"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
(7) Nothing is too hard for God
(8) Listen first, then plan
(9) God has a plan just for you
(10) You can make a difference
"The ability to forgive quickly is a very powerful way to show how Christianity really works. Become a model of forgiveness. Nothing creates division, hostility, and turmoil more than an unwillingness to forgive the people who hurt you. Of course, there will be times when you are absolutely right. But being right doesn't give you a free pass to punish, humiliate, or embarrass someone else. And it most certainly doesn't eliminate your responsibility to forgive." ~ Karen Wolff
a: FORGIVENESS IS NOT, AS GREEK PHILOSOPHY TEACHES, PARDONING OTHERS.
b: IN ARAMAIC, FORGIVENESS IS AN INTERNAL, SELF HEALING TOOL.
We Will Become More Forgiving
"We can't spend time with God and not become more forgiving. Because we have experienced the forgiveness of God in our lives, He enables us to forgive others. In Luke 11:4 Jesus taught His disciples to pray, "Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us." (NIV) We are to forgive as the Lord forgave us. We have been forgiven much, so we in turn forgive much."
FORGIVENESS is a crucial key of letting go and moving on. There is healing power in forgiveness. It takes away the power from the act and places it on the restoration. The act of forgiveness (for me), (was) and is NOT synonymous with condoning the hurtful event or behavior, nor does it mean I will forget what happened to me. Forgiveness simply means that you (or I) understand that holding on to anger and pain doesn’t do you (or me) any good. As soon as we can release these feelings and free ourselves from the negative energetic connections to this event, the place or the person, you have achieved forgiveness.
- Ask the Lord to reveal to your mind the people you need to forgive. Make a list
- Acknowledge the hurt and the hate. As you work through the list of people you need to forgive, state specifically for what you are forgiving them. Also state how their offenses made you feel. If you bury your feelings, you will bypass the possibility of forgiveness. You must forgive from your heart.
- Understand the significance of the cross. The cross of Christ makes forgiveness legally and morally right. The heart cries, “It isn’t fair! Where’s the justice?” It is in the Cross.
- Decide you will bear the burden of each person’s sins. This means you will not retaliate in the future by using the information about their sins against them. All true forgiveness is substitutionary , as was Christ’s forgiveness of us. That doesn’t mean you tolerate sin or refuse to testify in a court of law. You may have to do that for justice to prevail. Just make sure you have forgiven that person from your heart first.
- Decide to forgive. Forgiveness is a crisis of the will, a conscious choice to let the other person off the hook and to free yourself from the past. Your first concern is to receive freedom from your past and stop the pain. Make that decision now; your feelings of forgiveness will follow in time.
- Take your list to God and pray the following: “I forgive [name] for [list of offenses] and [how they made you feel].”
- Destroy the list. You are now free!!! Your need to forgive others is between you and God only!
- Do not expect that your decision to forgive will result in major changes in the other persons. Instead, pray for them.
- Try to understand the people you have forgiven, but don’t rationalize their behavior.
- Expect positive results of forgiveness in you. In time you will be able to think about the people without triggering primary emotions. It means you are free from them. Old feelings may try to recycle themselves. When that happens, stop and thank God for His provision and don’t pick up those old offenses again. You dealt with it; now let it go.
- Thank God for the lessons you have learned and the maturity you have gained as a result of the offenses and your decision to forgive the offenders.
- Be sure to accept your part of the blame for the offenses you suffered. Confess your failure to God and to others and realize that if someone has something against you, you must go to that person and be reconciled.
Lord, You are God of heaven and earth, and Lord of all the nations. Every person, and every family owes their well-being to You, and You alone are the source of all blessings.
I want to see my neighborhood be blessed Lord, and I know that You work Your blessings through the family. my neighborhood is just a bunch of families trying to live together in harmony and prosperity.
I’m asking for a special blessing on the families today Lord. Send forth a decree over my neighbohood that today would be a family day. Send a wind of peace and harmony Lord, over the families. Let this be a day of renewed relationships, and gratitude for family members. Strengthen the foundation of these families Lord as a channel of Your blessings for my neighborhood. In Jesus name...
Monday, September 28, 2009
I lost You a second ago Why are you in such a hurry when we just need to take it slow It’s a struggle to keep up the flow All caught up in the worry when we just need to let it go Let it go
Jesus tell me again (oh yeah!) What’s it gonna take to sink in That You’re my one reason (One reason) When the world comes crashing down on me (Me) So hard to see That You’re my one reason (You are my one reason)
Jesus tell me again (Tell me) What’s it gonna take to sink in (Sink in, sink in) That You’re my one reason When the world comes crashing down on me (Comes crashing down oh) So hard to see (So hard, so hard That You’re my one reason
Jesus tell me again (tell me, tell me, what’s it gonna take) What’s it gonna take to sink in That You’re my one reason (My one) When the world comes crashing down on me (On me) So hard to see (That You’re my, You’re my) That You’re my one reason
This song goes so well with the excellent series "FREEDOM TO HEAR GOD" with Sandy over @ God Speaks Today...if you've not been reading along, you must check it out, especially the recent ones on BUSY-ness!(we're up to #10) and we all need to HEAR GOD on this.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Visit their site often for other words of encouragement...GO back Wednesday night (or anytime after) for a blog post dedicated to a discussion on week 1 in your workbooks.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to work in ANDREW’s family, bringing a greater witness of the reality of Jesus to those that are saved and those who are lost. Redeem this circumstance for Your glory because You alone are worthy!
You are sufficient. Nothing is impossible. We ask that the infection leave in Jesus Name and along with it, all pain so that all headaches end NOW. Kill off all cells that do not belong and restore the good ones to full strength to combat the unseen. We believe for a miracle for ANDREW in Jesus Name. We speak LIFE to ANDREW, strengthen his spirit, mind and body...help him to fight a good fight, a victorious one. By Your stripes, ANDREW is healed. We exalt You, as his HEALER! Thank You for all You are doing for each member of the family. Thank You for the wisdom and compassion that You are ordaining the perfect steps of each medical person involved! Bless each one! May this build their faith in You! We give You all glory, honor and praise for healing ANDREW and we thank You now and forevermore. This battle is Yours LORD! We call on You to go before, along side & behind ANDREW, his mother, Melanie & his father and the entire family giving them peace, comfort, assurance, strength, wisdom, divine power, endurance and even JOY! May ANDREW's smile return to brighten their hope in You!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
"Ricky Martin Fights Human Trafficking at Clinton Summit"
New York, NY – "When Ricky Martin took the stage at the Clinton Global Initiative on Thursday, he did not sing, or dance, or even flash his trademark grin. Following the same stage directions as dozens of other celebrities who dropped by Clinton's 5th annual global summit, from Brad Pitt to Bono to Jessica Alba, Martin struck a somber note while discussing the fight against human trafficking. "I feel that my heart is going to come out of my mouth," he said, recounting his sadness for the "millions of children that didn't make it." Martin was followed by testimony from a woman who, along with her two children, was kidnapped and held for four years of forced labor. Then Luis C de Baca, a former counsel to Rep. John Conyers who now serves as President Obama's chief diplomat for combating human trafficking, explained that between 12 and 27 million people are enslaved around the world today. In its official materials, The Clinton Global Initiative notes that the higher estimates mean there are more people enslaved "than at any other time in human history," though that's the kind of factoid that says more about population growth than the scope of the problem. But the numbers are daunting by any measure. And the policy experts who huddled on Thursday stressed that many obvious measures to combat trafficking are simply not being applied. About 90 percent of countries do not have dedicated police units for investigating trafficking, according to Clinton's organization, and many governments simply look the other way. Only one out of three governments around the world provide basics like emergency phone lines for children and families who do not know where to turn when faced with a kidnapping. While just about everyone is against slavery, on Thursday several panelists advocated a "different kind of capitalism" to punish companies that support forced labor at any point in their supply chain. Some American companies have agreed to boycott suppliers that use forced labor, as the International Labor Rights Forum's Tim Newman has documented, but not all. (He credits Wal-Mart, Target, Levi's, Gap, and H&M for boycotting Uzbek cotton produced through forced labor, for example, while Fruit of the Loom did not.) President Clinton personally highlighted the fight against human trafficking by giving a "2009 Global Citizen Award" to Ruchira Gupta, who made the Emmy-award winning 1997 documentary Selling of Innocents. She went on to create an organization that combats sex trafficking with education and preventive programs in India." "
|"Let’s unleash the most powerful fighter, defender of the oppressed, champion of good and enemy of evil. Let’s join together to pray to God daily for the abolition of modern-day slavery.|