"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

ADVENT ~ Week 3

UNWRAPPING JESUS'
PRESENCE - PRESENTS


in
ISAIAH 9:6

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon His shoulder,
    and His name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
 
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (ESV)


If you've been following along with me since Advent began 3 weeks ago, you'll realize that I am not doing them in the traditional order of Hope, Peace, Joy, Love (or whatever order you are familiar with as tradition), but I am doing these to coincide with the above verse in Isaiah 9:6, so this week I am presenting:

LOVE

with

EVERLASTING FATHER

{the preposition in between those two words could be many different ones} such as:

Love of the Everlasting Father
Love from the Everlasting Father
Love to the Everlasting Father
or just
LOVE (and no word) Everlasting Father
because
He defines LOVE
HE IS LOVE
God, our everlasting Father
is
LOVE
and
LOVE
is our



... for some of us, this is contrary, or a conflict with our earthly father, who may not have represented our Everlasting Father, at all as love or loving or even fatherly and perhaps not even there, so we have no earthly comparison ... and/or he fails in comparison; then there are some of us, who have been blessed by loving, earthly fathers and it helps to understand better the love of our Everlasting Father. Truthfully, there is no reason to compare but not having that love might impair or (a)skew our perspective of Father ... and Love. 

When I look at the words in Isaiah, of our Father ... I focus mostly on the 'Ever' and the 'lasting' part as the best compound adjective to precede our Heavenly Father, who loves us all beyond inexplicable measures. 'Ever' means "at any time, at all times, always, increasingly and constantly" - now that most definitely describes our Heavenly Father, who is available to us ALWAYS ... and 'lasting' (without even looking this one up) means forever ... enduring or able to endure over a long period of time - that's our God! We put those two words together and see a Father that lasts forever, which is eternity ... HE is eternal!

So we can look forward to an eternity with an enduring love and a Father that is able to love forever. Now, this is our God! and the most beautiful part of this Christmas season from this Child born to us ... Immanuel, God with us ... truly aMazing! Isn't this why this following song, we can sing and sing over and over, or it comes to us, right when we need Him or this reminder the most? 



Casting Crowns {they were just in Mpls., MN for their Christmas tour}

For the previous weeks, we have been 

"UNWRAPPING

the Names of Jesus"

according to the Advent devotional book with that title

however, what I hope you really are doing is 

focusing on

JESUS

unwrapping

more of His Presence and

all HE truly is as we receive Him

as we prepare our hearts and lives for

MORE

LOVE

found in

... Good Shepherd (John 10:11)

... Immanuel (Isaiah 7:14)

... Son of Man (Mark 10:45); Son of God (Matthew 2:15); Son of David (Matthew 1:1); Son of the Highest (Luke 1:32)

... Man of Sorrows (Isaiah 53:3)

... Lamb of God (John 1:29) Lamb (Revelation 13:8)

the

Great

I AM
(John 8:58)

ABBA
to Jesus and us

our

EVERLASTING

FATHER

of

LOVE

email 12/18/17 from Word Ministries - Prayers that Avail Much
Everlasting Father, I thank You for giving us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Thank You for the marvelous changes in our lives – for transforming us into the image of Your dear Son. Almighty God, You have made us more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. I thank You that Your love abounds more and more in each of us as we fellowship this season with family and friends, in the name of Jesus. Amen. I Corinthians 15:57; Romans 8:37 for Family and Friends




*this is a link to a great article by Spurgeon on "His Name -- the Everlasting Father"

3 comments:

  1. {then TPT email for today} from Brian Simmons and Your TPT Team

    I HEAR HIS WHISPER...
    "The Victory of My Love"

    "A deeper place in Me is calling out to a deeper love in you. I will bring you beyond the shallow and superficial and take you deeper into My endless love. The walls will that surround you crumble and fall down to the victory of My love. When everything else fails you, My love will win the day!

    This deeper place is filled with love. Your eyes will open and you will see your troubles much differently, for your difficulties are invitations to a greater love. When you have reached the end of your hoarded resources, My love will bring you miracles. Love will open your heart to others and you will see them as opportunities to demonstrate a greater love. Come deeper into My victorious love that overcomes all things.

    I release to you a deeper, more powerful love. You will be wrapped in My presence when you embrace My love. Others may not understand the path of greater love, but I am with you. Other will see this love as weakness, but love will become a virtue burning bright within your soul. Love never fails. Come deeper into My never-failing love and you will discover the path of true holiness."

    2 Timothy 1:6-8 The Passion Translation

    "I’m writing to encourage you to fan into a flame and rekindle the fire of the spiritual gift God imparted to you when I laid my hands upon you. For God will never give you the spirit of fear, but the Holy Spirit who gives you mighty power, love, and self-control. So never be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor be embarrassed over my imprisonment, but overcome every evil by the revelation of the power of God!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I was blessed with an earthly father who showed unconditional love throughout my life...in this season of his physical and mental changes, it deepens the meaning of "everlasting" in reference to my heavenly Father...I can be reassured that He never changes and is indeed a "good, good Father"...”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... indeed He is, and your poppa! ... beautiful reflection in their daughter - you, blessed and showing their goodness in so many ways, places and in this hard season, pressed but not broken ... may you find comfort, peace and strength in our Everlasting Father and yours (with healing in God’s wings) enough to see you through and him, your mom, your hubby and his with our “good, good Father” so that it works out for the good ... and in His perfect plan.

      Thanks for sharing and the encouragement!

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy