"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, January 12, 2020

JANUARY PROMISES (3)

continuing further with
[source:365promises(dot)com]

JANUARY PROMISES from 365promises 

JANUARY 12 - PROMISE #12
I am at work in your life through the desires of your heart.
Philippians 2:13

JANUARY 13 - PROMISE #13
I will give you rest in green pastures and lead you to still waters.
Psalm 23:2

JANUARY 14 - PROMISE #14
I give My Spirit in unlimited measure.
John 3:34

JANUARY 15 - PROMISE #15
I will take hold of your hand to keep you from falling.
Psalm 37:24

JANUARY 16 - PROMISE #16
I will provide every good thing you need to do My will.
Hebrews 13:20-21

JANUARY 17 - PROMISE #17
I will discipline you in love, as a father who loves His children.
Proverbs 3:11-12

JANUARY 18 - PROMISE #18
My power will rest on you when you are weak.
2 Corinthians 12:9

JANUARY 19 - PROMISE #19
I will bless your life and keep watch over you always.
Numbers 6:24


Blog Promises shared in other 2 posts for

January 1 to 4 (1)

January 5 to 11 (2)
linked to my blog posts

however
each of those promises in the box above are linked to
365promises website



"Praying the Promises of God"

12. Get by Giving-Proverbs 3:9-10
13. My Innermost Being-Psalm 11:4
14. Pure Promises-Psalm 12:6
15. Don't Be Afraid-Matthew 10:29-31
16. His Promised Rest-Matthew 11:28-30
17. The Life-Changing Power of His Name
Matthew 12:21 
18. A Wonderful Inheritance-Psalm 16:5-6


... DAILY GUIDANCE ...
verses so far
Daniel 12:3
*******
1 Samuel 10:7
Lamentations 3:56
Psalm 119:128
Hebrews 4:12
Matthew 5:8
Proverbs 31:30
Proverbs 3:6



I have this in my Kindle, and currently only $1.99 {well worth it, in my opinion}

I shared an example last week from the YV devotional of this book.

Here are two more for this week:

"God Promises Good Plans for Your Life" 
(day 3 YV or 15 in book)
Jeremiah 29:11-12

"These powerful words are part of a letter from the prophet Jeremiah to the Jews who had been exiled to Babylon. Their beloved city, Jerusalem, had been destroyed, and the people had been carted away from the land. Things could not have been much worse. Yet this was what God had promised if the people continued their disobedience.

Reading 1 and 2 Kings will quickly reveal the depth of the people’s faithlessness. So great is God’s love, however, that He promised to bring His people home again (see Jeremiah 29:10). Then follows the amazing promise that God has plans for them—good plans—that give them a future and a hope. When they pray, He will listen.

As God’s people today, we also can claim this promise. God does have plans for us, plans to prosper and not to harm, plans that will give us a future and a hope.

God’s plans are good. Thank the Lord for the promise of good plans full of hope.

God's Promise to Me
• I have plans for your life.
• When you pray, I will listen.

My Prayer to God
Thank You for Your plans, Lord. You promise that when I pray, You will listen. Help me persevere in seeking You. In seeking You, I know that I will find You. "


"God Helps His People" 
(day 4 YV or 17 in book)
Psalm 107:19 & 21

A few questions for those with a tendency to worry (pause briefly and ponder each one):
• What situations in life are you most worried about right now? Why?
• Of the various situations currently prompting anxiety in your life, which can you personally change?

Over what issues do you have absolutely no control?
• What are the inward and outward signs that something has got you really concerned and nervous?
• List all the benefits of worrying. What are some of the drawbacks?
• Is worrying a “sin”? Why or why not?
• How do you think God feels when his children are panicky and anxious?
• Why do some people seem almost immune to worry?
• When is the last time you truly felt at peace?

Instead of worrying, you can cry out to God for help. In times of trouble, trust in God’s unfailing love.

God's Promise to Me
• When you cry out to me, I will help you.

My Prayer to God
God, I’m crying out to You for help. Help me trust that You will come to my rescue.


In the book "Once-A-Day ... Bible Promises"
Day 12 "God is Thinking about You" Psalm 40:17
Day 13 "God Disciplines His Sinning Children" Psalm 32:3-4
Day 14 "God Offers Rest" Psalm 62:1
--- above
Day 16 "God Forgives the Repentant Soul" Psalm 51:16-17
--- above
Day 18 "God Makes You Secure" Isaiah 41:10

<><><>

I also picked up another little book "God's Promises for You" by Max Lucado, which seems to contain many promises by subject but also contain small devotional portions of other books by him for each of the given topics: love, faith, hope, truth, strength, contentment, patience ... and many more. This is similar to "Bible Promises for Women" because it shares the verses under a given topic. In Max's book, these topics are under main sections, divided into the following:

Promises to Give Insight
Promises about God
Promises about Christian Living
Promises of Guidance
Promises about Personal Relationships
Promises of Wisdom
Promises about Jesus
Promises when You have Special Needs
Promises of Assurance
Promises about the Christian Life

My main problem is that I'm sure between all these sources that there will be duplication of verses of God's Promises and I still haven't figured out where I am suppose to focus or how to organize. Only 2 of the books have a Scripture Index, so this is why I am using all of these at this time plus the 2 reading plans at You Version. I enjoy having the verses in the categories as well. So this is why I follow along with One Year ones and share from the categories of the other (this far, I am not sharing the verses from Max's book). With so many promises of God, it looks like I need all of these sources until I get a better grip on which ones are meant for me in particular or perhaps meant for loved ones (and it's up to me to share them when needed). The most important lesson so far is that ALL these promises are given to us from God in His Word; and I, for one, have a difficult time understanding how each of these scripture verses are Promises, so I'm glad when these books point out the promise. I've read the Bible many years and have so much still to learn & better understand how God is speaking to me personally in my life journey (the Holy Spirit & others do help me), but I need to hear God's whisper clearly and concisely. Looking at His Promises is the best way for me to embrace and "find that His Promises speak of His personal passion for" me (for each one of us). [the quoted part is from Max Lucado's forward] As God draws near to me in 2020, I desire to draw closer and closer to Him and receive His Promises. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy