"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, July 28, 2024

4th July FOCUS: One Word - MOVEMENT

For the month of July, these will be the 4 One Words for us to "Focus" on:




MOVEMENT
July 28

<><><>

This week's


 FOCUS 
is
MOVEMENT

in our opening of the devotional

with this Scripture verse

Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. Romans 12:1 NASB

I'm almost ready to break my general format here & read the devotional before I share this blog post, as I look at all the words for this month, searching for some thread, or correlation or any clue at all as to what or how MOVEMENT fits (and the Topical definition didn't help) nor does Romans 12:1 scripture verse so I decided to read a bit further in Romans 12, before I break my own rule & read CCR's devotional. And then I find the One Word FOCUS in verse 9.

Reading in The Passion Translation (TPT): 

Let the inner MOVEMENT of your heart always be to love one another, and never play the role of an actor wearing a mask. Despise evil and embrace everything that is good and virtuous. Romans 12:9 

In my search for the One Word: MOVEMENT in God's Word;
I encountered another verse not too far 
from the above verses,
 just a few chapters back, but this time in 
The Voice:

Now we are able to live up to the justice demanded by the law. But that ability has not come from living by our fallen human nature; it has come because we walk according to the MOVEMENT of the Spirit in our lives. Romans 8:4 VOICE

In all honesty, this is more what comes to mind to me, when I hear the word

MOVEMENT

(except for MOVEMENT as regards social movements: 
organized efforts by a large number of people to bring about change)

Usually a social movement is to "bring about or impede
social, political, economic, or cultural change" 
but might I also include spiritual, such as a PRAYER MOVEMENT or
as the last verse indicates a MOVEMENT of the Spirit
(hopefully all prayer movements are)
Often a Spiritual Movement is one for REVIVAL!

{don't get me started on how much this nation and our world needs this one}

Yet each week in July as we approached this last One Word, especially back at PRAYER, 
my thoughts were headed in this direction and most certainly when 
Paul is URGING us ... we need to listen and act

I just happened to look up steps to build a MOVEMENT and I found that 
choosing your cause, reading up on your cause, spreading the word and being creative
are just the initial ones suggested; yet it seems like the book of ACTS attempted this but

"... the MOVEMENT fell apart" (VOICE, Acts 5:37)

Other verses in ACTS with our One Word: MOVEMENT
Acts 5:36(NLT); 5:37 (VOICE); 5:38 (AMPC); 5:39 (TPT)

Acts 9:24 (TPT); 15:7 (Voice); 17:5 (Voice); 22:4 (Voice); 28:22 (NLT)

<>

Once again, I'm very tempted to read the devotional first 
by Cleere Cherry Reaves 
before I write 
(I'm sure that you wish I just would do that 
every time) 
but sometimes or many times, I do these, 
hoping for a MOVE of the Spirit
as to what He might want me to share as His vessel with the One Word prompt.

Some times, God's Spirit is just waiting to lead, guide; or for me, just burst forth 
{although at times it may look as if I'm headed down a rabbit hole, 
or rambling on with no real message or point
but when ... (or until)
I look back or read it over, I can tell it wasn't me writing any longer
or what I thought that I was suppose, 
or intended to write;
because before I sit down to begin typing, I pray.

Now it may not look like it to you,
but ya' gotta trust me,
I go with the flow.
(lol)

<>

Back to the definition of

MOVEMENT

{which I tend to really dislike when they do this 
in any definition}

"the act of moving"

however, I'm thinking this is more powerful than 
it appears - followed by

"... change of place or posture..."

the rest of the definition - this first one, then 
5 more may make a difference as
you read the devotional, and/ or search 
for scriptures that have the 
One Word: MOVEMENT

because we all have different perspectives about MOVING or MOVEMENT

{yep, that was a 'rabbit hole' but for some reason,
 I think it's key for our frame of mind}

<>

When I looked at the search that I usually do 
for the One Word in our devotional book 
(or even in the various translations) 
for MOVEMENT in God's Word,

the sentences in the devotional seem to indicate that I'm not even close to how CCR is using MOVEMENT

since we're on separate pages of thought,
  I'll skip sharing any quotes for now

because the FOCUS TIP alone lets me know, 
I'm pretty far off base.

<>

Here are the other scriptures for this week:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV
1 Thessalonians 5:23 NASB
Romans 8:10-11 NASB
1 Corinthians 10:31

and as often is the case the concluding statement is my favorite quote 
(so I'll share that)
{I saw it when I read the FOCUS tip that had MOVEMENT}

"Move. Get outside of yourself and do diligence to the gift of life you've been given. Moving your feet helps you put everything else at His feet." CCR

I paused after I read "get outside" and was going to comment that this is exactly my plan for this beautiful day - to get outside. But she went on to write something even more important.

"Get outside of yourself" which goes perfectly (of course) with the verses and the 1st definition of "change of place or posture" and definitely with the quote. We (the world, our society) would benefit a great deal to "get outside of ourselves" - to think of others before our own selfish needs and as CCR further recommends to "do diligence ..." 

{I'm skipping the rest of that part about our precious gift of life given to each one of us and should be valued much more than "WE" as a whole seem to be failing at doing miserably}. 

I took the time to look up what these mean:

"to get outside of ourselves" [one source] "It means you let go of what you want, what you think you need or should have (beyond the bare necessities obviously) what you think other people should give you, what you think you are entitled to, of your beliefs about what you think the world should be, how your family should be, etc...." - stepping out and watching your own interactions and see yourself - what you do and how you act {ouch, a real self evaluation] "Take a step back, take a step out, remove yourself from the circumstances, the situation, the stress, the thoughts, the pressures" {this is the best one for me!}

"do diligence" (or possibly due diligence) [source] dictionary of "diligence":
steady, earnest and energetic effort: devoted and painstaking work and application to accomplish an undertaking; so DO this by doing what follows in CCR's quote "moving your feet"

showing our gratitude to God

"Jesus, when I move, I feel You work"

after all

"In Him, we live, and MOVE and have our being"
Acts 17:28

A song, a verse, and my belief; and now back 
to another point that I was making on

MOVEMENT

"... But if this MOVEMENT is of God, 
you won’t be able to stop it. 
And you might discover that you were fighting God all along!”
[Gamaliel’s words convinced the council].
Acts 5:39 TPT

Isn't it time for a some 

MOVEMENT?


"outside of ourselves" and with "due diligence"

or simply walk away - take a walk outside

both are good advice
😉


Next Week:

We MOVE right into AUGUST

One Words

so you'll have to squeeze the

TAKING INVENTORY

in, 

if you haven't already done them

Or else, wait to do July & August together 
the first weekend of September
because there will be NO post on September 1st.

😉💙😉



[this was written on the day of the Celebration of Life of Tim Anderson (former student's) 
being held today at an Athletic Field facility. 
I will go (masked) & be there for the family🙏]


2 comments:

  1. I hope attending your student’s Celebration of Life brought some comfort and solace to your soul, sis.

    Reading your thoughts on the OW always puts me in the right frame of mind to read what the book has to offer! You didn’t fail to deliver yet another time, so thank you for your insight and wisdom!

    So I read the CCR pages from the point of view of more movement of the mind as to physical movement of the body although I can relate to that as well. Certainly physical movement is very beneficial (and necessary) to body, mind, and spirit, but as one with disabilities that make this difficult many times, I propose that when our thoughts become stagnant, the whole person is effected. CCR writes “movement is less about how far we are walking and more about walking in gratitude” and “allow what we visibly see to establish greater trust in what we cannot see”.

    I experienced that very thing this past weekend. For 4 days I was pet sitting with my son's 3 dogs and 3 cats. They are all seniors like me, so Nanna was able to keep up with everyone and keep them happy. Was it fun? Absolutely! Was it exhausting? Absolutely! My favorite part was going outside in the front yard that is huge with dozens of shade trees and includes a fence, covered porch, and rocking chairs. While the dogs patrolled the yard , I enjoyed peace and quiet and many conversations with the Lord, but mainly tranquil solitude in the presence of the One my heart adores. I came home smelling of dog, but my spirit was refreshed and renewed because my mind experienced movement into God’s holy temple.

    My favorite part of the book was: “Movement gets our blood flowing so that our mind can better handle the reality of our situation while letting the reality of heaven be our guide.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for your thoughtful & comforting words for my soul!

      Clearly my OW words on MOVEMENT did not align with CCR's devotional meaning for it! Your kindness to me is so encouraging. However, your 3rd paragraph shared some very key points as regards physical movement & I totally agree with you! In fact, I almost chose to share that 1st quote from CCR but what you tied together with it is excellent & connects with such truth. I can tell you speak (write) from experience & wisdom besides your heart. Yet it's that beautiful weekend experience of love, fun, & exhaustion with fur family care that touched my heart & spoke to my soul that HE met you in those moments & your renewed & refreshed spirit was the ultimate MOVEMENT that your precious mind & body needed. Pets have their way to bring healing & joy. This is why your grateful attitude shows even with your final favorite part; & your mind & spirit became one flow so that you might better handle your current reality with a heavenly perspective & release. God's MOVEMENT alive in you & your critters in nature where His Presence embraced & dwelt & communed with you to touch your soul where it longed to receive for quite some time & so that 4th paragraph is my favorite & the best & most beautiful example of MOVEMENT & I rejoice & pour out my thanks & much appreciation that you shared as only you can do & express so well. Gives me goosebumps & tear filled corners of my eyes as I imagine so vividly (as if I was there). Such a blessing you are in the way you bless me in your comments - always. Thanks 😊 💚🙏🏼🙌🏼🕊️🤗

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy