"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

ONE WORD among MANY - JANUARY PROMISES (1) 1-4

[source:365promises(dot)com]

*when I looked at how long this list of January Promises appears, 
I decided to break it down and post each week rather than the full month

JANUARY PROMISES from 365promises 

JANUARY 1 - PROMISE #1
 I am the Lord your God and I never change.
Malachi 3:6

JANUARY 2 - PROMISE #2
I am full of mercy and grace and I overflow with love.
Psalm 103:8

JANUARY 3 - PROMISE #3
The intentions of My heart will remain steadfast forever.
Psalm 33:11

JANUARY 4 - PROMISE #4
I created you in My own image with My special blessing.
Genesis 1:27-28

*I will be checking if these change for 2020
-they look the same so far but
It really doesn't matter, they are still God's Promises

<>

So far, I have 2 other books besides 365 website that I will be using for 2020 and a few pdfs. I shared one of these books here previously on my blog (perhaps only in a book review).

The One Year 
Praying the Promises of God

Bible Promises for Women

I received the Bible Promises for Women as a gift from a dear precious sister in Christ and friend. It is simply beautiful from cover to cover! However, you hopefully will see or notice some as I am able to share from this in 2020.

Before I even begin to share from my books that highlight
the Bible Verses of God's Promises,
for many years but especially
2020
I believe that I need to claim these first two Bible Promises:

(Bible Hub)

NIV "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household." NLT “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household.” TPT “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved—you and all your family.” The Voice-Paul and Silas: Just believe—believe in the ultimate King, Jesus, and not only will you be rescued, but your whole household will as well." Acts 16:31

Joshua 24:15
(Bible Hub)

{only the last part of the verse}

"...But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." NIV
FOR MY HOUSEHOLD
FOR MY FAMILY
(those who live here, have lived here, or somehow are related)

These are classic verses for salvation, so I'm sure that they will show up again in the readings of these books and others.


In The One Year Praying the Promises of God (book on the left), the Promises come in the devotionals & end with a prayer and it's considered to be a companion book to The One Year Bible so the readings move chronologically throughout the year as in yearly reading plans that include a reading from the Old Testament, the New Testament, Psalms, or Proverbs. So each day shares a reading from one of those parts of the Bible, not all 4 as many plans do. 


January 1 - January 4 (only)

1. Fruitfulness - Psalm 1:2-3
2. Faithful & True - Matthew 2:15
3. Walking with God
Genesis 5:23-24
4. Calling Toward -
Genesis 12:1

With the book on the right, Bible Promises for Women, the Promises are divided into categories (16). Starting with:

Daily Guidance

... then it seems that each scripture verse has either
a prayer or a meditation (devotion) like the following:

1 Timothy 2:1-2 "Life is full of trade-offs, Lord, and I need to make one."...

Proverbs 4:23 "God, we live in a fast-moving time. There are so many distractions."...

1 Samuel 16:7 "When teetering here on the "cutting edge" of technology, cyberspace, and everything in between, O God, it is reassuring to know that from the beginning of time, You guide, direct, and hear our voices as we continue to ask for guidance. Our scenery changes but You are eternal."

Numbers 14:20-21 "Lord, the best way I know to say thank You for Your wonderful guidance is to try to be the kind of person You have taught me to be. Please continue to lift me up every day as I strive to be my best self."


I came to write a blog today, thinking I would do a Promise a Day, but I don't think I could keep this up for the full year and have not yet decided how. For now, at least, once a week, most likely on Sunday evening, but i won't PROMISE. I'm not as good as God about keeping my promises. Perhaps this is why, it's my Word for 2020.

I also wanted to do an initial post of my new One Word for 2020. I hesitated only because I began thinking I was receiving other words like faith ... when I decided on Promise, there were other 'p' words that surfaced like my passion, pray(er)(ing), purpose, praise, principles, Presence, ... Then I read about a Life Word and reread about One Word, thinking I needed a confirmation when I found out (I think) that I was not really understanding this One Word concept. As I was rereading it seemed that what you should be looking at is picking One Word of a needed change you need to make. (???) In reality, I need all kinds of changes so this is so you have a single focus. I do need that, that's for sure. In all the previous years, I have never done this, this way. 

My One Word” is an experiment designed to move you beyond this cycle. The challenge is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE WORD.

This process provides clarity by taking all your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single focus. Just one word that centers on your character and creates a vision for your future. So, we invite you to join us and pick one word for the next twelve months. LEARN HOW! "

Course, I was not one to do resolutions either.

Yet, 2020 is special, it's not just the beginning of a new year but a new decade. So I certainly want to get this right. I pray that focusing on God's Promises will remind me of His steadfast love. I will consider the Promise of His Presence in everything from the mundane to the miraculous. Looking at my blog title of aMazing Grace, I am reminded that added to this Grace is my list of M's: Mazes, Messes, Miracles... and the best is Miracles! However, I've had to get through those "mazes" and "messes" to discover that all along, I've been surrounded by His aMazing Grace and His Presence ... As I search His Promises in His Word, I will find hope to strengthen my heart. I pray that you also will as I share this year and in your One Word. 

"...God's Promises are not platitudes; they are Powerful statements of who He is and what He does."

{Bible Hub, is linked, which, by the way, shows many versions at once}

The Bible is full of God's Promises.
In fact, from what I've been reading, there's between 
3,000 to 30,000{kinda exaggerated, I think}

So now to focus ... and I'll settle for what a YV plan says:
"7,487 promises in the Bible"

and starts me out with

which certainly is more than a
year's worth
and
those listed in my books
plus the
by Barry Adams
{which you can also follow by going to their site daily}

Picture

If you have One Word, please share in the comments or if you have any clarification or confirmation for me, please let me know. Thank you and

A Blessed and Happy New Year
2020

Image result for happy new year 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy