"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Building RELATIONSHIPS and Making Changes


Starting July 25th (tomorrow)

with

Pastor Rick Warren

on Daily Hope 

  "One of the great tasks of life is building awesome RELATIONSHIPS." ~Rick Warren


The 10 day plan at You Version begins with "Authentic Friendships", whereas the previous Pastor Rick teaching series on Daily Hope (back in 2016) began with "Fighting for an Awesome Marriage" (parts 1, 2, 3, 4) followed by "Fighting for an Awesome Family" (4 parts) and then "Making Friends for Eternity". The next part in the Daily Hope teaching series is "What Destroys Relationships and Builds Them". For me, this is the major message that I need, since having and making healthier RELATIONSHIPS really is what I need to change and work on in my own personal life the most. Dysfunctional RELATIONSHIPS throughout my life have weighed heavily on me and my life journey, when I finally discovered that they were. So, in addition to my 365 days of daily devotions for Christians in difficult RELATIONSHIPS, entitled "Change My Relationship" by Karla Downing, M.A. (her fabulous website and You Tube channel) share invaluable information & help.

The teaching series ends with "Becoming Best Friends with God" (3 parts) which so far has been my main concern, but it's my earthly RELATIONSHIPS, which need more work (and prayer). "Positive Prayer Strengthens Your RELATIONSHIPS" is day 8 in the You Version plan - I couldn't agree more in the necessity of this. All of your RELATIONSHIPS will benefit from positive prayer and strengthen them. Even though I am far from an expert on RELATIONSHIPS, I know and have learned through God's Word (in the Bible) what I should aim toward & change. I really am not the one to explain how to build RELATIONSHIPS but I'm sure Pastor Rick will share key points. The following are the scriptures that he shares in the 10th message of the series in the message outline (pdf)- (of course, this new teaching may change or maybe it won't; we won't know until we see it) but these are the scriptures that "destroy or build RELATIONSHIPS" in his teaching notes:

 
“Christ makes us one body and individuals who are connected to each other.” Rom. 12:5 (GW)

“What causes fights and quarrels? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but you don’t get it.” James 4:1-2 (NIV)

“Selfishness only causes trouble.” Pr. 28:25 (TEV)

“Look out for one another’s interests, not just for your own.” Phil. 2:4 (TEV)

 “The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others – and ignoring God – harvests a crop of weeds. All he’ll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God’s Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, and eternal life.” Gal. 6:8 (Mes)

 “Live freely, animated and motivated by God’s Spirit. Then you won’t feed the compulsions of selfishness.” Gal. 5:16 (Mes) 

 “Pride leads to arguments.” Pr. 13:10 (LB)

 “Pride will destroy a person: a proud attitude leads to ruin.” Pr. 16:18 (NCV)

 “First pride, then the crash – the bigger the ego, the harder the fall.” (Mes) 

“Live in harmony, be sympathetic, love each other, have compassion, and be humble.” 1 Peter 3:8 (GW)

 “ …Be humble and give more honor to others than to yourselves…your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had. Though He was God, He did not demand and cling to His rights as God.” Phil. 2:3, 5-6 (NCV/NLT)

“The fear of human opinion disables.” Pr. 29:25 (Mes)

Adam: “I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” Gen. 3:10 (NIV) 

 “Love has no fear because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid… it shows that His love has not been perfected in us.” 1 John 4:18 (NLT)

“All who proclaim that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them… We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in Him. God is love … And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid…” 1 John 4:15-17 (NLT)

“To worry yourself to death with resentment is a foolish, senseless thing to do.” Job 5:2 (TEV)

“Since my heart was embittered and my soul deeply wounded, I was stupid and could not understand.” Ps. 73:21-22 (NAB)

“Look after each other… Watch out that no bitterness takes root among you, for as it springs up it causes deep trouble, hurting many in their spiritual lives.” Heb. 12:15 (LB)

 “You must make allowance for each other’s faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” Col. 3:13 (NLT)

 “Once our lives were full of resentment and envy. But then… Christ saved us – not because we were good enough to be saved but because of His kindness and love – by washing away our sins and giving us the new joy of the indwelling Holy Spirit… all because of what Jesus our Savior did so that He could declare us good in God’s eyes.” Titus 3:3-7 (LB)

The Lord says, “Forget what happened before and do not think about the past. I am going to do something new… I will make rivers on dry land.” Isaiah 43:18-19 (GW)


God can turn around any RELATIONSHIP, even ones that seem hopeless. Perhaps God is showing you that this RELATIONSHIP is one that needs work; or one that you should consider leaving (due to its dysfunction) but still nothing is impossible for God; so first take the RELATIONSHIP to Him for healing or rebuilding or restoring; and let God determine the transformation needed and how you (& your mindset) may need to change, as you learn & discover healthy RELATIONSHIP standards versus the unhealthy or habitual rut that you have allowed to take root.
God is in the business or REDEEMING, RESTORING & REBUILDING our RELATIONSHIPS, because He can & He wants to establish with the right tools & plan. Your life and RELATIONSHIPS can be different. We all want a better life so key RELATIONSHIPS need boundaries and true truths and guidelines. 

[Rick Warren's message on Mother's Day at Saddleback Church]

Karla Downing shares 10 RELATIONSHIP-changing Principles (which is another book I have but also available to read by following that link to her website) and then each principle for specific details. Right now, I am reading "Dealing with Dysfunctional Relationship Dynamics" and have found her Resources with Challenges & Quizzes to be so helpful as well as her many videos available. Her words of wisdom and clear teachings are just what I need - my personal licensed, Christian therapist (marriage & family) and a daily dose of her 365 devotions offer me great insights into RELATIONSHIP dynamics & possibly changes I need. It does not take long for me to find a devotion that seems to be meant just for me.

God definitely is guiding and directing this 2022 One Word RELATIONSHIPS for me - I hope and pray that your lifetime RELATIONSHIPS also are being blessed by His changing, transformative - aMazing Grace & Principles of His Love - always available, always the best, as He's building us to be better at all our RELATIONSHIPS, deepening the most important One with Him, and then all the earthly ones that He deems are in need of more work and more healing and more Godly principles! I believe both Pastor Rick Warren & Karla Downing have valuable lessons to share with us. Perhaps you'll give them a try. 

Let me know if you plan to join me either with the YV reading plan Awesome Relationships or with Pastor Rick Warren at Daily Hope. Blessings on all of you and your RELATIONSHIPS!
 



1 comment:

  1. " “The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others – and ignoring God – harvests a crop of weeds. All he’ll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God’s Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, and eternal life.” Gal. 6:8 (Mes)"

    I definitely don't want to harvest any weeds in my life relationships....but sadly some creep in when I slack off on doing what I know is right. Just like summer gardens, sloth and apathy in our relationships instead of diligent care allow all types of weeds to shoot up, and if one is not careful, weeds will overtake and strangle any true growth.....don't ask me how I know this! KT

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy