"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Monday, September 30, 2024

BEAUTY in a FALL LIKE DAY

[credit image: Marina Bromley; Roy Lessin]

When I saw this today, September 30th

I just had to share the image and the link to Meet Me in the Meadow

{one of my favorite places to "Meet" with the Lord}

and because it's copyrighted (I'm sure) it can not remain on my blog

but the verse was Psalm 23:5 NKJV (just one portion of it)

however it's Roy Lessin's words that I want to capture

on the FALL photo

"His oil heals and soothes, CALMS and relieves and causes His face to shine upon you." Roy Lessin

There it is my 2024 One Word

CALM

and in case I have to remove the image of "Autumn Leaves" 

here are some from northern Minnesota

{the leaves have not changed yet where I live}



Yes ... the BEAUTY of Autumn

brings me 

AWE

and 

CALM

<>

"How do we pursue BEAUTY in the Lord - ...?"

[the beginning of the last paragraph in this week's devotion by CCR]

And CCR has a BEAUTIFUL answer

before and after this sentence

"BEAUTY from the inside out, that is His heart."

followed by the last sentence of this devotion that captures

the essence of 

BEAUTY

just like the fall for me

{I can never get enough!}

<>

Be sure to follow the link to "Meet Me in the Meadow" and especially read the Prayer.

Perfect for me ... and the start of this week, as we turn the page to

OCTOBER 2024

and I have one week (9 days) to enjoy the last days of being 69

heading into a new decade

of the 70s

(oh my)

{definitely not a day I want to celebrate}

yet fall has a way of making my heart want to sing 

May I find more 

CALM

in the autumn of my life

and the rest of 2024

[image credit: Sue Boldt]

into

BEAUTY 

in His Heart 





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Beautiful pictures, beautiful reflection, and beautiful post from my beautiful sis! Fall is my favorite season, too, and in this changing season (in more ways than one) my prayer is for all the beauty of our great God to overflow on you until your body, mind, and spirit are refreshed and renewed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sis! The same prayer for ๐Ÿ’š and that His BEAUTY will shine & brighten any dim part with the glorious, refreshing flow over you & yours from the top to the bottom, filling & refilling with His Spirit to overflow in your heart "from the inside out" - warming you with His sweet Presence throughout this season of change & BEAUTY in the difficult times as well as the wonderful ones - just because Jesus is the essence of all that is beautiful - just as I see you, such a beautiful reflection of Jesus through & through; you carry His heart & light well to others, like me - you always have & always will - true & faithful are you, because Jesus clearly lives in you & shines BEAUTY to broken souls in your sweet southern way, love & encouraging! Again, I thank you & thank God for you! How you touch & lift me up & know from your own journey just what I may need. Thank you for your ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ!

      Delete
  2. ๐ŸŽถGive us OIL in our lamps, keep it burning, burning burning. Give us oil in our lamps we pray...๐ŸŽถ

    I'm so happy that we both love the autumn & music! They just go so well together.

    Thanks also for the song you shared on YV - that He's in control ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

    ๐ŸŽถIn His time, in His time, He makes all
    things beautiful in His time ... "

    And "the autumn leaves ... ๐Ÿ

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy