"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

NOVEMBER ... with JESUS and (1) PORTRAITS

... usually in November, I set this month aside for giving God

THANKS

(and I still am giving thanks to God)

but because November has 30 days, I decided that it's perfect to start a new book

by Lysa TerKeurst and Dr. Joel Muddamalle

"30 Days With Jesus ..."

[right at the ending of my "52 Weeks With Jesus" this month & December]

 it's confirmed once more that this indeed is/was the 2023 One Word God gave me

 With

JESUS!

all thanks, glory, praise and honor

belongs to Him

as I continue


"... Experiencing His PRESENCE ..."


I have not even looked at this new book yet but I have decided it's what I will be doing for November (and whenever you choose) I hope that you, too will be reading this book. 

This book it set up for 6 weeks (5 days each week):

   WEEK 1 is PORTRAITS           Nov. 1-5
   WEEK 2     PROPHECIES      Nov. 6-10
   WEEK 3     PATTERNS           Nov.11-15
   WEEK 4     PROVISIONS       Nov.16-20
   WEEK 5     PROTECTIONS   Nov.21-25
   WEEK 6     PRESENCE         Nov.26-30

{it won't quite all fit in November if I do it week by week; and since Advent starts the 1st weekend of December (the 3rd), I need to make it work}

So that is why I have posted dates for each one instead of doing by Weeks
{there's only 4 weeks and a half}

However, looking at the content of each week, I notice that it includes workbook parts

[Your Notes] and [Your Response] here

which might be why it's 5 days each week so the weekend you can catch up (lol).

It seems pretty intense and I hope I am able to complete it in my schedule.

It appears to be a great study through the Old & New Testament,

a study of JESUS shown throughout all of Scripture

beginning to end, not just the New Testament.

It shows JESUS in the Old Testament as well.  

"in PORTRAITS - We see glimpses of Jesus through people in the Bible, as they partially fulfilled what He would later completely fulfill."

"in PROPHECIES - We see Jesus through the prophecies that tell of His coming in the flesh."

"in 
PATTERNS - We see Jesus in alternating patterns in the Bible like famine and rain, or wilderness and promised land that help us connect to the consistent reality of the presence of Jesus.

"in PROVISIONS - We see Jesus in God’s physical, emotional, and spiritual provision for the people of the Old Testament as Jesus is our perfect provision for all our needs."

"in PROTECTIONS - We see Jesus through God’s protection of His people, as we start to discover the ultimate protection we have in Him."

"in PRESENCE - We see God’s desire to be near His people since creation, and the ultimate invitation to be with Him is in Jesus."

Looking forward to yet another experience

With JESUS

through the "lenses" of the great team of these authors and 

Scriptures

from THE AUTHOR!

<>

Thank you Lysa & Dr. Joel again!

<><><>

Lysa captured my heart right away in her opening letter
after I purchased the ebook because my interest was piqued 
by reading her P31devotional and some emails previously,
and I couldn't wait! 

(so I knew right then that this was an answer from God for me & 2023 before I end the year).

<>

I am so very thankful for the

PORTRAITS

reflecting JESUS to me

in the Bible & in my life

as we start November 1st - 5th with

PORTRAITS

of

Adam & Eve (Genesis 1-2; Luke 3:21-38)
(Genesis 1:27)

Moses (Exodus 1-2; Matthew 1:18-2:15)
(Colossians 1:15-16)

Joshua (Joshua 1; Matthew 11:28:30)
 (John 10:11)

David (1 Samuel 16:7; Acts 13:22)
(Matthew 2:1b-2a)

Esther (Esther 3; Luke 19:41-44)
(1 John 4:14)

"... all their portraits (that) point to Jesus."

then on November 6th, I'll turn to the 

PROPHECIES

with JESUS and no breaks

so that's Nov. 6th to 10th

and so on.

<><><>

I'll try to check back & maybe post some, if time allows

... at least the Scriptures, we're looking at and studying to see

JESUS

in the Old & the New Testaments

<><><>


Hallowed Evening

to you all

for

All Saints & All Souls

Days

{I believe we fit both categories😉}

At least, I'm sure my youngest brother does, because he left this earthly place for 
his heavenly home after a week in a coma, 
on Nov. 2nd,1990.
[And this year, my older brother's gone, too].

It's so many years ago, Gary, 
now more years in heaven than you lived on earth. 
I remember & think of you often
'cuz I still miss you so much!
Always in my heart!

I'm give God thanks for the portrait of Jesus reflected 

by Gary to me & others

in the way he loved & served!

I thank Jesus for being Gary's friend & Savior!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy