"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, July 7, 2024

FOCUS: July One Words - 1st One: RELEASE



For the month of July, these will be the 4 One Words for us to "Focus" on:

RELEASE
July 7

PRAYER
July 14

JOY
July 21

MOVEMENT
July 28

<><><>

I will RELEASE the
One Word 


 FOCUS 
which is

RELEASE

{ta daaah!}

and the devotional's main Scripture Verse is from

Philippians 3:13 NIV

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.

but no RELEASE in that verse

As you know by now, when I prepare this blog post,

I still have not read the devotional yet

sometimes, I do a quick search of the FOCUS: One Word

in the devotional, but not for this week

as I think of the One "Word

RELEASE

and ask God to fill me with His love,

comfort and peace"

However, I will link to my topical search of RELEASE with the definition, etc.

and let you know that there are plenty of verses available with this

One Word: RELEASE

The other verses given for this week's RELEASE devotion are:

2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV; Proverbs 28:13 NIV;
Isaiah 46:4 NKJV; Psalm 55:22 GW


"Jesus, What I RELEASE,
You redeem."

Thank You Redeemer!

<>

Let's RELEASE some of those feelings - old & new - honestly; 
and allow 
Jesus in
to walk with us through these as 
He redeems & restores 
our brokenness 
and reaches into our hearts & minds 
to set us free as we actually let go.


There is nothing too big or too small or impossible

that Jesus can't carry (and fix).

After all, He's our Burden Bearer! Our Redeemer!

I have much to

RELEASE

(perhaps you do also)

stuff that you've allowed to get stuffed inside

pent up 'old' past baggage

that you thought you

either dealt with then or somehow it disappeared

(but not really)

it was still there and it's time to let it go

RELEASE

empty it out and be filled anew

it might not be the "new year" time of resolution

but we can always resolve & start again

each moment of each day

a new heart
 

for the heart of stone

a new spirit

FREE

from the old flesh:

thoughts, habits, emotions, struggles

everything

that you might need to

RELEASE

still

<>

It's OK

it's time to experience

being filled by the

Holy Spirit

breathe old out

inhale new in


HOLD

BE STILL

🙏


{not sure why I chose the C.S. Lewis quote & image, but it's good, so I left it}

Now to read the devotional by Cleere Cherry Reaves (CCR)

to be blessed & encouraged by her wisdom

to see how far off my own blog post on

RELEASE

may be

Nonetheless,

I clearly need to let go of much:

RELEASE and be REDEEMED

by the Spirit's power

in Christ Jesus!

🙏


4 comments:

  1. “But here’s the thing: we owe nothing to what we used to believe about anything. We don’t have to explain to ourselves or to anyone around us the whys or the whats or the hows. But what we must do is remind our heart that anything our mind remembers, God has already redeemed. Any thought pattern, lie, or struggle we have had, we get to move forward in a different way. And how is that? By stepping into the truth. “

    That’s from the book and in bold font is the sentence that really spoke to me. And wow, what a timely statement for me to pass along to a loved one going through a crisis today!

    Thank you, Peggy, and thank you, Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the bold font didn’t work.

      “ But what we must do is remind our heart that anything our mind remembers, God has already redeemed.”

      Delete
    2. Yes, Amen!!! (sorry that the bold part didn't work-no surprise) Thank you for posting that particular part again and I agree it's very timely and encouraging for anyone but thankful you could pass it on to your loved one in crisis! Always God's timing & perfect reminder! Very freeing statements from CCR in this devotional on RELEASE, especially what you chose to share. Let us step into the Truth in everything! and move forward! [insert my 2 emojis that probably won't work either or "hands raised" and "praying hands"]

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy