, or indecent—it’s not self-absorbed. Love isn’t easily upset. Love doesn’t tally wrongs or celebrate injustice; but truthyes, truth—is love’s delight! Love puts up with anything and everything that comes along; it trusts, hopes, and endures no matter what.  Love will never become obsolete." ...

yet sadly
starting with me
most of us
do not
LOVE
this way



AGAPE LOVE
is rare and what
our world needs more of
rather than the other one
that so many seem to be seeking

even
PHILEO
(brotherly love)
would help
this
world
more

I use to think there were 4 kinds of love
but I recently read of 6 Greek Words for Love

PRAGMA
seems to be the one
I need or have
(sigh)

I'm glad I outgrew the others
but
I have failed in the department of
LOVE

God's and human

This week 
HE is the Shepherd
(Psalm 23)
HE is the Gate
[all image credits belong to JenniferRothschild]

No copyright infringement intended


Today I am soaking in God's Love
and
celebrating
February 14th
early with Him, my true Love

so wishing you ahead of time a
Happy Valentine's Day!

for you and yours

let's continue to
FIND I AM
and
work on
LOVE
and
knowing
GOD
and
God's Love
in one another
showing
God's Love
to one another

Greatest is Love
[image credit: CrossCards]


NOTE: I just want you to know I prepared this on Tues. for Fri. when I got the email with the deal and then I ordered the Kindle version and should have waited for this on Weds. I guess - so ... you get to choose ... :) ... and I even went there and the publishers and Jennifer's to look but did not find it until Weds

Mine was done before this ... and I had her images here before I saw them there ... just how God works with me ... sometimes.
Surely I did not know this was going to publish when I wrote mine even though it's publishing after the one I linked for Weds.

Amazing how Jennifer wrote on GOD as Shepherd for that Weds. article! GOD had it all lined up to go in sync with Lysa and P31 OBS!!! Great connection and correlation how HE does this and lets me in on it (ahead of time) sometimes. (lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy