"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, September 8, 2024

FOCUS: September ONE WORDS

For the month of September, these will be the 4 One Words for us to "Focus" on:

CULTIVATE
week of September 8

ILLUMINATE
week of September 15

[credit image: Bible Hub]

COURAGE
week of September 22

BEAUTY
week of September 29

<>

As I attempted in August, I'm going to perhaps try again & do it this time in August -
to only post this one blog post for the entire month.

The One Word in BOLD type will be the One Word FOCUS that week.

For now, I will be sharing the basics:

Scripture(s)

[I plan to LINK the One Word to Bible Hub Topical search]

As I have done with the 1st One Word, 
I hope to add 

at least that much each week for the other 
One Words weekly.

These One Words are so very important 
this fall & always, so

Let's


week of September 15

"to supply or brighten with light, to make clear"
definition given by CCR in opening sentence

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works & give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16 ESV

Daniel 5:14 NASB; John 1:9 NASB; Luke 11:34 NLT; Ephesians 1:18 NASB

"Jesus, when I abide, You illuminate."


[You can STOP reading HERE until next week]

AND the COMMENTS

share please

<>

week of September 22

Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD! Psalm 31:24 ESV

Deuteronomy 31:6 NKJV; Psalm 56:3-4 CSB;
Psalm 27:1 NKJV; Joshua 1:9 NIV

"Jesus, You are near. Make me courageous."

Yes, Lord, more COURAGE every day 
as we wait for You.

<>

week of September 29

"... open your eyes to what God sees as BEAUTIFUL ... " 
and thank Him for all the BEAUTY He reveals to you. 

For all that is in the world-the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes & pride of life-is not from the Father but is from the world. 1 John 2:16 ESV 

1 Peter 3:3-4 NIV; Song of Solomon 4:7 ESV;
1 Samuel 16:7 ESV; Psalm 27:4 ESV

"Jesus, Your BEAUTY surrounds. Help me to see."

<><><>

YOU may CONTINUE HERE

I apologize for only proposing to share one blog post for the entire month.

If time becomes more available, and my thoughts more FOCUSED,

I hope that I am able to share more, 
because I value being able to
read CCR's devotional each week and

FOCUSing on One Word

and her FOCUS TIP 
provided each week is so helpful.

I hope that you come back here each week 
and share your thoughts still.

I, too, hope that I am able to share my FOCUS 
or favorite quote in Comments.

Thank you for continuing as you are able so that

One Word a Week will transform our lives.

Such a meaningful way to be in 

God's Word.

The BEAUTY of God's Word will transform us,

CULTIVATE more COURAGE

and truly ILLUMINATE

our FOCUS & thoughts; our hearts & souls

will be strengthened, comforted, and flourish 

with more

JESUS

(in US)


Too much is happening in our world & lives

to not fill ourselves more each day

by His SPIRIT as we

LIVE,

LOVE and LINGER

{it's suppose to say "laugh", yet I am finding less & less that brings laughter these days}


I pray your life finds more laughter in your moments that you LINGER here or more importantly in God's Presence daily, weekly 
and still continue in 2024 and beyond

<>

Adding the previous ones completed 
HERE
afterwards

was for the week of September 8

CCR's main scripture for her devotional:

May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17 NIV

Other Scripture verses:

Ecclesiastes 3:2 NASB; Proverbs 28:19 NASB; Galatians 6:9 NIV; Luke 1:37 BSB

"Jesus, help me to discern.
I want to CULTIVATE what matters."
🙏

{many of the verses I found used "cultivated" 
and listed 75 verses 
containing "cultivate" in various versions}

This is one of my choices with our One Word:

Now I entreat you, brethren [brothers & sisters], in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to CULTIVATE a spirit of harmony--all of you--and that there be no divisions among you, but rather a perfect union 
through your having one mind and one judgement.
1 Corinthians 1:10 (WEY) 
[Richard Francis] Weymouth New Testament version

Not just my choice, but my prayer!



13 comments:

  1. For this week’s word of CULTIVATE, I was surprised to find it hard to choose from the book just a quote or two that really spoke to me. So much was spot on for my life and there were many “ouches!” and “really?” spoken in my mind. The garden analogy was wonderful, I thought, and will make me ponder this week on “what is growing in the garden of my life right now?”

    “The attempt to have everything makes it impossible for anything to thrive because every plant begins to steal nutrients from another in order to survive.”
    “But we can trust that when we unearth our purpose in Jesus and begin to plant what matters to Him, He will give us all we need to flourish.”

    Amen! I need wisdom and clarity to cultivate what matters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sis how I agree about this devo on CULTIVATE - the whole 'gardening' analogy repeatedly spoke clearly, personally & loudly (ouches, really & oh yeah) - each paragraph CULTIVATES such applicable parts from roots to plants flourishing! If I chose one, it seemed like I needed to continue to the next & the next until I almost would have an entire paragraph.

      I appreciate the your two choices & that ponder question! Your 1st choice (out of context) just reading it here really hit me, even moreso than in the devo because I focused on each section so that when I got to the last part of how 'the plant begins to steal nutrients from another to survive' I felt this so strongly & powerfully in this moment & how another plant has been stealing my nutrients & draining me of survival & thriving that I just about burst into tears. It caused me to really think about you, too! I had to go back in the book & check my highlights & look for that quote in context - and right after that I had highlighted
      "we learn the hard way that we were never meant to do EVERYTHING" {ouch} then I also highlighted the next sentence too!
      You're so right, there's so much!

      I guess there were two things that I would have chosen as well that comes later:

      (the paragraph that begins with)
      "Cultivating joy ... preceded by obedience. Cultivating peace ... attained by planting seeds of solitude. Cultivating courage ... plowing the field & still showing up when the harvest feels distant..." reverberates deep down inside of me as I pondered this.

      Then, I guess I would go all the way to the last sentence of CCR's devo ... "As we CULTIVATE WITH JESUS, {it's very important that it's WITH JESUS because we often try on our own} our focus will turn from the harvest to the process and our heart will be reminded {let it be so} that our true reward is in daily trusting Him." [Your 2nd quote was the sentence that preceded this ending, and oh my how we really do need His wisdom & clarity to "begin to plant" to CULTIVATE what matters {again - to HIM} and may what matters to us align with what matters to Him (and vice versa really) that our minds & hearts would be in sync rooted & branching out from abiding in the Vine/the Vinedresser. The portion on "removing roots are hard work"
      with "replacing the weeds will require ..." was like you wrote "spot on" ... "digging, dirty hands & diligent care" {so, so good} "to make room for things that give life" and water with life giving water (from the Word of God).

      So, so needed and so very timely & such precious CULTIVATION!

      The biggest example in the outside nature is crabgrass; & trying to rid it from ones' lawn & those roots & the way it spreads & comes back - no matter what you do or use or how unsuccessful it seems when you see it's back again & overtaking. Apply this to our spiritual or regular life & you realize how very much we need "to establish the work of our hands" and the words from our mouths to be life-giving. So many valuable lessons in this one short 2 page concise devo with so much to ponder about our gardens & lives & what we plant, the care we give, and what we may CULTIVATE! To God be the glory that what we hope & are able to do will each day be more of His will & less of ours.

      Thanks sis for such ILLUMINATING thoughts! that spoke & inspire me as always with much love & encouragement.

      Delete
    2. Oh, amen, sis! I loved all you added! Such a wonderful devotional!

      Delete
  2. "Where we live matters. Not only house-wise, but heart-wise. We can live in fear. We can live in denial. We can live in aggravation. We can live in regret. Each of these “places” creates tension and, if we continue to dwell there, leaves us feeling dissatisfied, isolated, unstable, or fearful. They’re not wise, healthy places to hang out and call home; our hearts cannot thrive there." ... from another devotional today 9/9/24 Psalm 91:1 AMPC "A Holy Hideaway"~Julie Gillies
    (and that's not including her prayer & just the beginning)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ILLUMINATE ... Ephesians 3:9; 1:18 (uses "enlighten")and Psalm 18:28 TPT (in YV Prayer) have the One Word ILLUMINATE because CCR quote "The Word of Jesus is what ILLUMINATES our path (goes with last fall image) and gives us wisdom to know when to go right and when to turn left." (but that's not my favorite quote for this week) ... but CCR uses ILLUMINATION more than ILLUMINATEs and ILLUMINATING (all forms of the One Word). So as usual I choose the final statement, but not this time (although it's good, you need the entire paragraph) I am selecting one of her ILLUMINATION parts" ILLUMINATION is what paves the way for revelation and transformation." Powerful and ever true. But CCR goes on with ... "It is through the process of ILLUMINATION that our eyes are opened to the WAY WE SHOULD RIGHTLY SEE OTHERS ..." And the BIG CLINCHER is in the question that follows ..."How would our lives change if we thought less about influencing others and more about ILLUMINATING JESUS? Amen and amen. Hallelujah! YES! Of course, the FOCUS TIP suggests we look for ways to ILLUMINATE JESUS in all we do ... I will try my best but my back is out of whack and inhibiting me from serving or lighting much even in my own little space & certainly not to the ones around me however I am praying that LIGHT shine into their darkness & bring glory to Jesus' name -soon and very soon before it's no longer possible. If one is really talking with God, I pray that he takes the time to listen to what God is telling him, instead of trying to make his two cent proposal to him that he would receive & accept the Father speak clearly that Jesus is the only Way ... to Me; when you get that point, we can negotiate or talk further (lol) ... How often when we need God, we let Him know our deal and not open our ears, eyes & heart to His Will & His Way & just surrender? It's way past time to do this, but still available if only we HEAR HIM call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! We were on the same page with choices from the book! I totally agree and unfortunately realize that my illumination of the Lord needs help! Looking forward to what He shows us this week!

      Delete
    2. Praying your back problems improve. They do make it difficult and all the more harder 🙏🏻

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for your prayers! This is a serious handicap - going upstairs; putting weight on it; walking & so much more & it must be your prayers that today I had some relief after days & getting progressively worse on my right lower back side, radiating pain in any position (laying down, getting up, trying to stand, sleep & walk; prepare 3 meals & snacks in between-now having T serve since I can't do stairs using a walker. Using heat & cold packs alternately. Tried OC meds & had allergic reaction. And the mental & physical decline is more every day (news prescription for the 1st & dropping some for the 2nd).
      That's why I know it must be because of your prayers, I can do anything & that God is helping me. {I will be deleting this but not my appreciation & thanks!

      Delete
    4. I'm not surprised that we were in sync & I don't think there's anyone who doesn't need God's help in our illumination of Jesus & His glory in our day to day! Watching & waiting for all He shows & ILLUMINATES 😉🕊️🙌🏼🙏🏼🥰

      Delete
  4. "Light of the world
    You stepped down into darkness
    Opened my eyes, let me see
    Beauty that made this heart adore You
    Hope of a life spent with You
    Here I am to worship
    Here I am to bow down
    Here I am to say that You're my God
    You're altogether lovely
    Altogether worthy
    Altogether wonderful to me
    King of all days
    Oh, so highly exalted
    Glorious in heaven above
    Humbly You came to the earth You created
    All for love's sake became poor
    Here I am to worship
    Here I am to bow down
    Here I am to say that You're my God"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song just flowed out of me as I finished writing - an oldie but goody in all times! Thanks!

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy