"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WOW ~ JOURNEY of HEALING for 40 DAYS


[image credit: Bonnie Beardsley @ her blog "More Than Just Coffee"]

{reading plan at YouVersion}
by Bonnie Beardsley

"Healing the Wounded Heart"

DAY 1 
March 1st
(or whatever day you start on)
"The Band-Aid of Bitterness"

Isaiah 38:17

"...  Paradoxically, my bitter experience was pushing me toward wholeness.
        For You,God, have put behind all my shortcomings and wrongdoings.
    You have rescued me from death.
        You pulled me from a black hole of nothingness and held me close to You." ..
The Voice (VOICE)

Image result for isaiah 38 17

"... Isaiah 38:16-19 
O Master, these are the conditions in which people live,
    and yes, in these very conditions my spirit is still alive—
    fully recovered with a fresh infusion of life!
It seems it was good for me
    to go through all those troubles.
Throughout them all you held tight to my lifeline.
    You never let me tumble over the edge into nothing.
But my sins you let go of,
    threw them over your shoulder—good riddance!
The dead don’t thank you,
    and choirs don’t sing praises from the morgue.
Those buried six feet under
    don’t witness to your faithful ways.
It’s the living—live men, live women—who thank you,
    just as I’m doing right now.
Parents give their children
    full reports on your faithful ways. ..."
The Message (MSG)

I thought long and hard about heading down this "Via Dolorosa" on a journey of healing for these 40 days and at this point in my Walk On Weds. ... I decided to just share these on my walks instead of daily when I took a closer look at the plan, so the steps of healing (or days from the reading plan are listed below because once I start it, I can't link them) so just in case God "whispers", I'll have a space in this place to share in His aMazing Grace ... as the healing's done by His Spirit and through His Word. {I left to fill-in the Bible verse(s) and title}

Ash Wednesday
Day 2 Hebrews 12:15 "Not Letting Bitterness Take Root"
Day 3 Exodus 15:23 "Bitter Water"
Day 4 Ephesians 4:31 "Get Rid of the Bitterness"

SONday
Day 5 Acts 8:23 "A Bitter Pill"
Day 6 Exodus 3:11 "I Can't ..."

Day 7 Psalm 43:5 "Look Up"
Day 8 1 Kings 19:10 "I'm All Alone"
Day 9 2 Corinthians 7:6 "Help for the Downcast"
Day 10 Jonah 4:1 "Things Didn't Go My Way"

SONday
Day 11 Psalm 139 "What God Says About Me"
Day 12 Romans 8:37-39 "More Than Conquerors"
Day 13 1 Thessalonians 5:5 "I Am A..."
Day 14 Song of Solomon 4:7 "Perfection"
Day 15 2 Corinthians 5:17 "New Creation"
Day 16 1 Peter 4:8 "The Cover of Love"

SONday
Day 17  John 3:16-17 "The Love of God"
Day 18  1 John 4:7-11 "Let Us Love" 
Day 19 Psalms 119:165 "Peace Comes from Love"
Day 20 Romans 8:28 "Those that Love God"
Day 21 Ruth 1:20-21 "Call Me Bitter"
Day 22 Ruth 2:20 "God Has Not Forgotten"

SONday
Day 23 Ruth 3:10-11 "Kindness"
Day 24 Ruth 4:9-10 "Redeemed"
Day 25 Ruth 4:16 "Blessed"
Day 26 Joshua 2:1 "The House of a Prostitute"
Day 27 Joshua 2:9 "Fear"
Day 28 Joshua 2:11 "The Heart Knows"

SONday
Day 29 Joshua 2:17-18 "The Scarlet Cord"
Day 30 Joshua 6:25 "A Part of the Community"
Day 31 Luke 1:7 "Childless"
Day 32 Luke 1:13 "God Loves the Word Impossible"
Day 33 Luke 1:25 "Favor"
Day 34 Luke 1:39-45 "The Filling of the Holy Spirit"

SONday
Day 35 Luke 1:60 "Gone"
Day 36 John 4:5-6 "Jesus Went"
Day 37 John 4:7-10 "It Was Noonish ..."
Day 38 John 4:13-15 "So I Don't Have To..."
Day 39 John 4:19-24 "There is Something Different"
Day 40 John 4:28, 39, 40 "Boldness"


maybe your heart is wounded

maybe you have wounded the heart of another

maybe the wounds of your heart

seemed healed

but

God is calling you

to come to Him

broken

to

allow

Him

to

put the pieces together

and

find your healing

in His scars

in Him

as

He removes your scars 

your hurts, your pain

your suffering is one (won) with His

by His blood

by His Word

by His wounds

"you are healed"

Isaiah 53:5 


Of course, I 'saved for later' many 40 day plans and Lent ones - there are a few others that would fit in my WOW journeys ... like some devotional ones that start out with "Restart: ..." ("Stepping Out in Faith" and "Compassion and Justice"); AND "Essential Journey to the Cross" AND THEN one that is precisely named "Lent Journey" or "Devotions for Lent from Holy Bible: Mosiac". There is also a plan with just Bible readings every day: "40 Days of Lent" (47 days) no devotional. {I happen to like their photo image for this plan}.



So whatever our journey this Weds. and the next few weeks or wherever we find ourselves "Walking On Weds." as you tiptoe through the tulips, let us continue our journeys together, pressing in to God's Word and hearing Him "whisper" words, just to you ... for you ... for your healing; for your growing; for your peace, comfort and strength found in Him because He cares about you always and wants you to trust Him in your journey ... each day, each step, each tear, each heartache, each word or whisper until eternity ... He loves you! He is there with you, He understands your suffering and your triumphs equally. He is Jehovah Rapha, the One who heals ... and we all can use some healing through this season. May the Healer go with you!

<><><>

After all this, I have chosen another "journey" for Lent ... but I did not want to loose this after all the work I put into it so ... during Lent, I will be continuing all the books I am reading plus one that is special for this season from Brian Simmons (author of The Passion Translation (TPT) and Jeremy Bouma, "Grace and Hope" (a 40 day devotional for Lent and Easter). I was reminded that I had it when this week's Mon. email arrived with a perfect "whisper" and this book at the end. 

I will more than likely have to share the "whisper" as well soon. It actually would go with the title for today ... but this is already way too long. 

Day 1: "The Overflowing Fountain of God's Grace"

Yes, "Grace and" Healing

the perfect combination

for a journey with

Hope"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy