"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

"THE BROKEN WAY" ~ 6

The Broken Way - Week Six
of
FaithGateway's 
of
Ann Voskamp's book
"The Broken Way"

session 6
"Who We Serve"

Watch: Session 6 video (available at FaithGateway)
Read: Your study guide, pg. 104-122
Optional: Companion reading, The Broken Way  book, Chapters 16-18

Scripture Readings This Week

"We continue to shout our praise even when we’re hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we’re never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can’t round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!" — Romans 5:3-5 MSG

Prayer for the Week
"Jesus, thank You for taking on humanity for us. Thank You for suffering the indignity of becoming one of us so that You know what we go through, what life and hardships are like, what brokenness is. The thought is beyond comprehension! You became one of us to be with us. Thank You that we can always trust You to never leave us, that when we struggle and hurt and become overwhelmed with tears, You come along saying, “Me too.” We love You! Amen."~Laurie McClure

Discussion/Reflection Questions
(for comments here or over at FaithGateway blog link)

[image credit: Ann Voskamp]

{early today instead of at 6pm for SOS}
 because


<><><>
I'll be back later ... with more, or at least by Weds., because this Weds. is the start of Lent, so I'm exploring and examining which 40 Day plan to do here and also over at YV (that's for YouVersion). There are many good reading plans to choose from as I have done in previous years. I've looked at a Challenge one, specific ones for Lent, and one aimed at my One Word: Healing (which just happened to be 40 days) and I am leaning towards that one for my blog here and I may do the Challenge one over at my Missions Blog and the others over on YouVersion {well, at least one} however that's a bit more commitment than I want at this time so that's why I wanted to get you plugged in or looking for a good one. For me, it would be good to do a "healing" one through the season of Lent, since it's a time of repentance, prayer and fasting ... leading up to Christ's suffering and His Resurrection, our Redemption paid and finished.

Remember Sundays are not included in the 40 days, so the dates for Lent 2017 are March 1st-April 13th (my older brother's birthday) 5 weeks ... and then after that LifeWay Women will be starting an online study of "Redeemed" by Angela Thomas Pharr (which I am ready to do with book in hand already because of my 40 days of prayer came from there and her so I got it early) so if you're interested in being redeemed or already know you are, register and let's celebrate together. "In this 7-session Bible study, Angela Thomas-Pharr explores the practical side of redemption, inviting us to lean upon Jesus for our real help and hope." I will be doing this here later.

[Plus Elevation Church with Pastor Steve Furtick has his YV plan "7 Mile Miracle" which I've shared in previous years. I thought he was doing the series at his church now, but it looks like he's doing a different power one or "reverse the search" (?)] so I guess the sermons are no longer available except through purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy