"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

WOW ~ the Heart of the Matter

I almost did not take (do) a Walk On Weds. for today because once again I could not choose nor did I find any "daily walk" that really seemed like a "Whisper On Weds." that we might need ...

The Daily Walk Bible NLT (Daily Walk: Full Size) by [Tyndale]

... then I received a great deal on "Finding God in the Ruins: How God Redeems Pain" by Matt Bays and I rediscovered the NLT Bible above with a 31 Day Plan with Jesus, which reawakened me seeking "how to get the most out of" my daily walks ... and so I began a new encounter with this "walk" and decided to reread my emails more closely from Jennifer Camp (LOOP) and Brian Simmons (The Passion Translation) from where I often choose one of these two for my "whispers" on these "walks" because their emails touch me or speak to me, so I decided to share them both because the "whispers" go together (sharing them in the order I received them)- may they whisper to your heart from God's:

"When What You Believe is True, Isn’t" by Jennifer Camp

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour—1 Peter 5:8

"Come back to Me. You don’t have to feel far away. You don’t have to believe you are disappointing Me.

There are whispers you hear that aren't from Me. There are whispers to lure you away, that want to pull you far from the place I have for you, the place I am with you, right now.

Listen close: You are with Me, my love, and when you hear whispers that say I am far away, that say you aren’t measuring up, ask Me what think before you believe them. I’m never going to ignore you when you come to Me with a heart fully open. I’m never going to turn you away, and I love it when you trust Me with your every thought.

Let Me hold your thoughts, your dreams, your fears. Let Me contain them, gather them up with my hands so you don’t feel crushed by their weight.

I place my hand upon your heart, the beating of your mortal body, while your soul, your spirit, is connected with Me. You are here and you are there–—your body breathing air I breathed while I walked  there, your soul breathing in my spirit as you walk here, with Me. For here, you sit next to Me, claiming your place among the saints and lifting your voice and soul in praise.

My daughter, I wrap you up in my truth, and you are free. Choose my truth over whispers that call you away and you will stay in my peace. You will stay and know my voice more deeply. For I have given you everything you need to discern the false from truth. 

And pray for more truth to fill your heart. My truth is your battle armor: my community helps you hear Me and know Me; my words steer you and feed you and lift you from darkness to light; my love is not a distant, theoretical love, but a fierce, I-am-here-and-I’ve-got-you love.

For I am love. I am love.

Stay close to Me and the whispers will quiet. Stay close to Me and I will rise up for you. But to be rescued I ask you to believe in the rescuer. I am steadfast and present, my darling. 

Look up. 
Look up." (LOOP email sign-up, Jennifer Camp, March 13, 2017)

then

I HEAR HIS WHISPER...
"The light of My love"


"Set your heart on Me. When you see something inside your soul that you lack, focus on Me. I am to be the center on which your life turns. When your eyes are fixed on Me, the supply of My Spirit flows into you. My love for you is like a rising tide, You never need to "try" to love someone, My love is sufficient for you and for them. The glory-flow of My love will be enough for you and enough to give to others. Set your heart on Me, and not the petty offenses that come between you and another. My love will erase and cover a multitude of sins. When My Spirit fills you every other thing is swept away and forgotten. This is how My persecuted ones endure -- for they set their focus on My love.

The shining of My love upon you is the Light that guides, warms, nourishes, and strengthens. Turn your heart to the Light of My love and I will pull the "weeds" from your garden that hinder our fruit from coming forth. When you turn to Me I will accomplish what all your strivings have not-- I will change you from the inside out. I am patient and kind, and there is so much more compassion in My heart toward you than you have realized. You are not a disappointment to Me, but a delight!

Remember the price I paid to purchase your soul. I have given My Son, My Treasure, My Holy Spirit, and My Heart for you. When you feel that I am distant, bathe your heart once again in My love and push aside the lies that would deceive you. I know you, I understand the moving of your heart, and I know every word you will speak before you even start a sentence. The pleasure I find in you is not because of your "works," but because of your love. Having never seen Me, yet you love Me. I will never leave you or diminish the strength of My love toward you.
Whenever you turn your focus to Me and set your gaze on things above, I am stirred to bring you into greater measures of My love and holiness. Let nothing silence your songs of praise, and let nothing stand in your way as you pursue the quest for even more of My love."(Brian Simmons and TPT team)


What I thought I might share today when I couldn't decide
was from another book by Liz Curtis Higgs
(and it's not the excellent one she's sharing for Lent on her FB)
but another one that I only have a sample of right now with

"31 Verses to Write on Your Heart"

It's when I look at these two emails and this one book, I notice that they all have one very important part in common: the Heart ... and I realize that I am hearing God Whisper on Wedsstraight to my heart from His (and I hope He spoke to yours too)

And of course, I must leave at least
30 of the 31 Verses

Proverbs 3:3
2 Corinthians 5:17
Proverbs 29:25
Jeremiah 29:11
Proverbs 9:10
Philippians 4:13
Proverbs 4:23
2 Timothy 1:7
Romans 8:28
Proverbs 31:30
Psalm 46:10
Zephaniah 3:17
Proverbs 22:6
Isaiah 41:10
Philippians 4:6
Proverbs 15:1
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Philippians 4:8
Proverbs 31:25
Isaiah 40:31
Proverbs 27:17
Isaiah 26:3
Philippians 1:6
Joshua 1:9
Proverbs 30:5
Micah 6:8
Isaiah 43:1
Proverbs 15:23
John 14:2
Lamentations 3:22

How many are already written on your heart?

(as I was compiling the list, I realized that either I had already shared these verses somewhere or many are written on my heart and part of the memory work in my mind, so clearly they matter - Liz has chosen and written well on these verses in her devotional book)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy