"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Friday, August 9, 2019

EMBRACING HIM in the MIDST of HURT & HEARTACHE 3-1

[this is a repost of 8/3 with empty boxes completed]

AUGUST
<3-1>


EMBRACED
... Knowing God is Holding Me (YouClose
2019

Part 3: 
EMBRACING
Him 
in the Midst of Hurt & Heartache
Devotions #49-75 
(just 50-57 in this week's post)
August 2nd-9th, 2019

I heard Lysa speak on #50 & #51 at the
2018 "Set Apart" Conference
I attended to see and hear her and Liz C.Higgs

50."Is God Good?" Psalm 96:13 The Voice

...For the Eternal is on His way:
    yes, He is coming to judge the earth.
He will set the world right by His standards, and by His faithfulness, 
He will examine the people. (The Voice)

Why would a Good God allow Hurt? | Lysa TerKeurst

"God is good. His plans are good. His re-quirements are good. His salvation is good. His forgiveness is good. His restoration is good."

51."Is God Good to Me?" Romans 8:5-6

"I have to keep my mind focused on what the Holy Spirit whispers, not what my flesh screams."

<><><>
I'll be back at the end of reading these this week to share more

52."Do I Trust God to be God?" Isaiah 26:3-4

[the link isn't to that specific devotion, but covers it & #50]

"Our identity must be anchored to the truth of who God is and who He is to us."

53."The Crushing Times" 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

"We need both the winds of hardship and relief to sweep across our lives if we are to be truly faithful."

54."What I Never Noticed about Jesus" Mark 6:51-52

"I get so focused on the mess, I miss the miracles."

55."Dealing with Deep Grief" Psalm 34:18

"Dear Lord, thank You for assuring me that You promises hold true even when life seems to betray me."

56."Why Isn't God Answering My Prayer?"1 Samuel 1:20 

{I know I have asked this even though I realize He's answered or is answering me just like the quote says, His timing not mine. I finally learned about the "no" and "wait" answers. Mostly it's the when for me for long-time prayers.}

"God loves us too much to answer our prayers at any other time than the right time."

57. "A Little Mad and a Lot Confused" Psalm 61:2

{if I'm truthful with myself (and you) this is me}

"Our God is big enough to handle our honest feelings."

<>
 
Obviously if you're familiar at all with my life, or me from blog posts I've shared, then you'll already know that #55 definitely holds much of my heartache and some hurt ... because I have not dealt well with the many situations of grief in my life - loss that I must not have grieved the Christian way or well at all, not learning how to lament, grieve and move past the loss. I'm not saying forget the loss, but it's the way you let go and deal with your grief over the loss. I'm also not just referring to grief in relation to the death of a dearly departed loved one. Clearly, I am grieving other losses in addition to death: my health, my spouse's health, our marriage or all of years of an unhealthy relationship, the total loss of our home to a fire, my career and my life mission, friendships, identity, self-worth, etc. 

I'm sure I'll have much to EMBRACE in this week of devotions  and know the verse for #55, all too well! No matter what our hurt and heartache may be, we can trust that EMBRACING Him in the midst of each one will draw us closer and see us through bringing some healing and closure each step, every day, His way

GOD IS GOD
GOD is GOOD
and
HE truly is with us
in the midst of our
hurts and heartaches
EMBRACING US
so
let's trust
GOD
to be
GOD
and in
control
HE cares so much
HE loves us so deeply
HE is more than enough


When I came back and filled in the quotes, I decided that if I was to write on one of these, it would need to be a separate post, since this is far too long. Now I just need to select which one. {naw, I have and it will publish in the morning, then another preview one for the next week later tomorrow}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy