"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, February 18, 2024

FOCUS for LENT WEEK 1


My overall FOCUS Word for this entire 7th week of 2024 is:

NOTICE


"God did this so that they would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from any one of us." Acts 17:27 NIV

except I noticed that the One Word "notice" is not mentioned at all in this verse

yet "notice" occurs 121 times in 11 translations
according to the "Knowing Jesus" site

and Bible Hub search shows 326 results
with Webster's Revised Abridged
sharing 8 definitions of
NOTICE

As I read through the definitions, searching for "seek" or "reaching out & finding" once again I don't find any word indicating "notice" or others in this verse. But the first definition shows "an act of noting" for notice - with just similar roots. I guess that seeking, reaching out & finding Him are ways (or acts) of noting - thus "noticing" Him. I am sure that after reading the devotion, I will grasp the connection even better. Because for me, I am clearly aware of God's very existence as I draw close to Him, especially after spending time with Jesus (all of 2023 as my One Word) and in specific prayer since the end of last year (I'm always in prayer), seeking more of Him; but there are many who aren't even looking, much less noticing Him, even when He is not far ... with all that is happening in the world, it's difficult to "notice" Jesus, if we His people are not shining & showing others that He is here, He is among us, He is with us - not far even when we can't see Him, we should be seeking Him and reaching out for Him, in helping others reach and find Him. We need to reflect Jesus. When you find yourself in the mundane ordinary of your life this week, look around you and "notice" God. I know I will ...

"Jesus, help me to 
NOTICE
You!
I know You're everywhere."

Psalm 144:3 NLT
James 1:17 ESV
Genesis 28:16
Psalm 26:3


After "noticing" God throughout my week by focusing on my main One Word for the week, I'll continue with my special LENT One Words, one for each day, as noted back in this blog post from the book or video. I will "Pause" with the following words for this week - one each day:

STILL
LOVE
LIGHT
"ASK, SEEK, KNOCK"
REBUILT
OBEDIENCE
<>

The reading for this First Sunday of Lent is from the gospel of Mark; chapter 1; verses 12-15.
The key words or One Words that I am focusing on from this Bible reading are: 

Kingdom, Repent and Trust

Each One Word can and will transform our lives, as we focus and take notice!πŸ˜‰
seeking these key words in His Word



"Thank You God that in the Cross we experience Your power to save. When we could not save ourselves, You saved us (willingly). Thank You for Your incomprehensible love for all creation." from "Gathered into One" *

*Continuing into 2 Corinthians this week

<>

Also I'll be in Week 2: The Purpose of Lament from Michele Cushatt's book: 
"A Faith that Will Not Fail"

I'm finishing with Prayers for Revival and the Psalms 
(67-72 for me & my state) 
with 
"If We Will ... then He Will"

<>

I will continue to

ASK, SEEK & KNOCK

as I am practicing to be

STILL

allowing His LOVE to LIGHT each day

as I pray for a nation 

REBUILT

with

OBEDIENCE

to the law & order; our constitution

God

sums up

His Law in Two 

“'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. '
This is the first and greatest commandment. 
And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. '”

and so should we follow these, for

God alone is God!
He alone is worthy of our praise!
Seek His Kingdom!

Pray for the Souls of our Nation
and the World

After this past week, we really need to seek God
fervently and an end to all this evil in words and actions
that is so rampant among us
God have mercy
Save us!

Revive Us
once again
in our churches, our government, 
our streets, our schools
our homes
our πŸ’–s

πŸ™


So that's what I'm doing this week.
πŸ’™

Thankful
for the many ways
I
NOTICE
God
in my life
in others, in a message, in a conversation
in a blessing, in nature,
in all I read

πŸ’™


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy