"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Sunday, April 2, 2017

SOS ~ "YOU ARE FREE" 2

Image result for you are free rebekah lyons
Clearly this session fits well with the Lent season and next week being Holy Week; and next week's Session 3, in my opinion, would be a good one for the week after Resurrection SONday-you'll see why.

...Scripture of the Week...

“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” - Romans 8:1

Other Scripture Readings: 
John 4:1-42, Romans 8:1-2, James 5:13-16


"Free to Confess"

"Free to Thirst"

"Free to Ask"


Prayer for the Week
"Jesus, Living Water, we thirst for You. Help us to be honest with You about the junk we carry around, the burdens that weight us down, the sins we’ve excused within ourselves. Help us to come to You and confess them and turn away towards You again. We love You, Jesus! Amen. " ~ from Laurie McClure at Faith Gateway
 
[image credit: FaithGateway ~Rebekah Lyon]
Discussion Questions

Question 1. Why do you think some people are hesitant to confess their sins. 
{my answer posted in comments at *FG-OBS was quite lengthy, so I only answered the one}
Question 2. How have you seen confession open up your relationship with God?


I hope to select and post some from the 3 chapters in the book, possibly venture to share my responses also here or in the comments. Of course, if you are part of the study or visit the *Faith Gateway Online Bible Study page, you can answer these there or here (wherever you feel most comfortable) and if you're not in the study yet, I encourage you to sign up or reflect on at least these and answer ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy