"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Saturday, July 6, 2019

EMBRACING HIS FULLNESS 2-1

JULY
<1>
of


EMBRACED
... Knowing God is Holding Me (YouClose
2019

Part 2: 
EMBRACING
the Fullness Found Only in Him

When I thought about breaking these down, it was after I linked the ones that I was able to find, and as I began reading them daily, I discovered that I might want to share some insights or as I did in the first part, a quote of Lysa's or something personal

... but when I got to #33, which I did not link or find so you could read it also, I decided since it was and wasn't what I (or you) might have expected that I should share. Mostly because the sweet story she shared was about her fur baby, Chelsea ... which did not turn out to be as tragic as a similar story I have with one of my many fur babies doing the same thing ... and those of us who have and love our pets can dearly relate. Yet only Lysa (unlike me) can make a spiritual lesson or connection, boundaries, in part, in this case. However, this devotion of hers, perhaps is the reason God chose to spring my deer-ly delight that inspired me to write about them, since here in the midst of God's beauty in nature, I often succumb to "where brokenness runs deep" over this, that and a lifetime of healing needed, not taking note of the many other delights and blessings I do have here. Perhaps some of you are experiencing much deeper hurt and brokenness ... and found comfort in Psalm 16 or another psalm of lament, or another passage to see you through your own pain (current or past). So the story of Chelsea is what I'd like to share about my own ... not the part on boundaries or brokenness, because that would take an entire book for me.

Anyways, I was not going to write on #33, but #35, so I find myself drawn to share on both. By the time I arrived at #35, I knew I had to write. Thus the reason for a seperate blog post from the original. My writing is not as profound and concise (or spiritual as Lysa's) yet I will share in hopes that I testify, inspire or encourage - some from her and some from me. After all, she does inspire me. In fact, while in Mexico, reading Proverbs 31 Ministries' blog and the author's blogs from the team, were the inspiration for me to start blogging, before I even knew what it is/was back before 2008. I found other bloggers and memes, so little by little, I too, began to write and thought I could 'blog', knowing very little about it, I learned and made every effort ... until all this stuff on copyright, etc. and now 'cookies' (which I shouldn't have any) showed up and has made it more difficult to keep a blog going.

<2-1>
{everything boxed belongs to Lysa}

31. "The Pathway to Humility" 
Deuteronomy 8:3

"Humility will always cost us something but will be worth the price we pay." Lysa, p.98, "Embraced..."

32. "What are You Missing"
Psalm 14:3

"Seeking requires me to sacrifice the things I feel compelled to chase so I can be available to notice God's clear direction." p.102

33. "Where Brokenness Runs Deep"
Psalm 16:5-6

"Sometimes we need boundaries around our own unique struggles ..."

In Lysa's devotion, she tells a story about her sweet little dog, Chelsea, who, in her words, "... is obsessed with trying to attack the tires..." as she exercises her freedom beyond her fenced in yard to run and play whenever someone drives up the driveway. As a result one day, she had an unfortunate encounter but survived with a broken front leg and scraped-up back leg and nose. Poor baby and of course, Lysa wept ... I did too, without even seeing it, because sadly I can relate. Not with my current dog family, but a dear dachshund, Champion, who I left behind when I went to Mexico. My Champ, just like Chelsea, loved to run the length of our driveway, fiercely attempting to stop that 4 wheel beast. However, one day, one of those beasts ended up taking the life of our dear little Champ. I could hardly believe the long distance news, but I guess I was thankful not to see him that way. Later that fall, it was similar news of my dear dad, only 15 days before his 90th birthday. 

So for me, it is one devastating blow after another ... quite often. Like last year, when my spouse was in ICU after suffering a cerebellar stroke, he was doing exceptional at recovering until that 5th day of observation, when the swelling went to the front lobe of his brain causing speech and swallowing difficulties. Earlier that morning, our little papa dog, Chimi, died and now this. My spouse was discharged on Hospice Care. Then once again, made remarkable, miraculous recovery ... by November 2nd taken off Hospice because he was able to go it on his own. Then this past weekend, another stroke in a different place in his brain that caused temporary weakness and paralysis to his right side, but released already this past Monday after only 3 days, once again on his own. {at least he thinks so, I know otherwise} Yes, we all have our limits and our boundaries. By God's grace, we are given both boundaries, limitations and many chances to get our life on the right track and come to surrender to Jesus, not make it on our own, because our eternal life is not based on anything we do, on our own, it's only because of Jesus Christ. 

Champ went beyond his boundaries and it cost him his very life. My spouse has gone beyond his limits more than once now, and yet through many prayers on his behalf he was strengthened, and with self-determination (in his own eyes) he is continuing to live, although he knows his days are limited (he says he's terminal) ... in a sense, we all are, yet those of us, who have placed our lives and trust in Jesus Christ, will see our earthly terminal end become an eternal beginning of life with God, because we choose (chose) to accept Jesus as our Savior and surrendered our life to Him and His way. We are not made to be a victim of our poor choices and decisions. We are made to be victorious, overcoming children of God. (paraphrased from one of the things that Lysa wrote we need to remind ourselves

"God helps us put boundaries in place, knowing that we need more time to heal before we step outside of them. Honoring those boundaries helps strengthen us and moves us forward in our healing."

[This was in relationship to her Chelsea needing to allow 3 weeks to heal and Lysa loving her enough, to not let her go outside].

"... but my love for this dog would not permit me to allow her to harm herself. Her brokenness couldn't handle that kind of freedom."...

In my own life, I have been in that place where my brokennness could not handle that kind of freedom but also where my fragile state could not handle the brokenness nor the lack of freedom. 

Another point Lysa reminds herself when struggling and considering a compromise, is to force herself to think past the moment and ask herself "how will I feel about this choice tomorrow?" 

Other reminders from Lysa paraphrased: Boundaries need to be put in place, not for restriction, but to define the parameters of our freedom. In situations where temptation is overwhelming, one must remove the temptation or remove themselves from the situation and avoid the temptation. Frankly, after years of failing at this and ending up with awful consequences, I truly know how hard battles are and the cost of waging a war. I am not powerless but the power I have found is only by the Holy Spirit and it has taken years to rely on hearing His guiding voice and direction for me. It doesn't or hasn't taken getting ran over by the beast, but often I feel like I have and there are plenty of battle scars to show for my physical, spiritual and emotional wounds, however there also are glorious healings and growth in my journey ... as I am trying to learn much about establishing boundaries, I never had and knowing my limits. The problem is that others exceed their boundaries, limits and control and cause continuing conflicts with no resolutions. So I withdraw and isolate rather than try any longer to confront. I find myself... 

34. "Consumed by Cravings"
Psalm 84:1-2

"We were made to crave - long for, want greatly, desire eagerly and beg for - God. Only God." p.108

35. "Physically Overweight and Spiritually Underweight"
John 4:34

" Jesus wants us to know only He can fill us and truly satisfy us." p.111

Since I exceeded my limits on #33, making this so very long ... I will only briefly comment on this one because a few of these devotions are from Lysa's "Made to Crave" book and you might think that if you don't have a food issue, you don't need these devotions, but that's not so ... because you can apply much of this to your own struggle. I know I did to others but this one is. And most definitely is my "pathway to humility".

My personal comment that has to do with me physically gaining so such weight in the last 3 years since I moved back from Mexico to this 'fast food' frenzy that I am more than likely not just considered to be overweight, but obese. I do not eat alot just eat the wrong kinds of food - mainly junk. This has become a new struggle for this child of God that use to be underweight.

It more than likely is also contributing to my other health issues like high blood pressure. I know this but don't know how to change nor do I really want to ... (yeah that's fat talking). I need prayer and exercise, not diet (haha) ... I hope that my spiritual condition seriously is not 'underweight' because I'm 'overweight' in the other... it's a matter of balance. In Mexico, I maintained a weight every year that I came home, it was the same, however that too was already over my weight but not my range, so I remained comfortable with it. Please don't send me ideas or weight loss plans, though they would be good in intent, I wouldn't even drink those special powder drinks nor could I comply. I won't excuse my poor eating choices or be content as an obese person, it's embarassing. But if you pass me on the street or in those pearly gates, don't tell me, you told me so, just let me know, you were praying. I do not crave food ... I long for God, more of Him and less of me. (I guess that's also less for me but physically less of me would really be good. No sagging, bagging, overstuffed places.) I desire eagerly to have..


36. "An Undivided Heart"
Psalm 73:26

"How many times have I claimed to be a woman of faith but rarely lived a life requiring faith? "

{this kinda all runs together}
Ending with

*Prayer(s) from Lysa are like those included at the end of every devotion so...

"Dear Lord, I know that it is true that only You can fill me. I acknowledge that You are the Lord of my life. {in every areaI want to please You today {and every day} in all that I do {and am}. Help me to follow You with my whole heart. I want and need to live apart from the everybody crowd. Free me of my distractions. Remove my insecurities. You know where my brokenness runs deep. Please help me to set some healthy boundaries and to heal. {Meanwhile give me the strength I need to endure and press on facing each day and every moment with a spirit of thankfulness and a fresh breath of heaven to fill me, renew me and restore me to the redeemed daughter of God, You made me to be, and live life EMBRACING You and Your fullness, showing me how to 'love life again' with an 'unsinkable faith' in You, setting aside all that hinders me from living Christ like and full} In Jesus' precious name ... 


*a compilation of some of Lysa's ending prayers with {my own additions}...



I hope you're not overwhelmed by my many thoughts
and the length of this blog post
as I keep on

EMBRACING
His Fullness
the Fullness only Found
in Him




1 comment:

  1. “We are made to be victorious, overcoming children of God.”

    Amen and amen...yes, yes!

    The words on brokenness and boundaries gave me much to think about and I plan on rereading both yours and Lysa’s words...as always, thanks for sharing, sis!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy