"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, January 7, 2018

E"

"E"

... clearly, I exhausted all the words with "E" for me, when I brainstormed with the first "E" and there's still another one left that I left out on purpose in the last blog, which is one of my biggest dilemmas: [looked at as a weakness by most, and yet can be a strength (I guess if you are like me in this) or are more compassionate toward others because of it] ... EMOTIONS.

I'm sure that you can understand how EMOTION does not do so well with BELIEVE, however without EMOTION much of what one may BELIEVE, may also be limited, in my humble opinion.(lol) Yes, because God created us with EMOTIONS and we are made in the image of God, so God has EMOTIONS - no, not emoticons - real emotions that HE knows how to keep in control

[believe it or not, until recently, there has been little scientific research done on how emotions influence beliefs and how they relate, which of course is psychological, so I wonder if that takes into account our spiritual side (Emotions and Beliefs)]

Since "compassion" deals with EMOTION, it is core to iBELIEVE.

Anyways, you may think that this "E" blog post is not even worth sharing in my acronym of BELIEVE yet just because I have struggled for most of my LIFE with being too emotional or allowing my emotions to interfere with sound decision making, which probably also means living out my beliefs as I should, not according to how I feel or worse, the way I react ... contrary to what iBelieve as Paul wrote in Romans 7:15-20. Yeah, that's me

Admitting to being a sinner 
(sigh)
EXPRESSION

yet another word
God
allows us to

EMBRACE

as
we do
Him
His Word
His Promises
to us
and
BELIEVE


The reason that I even bothered with continuing to post this is because I'm sure that throughout 2018 as I ponder and watch God reveal BELIEVE and all He wants to speak to me, without a doubt, it will involve my EMOTIONS and perhaps spark some of yours. So, it has to be included with what iBelieve.

Added this on Jan. 8th, after reading my devotional "Believing God Day by Day" by Beth Moore:

"... More than any other faith challenge I face,
believing that I am who God says I am necessitates choosing what God says over what I feel."Beth Moore "... But if I'm really serious about believing God, I also have to believe what God says about me."

How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I agree that our emotions are a very large part of who we are and reflect what we believe...and the Lord made us this way to use our emotions to ultimately glorify Him...the hard part is (just like with our words) self-control which is impossible to do on our own...so our emotions can draw us nearer to God as we depend on Him to help us learn temperance...and that is just another thing that is daily and continual until we get to glory...

    That being said, tempering and stifling our emotions are two different things...I've gone to the extreme on both sides of stifling and all that does is harden one's heart and block compassion that needs to flow freely or creates an explosion that leaves collateral damage...so I choose to draw nearer to the One I depend on for EVERYTHING...and to thank Him for His great mercy and forgiveness every time my self-control fails...my "self" just can't handle it alone...I ALWAYS need the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis - good words of compassion, wisdom, and true understanding of ❤️ spoken (well, written) with truth and thought expressed in your elegant gift of writing. You ALWAYS help me as we draw closer to God apart yet together.

      Delete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy