"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

WOW ~ JOY in the JOURNEY


Trust me - many of us would disagree about "joy in the journey" on this side of eternity with all the many situations, brokenness and need for healing in so many places and ways. We know that for us as Christians - that there is everlasting joy in our destination. This image is from our Christian radio station, so surely they know the unspeakable joy we have in Christ ... and our eternal destination. So I'm not sure where this quote comes from or their meaning, yet I have been hearing much lately that we, as Christians, need to be showing the world more of our joy in the journey. 

If you know me and this blog for any time ... years ago I shared JOY as my One Word (2011) and a grief series called "Help for the Journey" from GriefShare, which I called or thought it was called "Joy in the Journey" ... guess I really want some JOY ... so this image and quote stuck out to me. I can barely remember a time that JOY flowed from me (sigh) and I saw any "joy in the journey". My recent trip/journey back to Minnesota is a clear example of how I might have had much "joy" in the journey and the destination ... yet there was not joy in either, sad to say ... I was woken up to far too many heavy situations along the journey and once I was home. You would have thought after all these years (20) away, I would have found much JOY (and don't get me wrong, I was filled with JOY about arriving back here with my 3 furry friends alive, etc. ... but so many problems stifle that JOY inside). So sometimes, I feel we must purposely seek JOY each day, no matter what. But "journeys" can be long with a whole slew of unexpected problems so we have to refill our tanks of JOY constantly. 

This is what happens for me ... here in "blogland" or via emails, phone calls, comments, studies, books, etc. and in church and special events. And my favorite days to open my emails usually are Mon. and Thurs. when I receive my devotional letter from Jennifer Camp (LOOP) and my "whisper" from The Passion Translation {plus my studies} that seem to send a personal message to me from God. I read both hoping there may be "joy" for this journey ... and I have chosen this one although the "joy" comes in the "whisper" heard and received yet the following opening also fits:

"... David wrote his most inspired Psalms when persecuted and harassed. Paul wrote his most joyful letter while imprisoned awaiting the sentence of death. Jesus gave us His most sweet covenant in the evening before His death. Your glorious poetry and song will be heard when you are in the most difficult situation. Don't just wish that everything was different, but love Him where you are and watch it all change before your eyes!" TPT

Psalm 102:11-12 The Passion Translation
My days are marked by the lengthening shadows of death.
I’m withering away and there’s nothing left of me.
But then I remember that You, O Lord,
still sit enthroned as King over all!


The fame of Your name will be revealed to every generation!


I HEAR HIS WHISPER...

"Many are restless in this hour."

"Many long for lasting change. They are puzzled over what seems like delay in their advancement. Restlessness comes when you take your eyes off of Me. I call you to rest in My peace and watch Me work. I will be your Sabbath Rest.

The distractions are many for My chosen ones. Many voices and many activities can confuse your heart, but in Me there is a peace that transcends all understanding. I give to you, not logic, but peace. My peace can never be disturbed and robbed from you. The peace of your world comes and goes and is easily troubled. Come into My ocean of peace and I will speak to you the words you need to hear for what is about to come.

You no longer have a place in the world. Your place is with Me. Step into Me and I will give the place destined for you. My mansions filled with peace and glory await your entrance. There are many resting places in Me. I long to be your undisturbed peace in a time of trouble and rapid change. Come closer to Me and I will come closer to you.

The plans I have for you require that you focus on Me and not your shifting circumstances. Confine yourself to Me, as a prisoner of love, and you will be nourished by the eternal."

Psalm 27:4-6 The Passion Translation

"Here’s the one thing I crave from God,
The one thing I seek above all else:
I want the privilege of living with him 
Every moment in his House,
Finding the sweet loveliness of his face;
Filled with awe, delighting in his glory and grace.
I want to live my life so close to him
That he takes pleasure in my every prayer.
In His shelter in the day of trouble, that’s where you’ll find me,
For he hides me there in his holiness.
He has smuggled me into his secret place
                             Where I’m kept safe and secure."
from Brian Simmons and the TPT Team

"Peace"
was also one of my past
One Words
and
with this year being
HEALING
ties
many aspects together
plus
with this week's
"Finding I AM"

being 

"I AM the true Vine"

Finding I AM Graphic

Perfect timing!

I see a direct correlation between
every detail in my daily journey
right now

It's like I can't wait to turn over another
"stone" in the path to find out what new surprise,
clue or revelation
GOD
has for me

it's like a dot-to-dot connection
from church on SONday
through my Bible readings, books and studies
right through my emails 
(and that's just the ones I choose to open)
so the
HEALER

the
VINE
wraps Himself
around me
as I abide

yeah...that's
Rest

as
HE
puts all the pieces
together with
JOY

Jesus Others You
{that's the order it should be}

as we focus to discover all the
JOY


wishing you
JOY
in your journey



4 comments:

  1. "...What looks like an exhausting, impossible, uncertain journey is really a road of healing that we simply can't see down. Our inability to see it doesn't make it any less orchestrated. It's detailed and fits perfectly to our footsteps and one day we will see it clearly. "...John Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the TPT version of that Psalm! Especially this portion:

    "I want the privilege of living with him
    Every moment in his House,
    Finding the sweet loveliness of his face;
    Filled with awe, delighting in his glory and grace.
    I want to live my life so close to him
    That he takes pleasure in my every prayer."


    Oh, hide me there in Your holiness, Lord...it is truly the only safe and secure place to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Amen, Karen - I love that also!!! Sure makes Him vivid and real!

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy