"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Friday, June 23, 2017

FRIDAY's FAITHGATEWAY

OBS
"The Daniel Prayer"
by
Anne Graham Lotz

Anne Graham Lotz

... as promised ...

{my side note: actually I'm not too sure its Faith Gateway's OBS, since it's not on their website like the previous ones, under STUDIES, but is a separate link to Study Gateway (which I'm subscribed to) and this particular study, if you signed up like I did before I knew about so many being available; otherwise, it doesn't look like you can access it. Of course, these two are one in the same-kinda ... with Bible Gateway too (I think) Partners :) }

so
this week was
WEEK TWO

"PREPARING FOR PRAYER"

Scriptures this Week
This week we are reading Matthew 6:5-18 using the steps we learned in the Bible Study Workshop (session one). Some of you may want to do these all at once, others may decide to separate them for your daily quiet time --- one per day over five days. If you don't have your copy of the study guide yet, you can also write your responses in a personal journal or notebook. Here is the individual break-down:

Study 1: Matthew 6:5 (pgs 28-29 in study guide)
Study 2: Matthew 6:6 (pgs 30-31)
Study 3: Matthew 6:7-8 (pgs 32-33)
Study 4: Matthew 6:9-13 (pgs 34-35)
Study 5: Matthew 6:14-18 (pgs 36-37) 


{I imagine all of this is a little late, since it'd be best to break it down throughout the week, so you take a bite and receive nourishment each day from God's Word, this Study and Prayer} Since I am more focused elsewhere ... this is how it has to be for me. 

"This week we’re learning (ed) what the Bible says about preparing for prayer. Yes, we can pray any time and any place. While running, taking the train into work, picking up kids from school, sitting in a coffee shop with a friend, washing the dishes or folding laundry at the end of a long day — these are all great times to pray. But, having a prepared place and a prepared time set aside only for Jesus is so important in order to build a solid relationship with Him… which is what we need! If we want to be powerful in prayer, first we need to know Jesus. And, in order to know Him, we need to set aside a time and a place for Him. Let’s do it this week and see what God does!"

Part One: Preparing to Pray 
(hard bound copy rather than *study guide)

1. Committed to pray
2. Compelled to pray
3. Centered in prayer

*it's the Study Guide that this Study is using that accompanies the DVDs and the book, but there is much more available in the actual book by Anne Graham Lotz, as often happens, most can't afford both. So it's Part One in the book but Session Two in the Study Guide and Session Three-Prompting in Prayer - I know I'm just confusing this.

I am and have been committed, compelled and centered!

Anne's video is a little over 17 minutes long
but packed with points

WE CAN PRAY
that
Heaven is moved and our Nation is changed
 (in my case, I need to start with my family first)

Daniel 6:10-

4 characteristics of Daniel's habit of prayer

-meet the Lord in my "prepared place
with all my materials gathered

-Daniel also prepared the time set aside
(he did so 3 times a day)

-create an atmosphere of reverence, respect
a prepared attitude focused on God

-cultivate an attitude of gratitude
look at our circumstances through the lens of God's love
and purpose, an attitude of worship and thanksgiving

PREPARE 
for the
Daniel Prayer
a place, a time, the atmosphere, the attitude

May I pray like Daniel:

Daniel 9: 4-19

I prayed to the Lord my God and confessed:

“Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments, we have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws.We have not listened to your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes and our ancestors, and to all the people of the land.
“Lord, you are righteous, but this day we are covered with shame—the people of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, both near and far, in all the countries where you have scattered us because of our unfaithfulness to you. We and our kings, our princes and our ancestors are covered with shame, Lord, because we have sinned against you. The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him; 10 we have not obeyed the Lord our God or kept the laws he gave us through his servants the prophets. 11 All Israel has transgressed your law and turned away, refusing to obey you.
“Therefore the curses and sworn judgments written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against you. 12 You have fulfilled the words spoken against us and against our rulers by bringing on us great disaster. Under the whole heaven nothing has ever been done like what has been done to Jerusalem. 13 Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come on us, yet we have not sought the favor of the Lord our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your truth. 14 The Lord did not hesitate to bring the disaster on us, for the Lord our God is righteous in everything he does; yet we have not obeyed him.
15 “Now, Lord our God, who brought your people out of Egypt with a mighty hand and who made for yourself a name that endures to this day, we have sinned, we have done wrong.16 Lord, in keeping with all your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from Jerusalem, your city, your holy hill.Our sins and the iniquities of our ancestors have made Jerusalem and your people an object of scorn to all those around us.
17 “Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary.18 Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. 19 Lord, listen! Lord, forgive! Lord, hear and act! For your sake, my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name.”
<>

my favorite podcast this week and prayer Focus for Friday
great devotional on Prayer via this song
from another new site "More Than a Song" I found and love

is the most current
perfect for
"Whispers of Rest"

<><><>
    {I hate to voice my opinion here, but I've put off writing anything about this for some time, and although this Study is not the only one (3 of mine) that is this way, I guess I've had my fill of this, and want to speak out.

    Many of these "Studies" take place in private (closed) groups on Facebook (which is great if you do Facebook and if you are a participant, because it protects your privacy somewhat). However, if you choose not to ... or have not succumbed to "joining" yet another social media site like Facebook, this 'tool' is excluding you from participating without having Facebook. I have stayed clear this far from completely being a Facebook member (?) but these type of groups are almost soliciting in a way to be part of Facebook, even though many speak about "shutting down" social media to spend time with God or family etc., this seems to be promoting being part of yet another social media. I will take this to PRAYER once again but I don't hear God calling me to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. yet I do hear others inviting us in ... which is even more concern for me, to stay away and resist being a part. I am far from a saint but I firmly see this as following the popular crowd of society and I know that alot of good probably happens because of this however, I have a real check about this just like expecting "followers" on my blog ... clearly I could write much more and many of you might wish to "defend" or point out in a Christian way the good of this, yet I am not open to debate here and thus, am closing comments. This was not at all the purpose of this post and it now may seem like it is/was due to the length. My apologies to this Study and you, if you do FB}


    COMMENTS CLOSED




    To my faithful visitors;
    all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
    I do appreciate you so much!

    Thank you for taking your time to visit!

    Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

    DIOS TE BENDIGA
    GOD BLESS YOU

    always

    Peggy